Page 58 of 118 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Remember when some Monet fans swore up and down that she was biracial like Ororo?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 02-07-2017 at 08:07 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    lol psylocke is a white girl living in a japanese woman body so i don't really feel comfortable branding her as woc
    Not really. The current Psylocke is literally not the same personal the original Betsy Braddock was.

Original Psylocke didn't make psychic knives or weapons, never developed tk, wasn't ninjas, etc.

Spiral, with her body shoppe, took Kwannon and Psylocke and not only mixed the DNA of the two women, she mixed the memories and skills of the women. Psylocke's hand fighting skills come from Kwannon. Her psychic knife is a result of Spiral's alterations.

Psylocke isn't a white girl in an Asian body, she's a new character essentially. These days you can't really tell she's English, and Captain Britain isn't in the picture.

I'd say she's a woman of color. One created in the lab by Spiral.

Monet is clearly a WOC. I wonder where she'll appear next.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Not really. The current Psylocke is literally not the same personal the original Betsy Braddock was.
    Original Psylocke didn't make psychic knives or weapons, never developed tk, wasn't ninjas, etc.
    Spiral, with her body shoppe, took Kwannon and Psylocke and not only mixed the DNA of the two women, she mixed the memories and skills of the women. Psylocke's hand fighting skills come from Kwannon. Her psychic knife is a result of Spiral's alterations.
    Psylocke isn't a white girl in an Asian body, she's a new character essentially. These days you can't really tell she's English, and Captain Britain isn't in the picture.
    I'd say she's a woman of color. One created in the lab by Spiral.
    I am probably not remembering correctly - but did Kwannon not come after Psylocke, wanting her body back, because Psylocke's original body had the Legacy Virus?

So... it seems more than just Spiral "mixed them up in a mixer"... it seems that she is indeed, body swapped.

This seems to lend to what I remember:
    http://www3.nd.edu/~ljordan/psy.text/psyhistory.html

"Later, Kwannon, came to the X-Mansion and claimed that she was really Psylocke, but the X-Men discovered that Kwannon was really Kwannon, and Psylocke was really Psylocke. Soon after Cyclops and Jean Grey's wedding, Kwannon was infected with the Legacy virus, a deadly disease for mutants which increases their powers to such an extent, that it kills them. Kwannon asked Matsu'o to kill her before she could be killed by the Legacy virus. Psylocke still retained some of Kwannon's memories, since Psylocke was living in Kwannon's original body. "
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Ultimate Member

Spiral mixed them together to such a degree that tp's couldn't tell them apart and they smelled the same to Wolverine for starters so the two were mixed on a very deep level, not just a straight up bodyswap, so each body had much the same memories and such...so the Psylocke that we have now is much of Kwannon's original body with some of the Original Betsy's body mixed in...not truly 100% either one...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Spiral mixed them together to such a degree that tp's couldn't tell them apart and they smelled the same to Wolverine for starters so the two were mixed on a very deep level, not just a straight up bodyswap, so each body had much the same memories and such...so the Psylocke that we have now is much of Kwannon's original body with some of the Original Betsy's body mixed in...not truly 100% either one...
    Where was this mentioned? Because this goes against what I remember. I know their minds were messed with (causing the mixed memories), but I thought the body swap was a pure swap.

Many of the fans of Psylocke I doubt know to much about Betsy's past except for those that know the whole story and those that have seen the movie only wouldn't care so there'd be no reason to change her back and just accept her as she is and go from there...
    A lot of my casual fan friends have a working understanding of Psylocke's racial mess.

As for M I hope that you're wrong ou and that she's not still messed up, it's been all that she's been about for the last several months and she needs to get better otherwise there'll be some that'll be upset no matter how it ends...
    I think it's good for M to have something to overcome. I'm not super happy with how her arc ended in Uncanny (mostly because it seemed last-minute, jam-packed to be properly explored), but it's very much so a line-in-the-sand time for Monet--is she a hero deserving of her decent run as an X-Man, or does she belong in the darkness with her brother?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Where was this mentioned? Because this goes against what I remember. I know their minds were messed with (causing the mixed memories), but I thought the body swap was a pure swap.
    Well remember that they smelled the exact same to Wolverine for starters, if it was just a pure bodyswap then they wouldn't have smelled exactly the same...and wasn't it the how and why both bodies had mutant abilities...

Also they had the same psychic imprint. At first people thought it was just a body swap but Spiral's magics had merged the two.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Remember when some Monet fans swore up and down that she was biracial like Ororo?
    Storm's biracial? That's news to me... I always thought both her parents were black.

Ultimate Member

Isn't Storm also an American by birth...

@Znop-Considering we have never seen her mom it is a possibility. Her mom is Algerian and could possibly be a middle eastern looking person. Her dad is of French Monegasque decent. So she could fit anywhere in the spectrum pretty much.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    @Znop-Considering we have never seen her mom it is a possibility. Her mom is Algerian and could possibly be a middle eastern looking person. Her dad is of French Monegasque decent. So she could fit anywhere in the spectrum pretty much.
    1. We have seen Monet's mom "Mere" in the books. Starting with Generation X. 100% sure about that.

2. Cartier St. Croix is primarily Afro/Black Monegasque (even Prince Albert's son is part Black). Larry Hama gave Monet three passports after the Penance deal which is weird considering Monet wasn't born or raised in Algeria (but the Gen X preview before Gen X #1 with "Yvette" Penance listed Algers as her birthplace) and she wouldn't be an Algerian citizen according to Algerian nationality laws at the time anyway (Women could not pass their nationality to their kids until the 2005 law reform.). Same with Bosnia where she was born (if neither Cartier and/or "Mere" were citizens, Monet couldn't be one). And France is different....maybe Cartier or "Mere" became a naturalized citizen from living there for a minute and got Monet and his kids citizenship. Or citizenship by other means. But he is 100% from Monaco and last name doesn't equal French as the national language of Monaco in French and French last names are common there.

3. The following people are all Algerian people....

Algeria is made up of people of several shades just like Libya and other North African countries. When some people think all look the same or it's just one way, it makes me shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Storm's biracial? That's news to me... I always thought both her parents were black.
    Isn't Storm also an American by birth...
    Storm is not biracial. Both her parents are black and yes she is a natural born American citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm is not biracial. Both her parents are black and yes she is a natural born American citizen
    I thought we've seen her parents before - in a flashback, around the time that we see the wall collapse on her, and giving birth to her claustrophobia?

I, personally, never thought Storm was bi-racial (but there's a gap of X-Men I stopped reading/carring - Grant Morrison & Chuck Austen specifically, so it may have been there, and I would have missed it).

But, I never assumed she was an American citizen either? Because she was young in Africa, and grew up in Africa, I just always assumed, she was African.

Ultimate Member

Nope, just like Mel Gibson she was born in the US and then moved when she was very young...