Page 56 of 118 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I think that sure M can be a bitch at times though much of it you could say is her defending herself from getting hurt, physically she can brush off pretty much anything but emotionally...she'll probably need some downtime to deal with the end of Bunn's run unless he leaves that little plotline open...

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I always feel like it is hard to judge telepathy strength. I believe it's is based more on experience and how you use it as opposed to pure potential. Sure you can scramble someone's thoughts but can you make someone empty their bowels? That I would think takes a little time and experience. Someone who has "low level" telepathy might be able do battle on the astral plane. To where someone who has "high level" telepathy might not have any idea how to do that.
    Goodpoints by DiamondQueen and blinkingblah. Telepathic ability depends more on training than raw ability in a match up.

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    I like it when she's funny or standing up for something worthwhile. I think it also fits her "perfect" persona to do it just to flaunt (which still fits the 'funny' for me usually). Doing a re-read of 'Uncanny', I'm a little put off by her cruelty and how it fits into the sudden pile-up of developments for her as the title reaches an end.
    Indeed, it's unsettling, as it's meant to be, but definitely interesting.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Guys, we still didnt see M in future solicits.. im kinda worried, since she has this horrible thing with her brother going on..
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by RafDanvers View Post
    Guys, we still didnt see M in future solicits.. im kinda worried, since she has this horrible thing with her brother going on..
    By horrible, you mean awesome? Because that entire story between her, Emplate and Sabretooth is absolutely great. Especially the latest issue.

And I wouldn't worry.

1. She's female.
    2. She's ethnic.

This is Marvel's target audience. She will probably end up in the Avengers or something.

Like everyone else has.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

lol because she "ethnic" as you put it is the reason why'd she'd get sent to comic limbo and i'd have to disagree with sabertooth and monet relationship being "awesome" I feel like we're witnessing a character assasination with monet (her killing so many humans, acting so ooc, the whole emplate thing) to justify sending her to limbo

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    lol because she "ethnic" as you put it is the reason why'd she'd get sent to comic limbo and i'd have to disagree with sabertooth and monet relationship being "awesome" I feel like we're witnessing a character assasination with monet (her killing so many humans, acting so ooc, the whole emplate thing) to justify sending her to limbo
    Well, I was making a... almost a joke... about the ethnic thing. Because Marvel is busy replacing existing characters with female versions, who are usually of some ethnic background. I don't mind these creations, I am just bummed at the need to shuffle off the existing characters to validate the new ones (in many cases - Iron Man {dead} -> Iron Heart {African American female}, Bruce Banner {dead} -> Awesome Incredible Hulk {Cho, whose background I am not familiar with}) - some remain alive and have multiple versions running around (Steve Rogers -> Hail Hydra now, but has Sam Wilson Cap, there's a Latino Female also with the same identity, I believe, and on and on).

BUT - all of that said - I think too many people (including creative folks) enjoy writing Monet, because she's so sassy, and bitchy, and has the power to back it all up.

I am enjoying the Monet/Emplate story, because I am pretty sure she's going to come out of this (probably changed) - but they will treat it like Winter Soldier. "She" didn't kill them, Emplate did. So no one will judge her. They will all blame Emplate's influence, and she will walk away free. But I am enjoying how Sabretooth has been turned "good" (forgot whatever event that was that turned people around, because I stopped caring about big events), but in the latest issue, he's struggling, and that dark, animalistic side of him returns by the time we reach the end - and all for Monet (or... was it because that is WHO he REALLY is...)
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Putting aside my annoyance at the term "ethnic," I just have to lol and ask how is being "ethnic" working out for Bishop, Frenzy, Synch, Gateway, etc...

Anyhow, the so-called character assassination going on right now may in fact be the story development that allows her a place in the ResurrXion world order... and that place is as the main villain of the upcoming Gen X book. The original Generation X began with an Emplate enemy, after all, so it would be a fitting tribute to bring series lead Jubilee's frenemsis back as an Emplate to face off against in the new Generation X.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I never understood why there's this unspoken rule that Monet has to be moderately powerful at each of her powers, why can't she be powerful at all of them? Like why does it have to be that she's a "low level telepath and telekinesis" (even tho on numerous occassions she has been shown to be emma frost, rachel grey and psylocke match in telepathy and rachel match in tk). Why do people say her wild set of powers is an overkill? Y'all never complain about jean grey telepathy practically allowing her to do everything, I never hear complaints about franklin richards, nate grey, mr m, legion and vulcan "god like" power set so why can't we have a very powerful woc character? What's wrong with that? I can see Monet becoming on scarlet witch level powerful
    Those characters you've mentioned have been criticized for being overpowered though. Hell, that's the reason Jean hasn't been revived.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Putting aside my annoyance at the term "ethnic," I just have to lol and ask how is being "ethnic" working out for Bishop, Frenzy, Synch, Gateway, etc...

Anyhow, the so-called character assassination going on right now may in fact be the story development that allows her a place in the ResurrXion world order... and that place is as the main villain of the upcoming Gen X book. The original Generation X began with an Emplate enemy, after all, so it would be a fitting tribute to bring series lead Jubilee's frenemsis back as an Emplate to face off against in the new Generation X.
    Its an ignorant term. If people want to say its bc she's black, then just say it. As you pointed out, black characters dont fare to well in the X-world. Storm and Bishop are the only ones to really ever become truly prominent. We got lucky with M the past few years she's had writers that liked her but it seems thats over, especially with Marvel's mandated nostalgic push with ResurXion. Gen Xis likely the place she may turn up the most as you point out. Like you I also dont see any character assasination. Love her arc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    I like it when she's funny or standing up for something worthwhile. I think it also fits her "perfect" persona to do it just to flaunt (which still fits the 'funny' for me usually). Doing a re-read of 'Uncanny', I'm a little put off by her cruelty and how it fits into the sudden pile-up of developments for her as the title reaches an end.
    Well. Monet doesn't have to be a bitch to EVERYBODY--just to Jubilee. Then rub her power, beauty, and money into Jub's face so Jubilee can snark back.

BANNED

Marvel is definitely pushing the diversity thing these days EXCEPT when it comes to the XMEN, which is hugely ironic. If they had the movie rights to Monet, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave her a solo, but they don't, so she's def in trouble of going to limbo.

Marvel needs to stop pushing new minority characters and reward the ones it already has (Storm, Monet, Bishop, Moonstar, Magik, Psylocke) except they're all XMEN so they're screwed.

I really wouldnt consider Magik a minority. Beside she,Storm and Psylocke have all had plenty of time in the spotlight the past several years (the latter two have been fairly consistent for decades). IA on Moonstar, M and Bishop though

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Well. Monet doesn't have to be a bitch to EVERYBODY--just to Jubilee. Then rub her power, beauty, and money into Jub's face so Jubilee can snark back.
    Lol exactly. Rahne filled that space for a while but Jubilee will forever be her number one frenemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Marvel is definitely pushing the diversity thing these days EXCEPT when it comes to the XMEN, which is hugely ironic. If they had the movie rights to Monet, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave her a solo, but they don't, so she's def in trouble of going to limbo.

Marvel needs to stop pushing new minority characters and reward the ones it already has (Storm, Monet, Bishop, Moonstar, Magik, Psylocke) except they're all XMEN so they're screwed.
    Yeah it's funny how there are more black men (ie one) in the group known to be slaveholders than the group meant to represent aspects of the Civil Rights movement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really wouldnt consider Magik a minority. Beside she,Storm and Psylocke have all had plenty of time in the spotlight the past several years (the latter two have been fairly consistent for decades). IA on Moonstar, M and Bishop though
    Lol, I don't know why I put Magik there. I agree about Psylocke but def disagree on Storm.

They write her as a joke, yet before the movie deals, she was the Wonder Woman of the Marvel universe. I do believe that if she wasn't an XMEN, they'd give her the same push they're giving Captain Marvel, and she'd def have her own solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Lol, I don't know why I put Magik there. I agree about Psylocke but def disagree on Storm.

They write her as a joke, yet before the movie deals, she was the Wonder Woman of the Marvel universe. I do believe that if she wasn't an XMEN, they'd give her the same push they're giving Captain Marvel, and she'd def have her own solo.
    you may not like how she is written but its not like she's been sideline. Storm hasnt been one of the characters that Marvel tossed aside and put in limbo. Even when she left the X-men a few years ago, she was featured in BP, FF and Avengers. And she did have her own solo and sales werent great. IMO, Storm is a character that works better with a team then on her own. She excels as a leader which is a major aspect of the character that is lost when she doesnt have a group to command