Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

M dad is a dark black man. At first M was going to be white but they made her dad black. i like how she keep getting light when she more sexy a lil darker

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStorm View Post
    M dad is a dark black man. At first M was going to be white but they made her dad black. i like how she keep getting light when she more sexy a lil darker
    M's father is usually depicted to be afro-french, her mother I believe is Algerian, either Arab or Berber.

BANNED

Let's face it... Monet's skin color is far closer to what we as humans consider to be black or brown... To say otherwise is simply denial -- as technically there is no such race deemed to be "black".

The One-Drop Rule Defined:
    To be considered black in the United States not even half of one's ancestry must be African black. But will one-fourth do, or one-eighth, or less? The nation's answer to the question 'Who is black?" has long been that a black is any person with any known African black ancestry. This definition reflects the long experience with slavery and later with Jim Crow segregation. In the South it became known as the "one-drop rule,'' meaning that a single drop of "black blood" makes a person a black. It is also known as the "one black ancestor rule," some courts have called it the "traceable amount rule," and anthropologists call it the "hypo-descent rule," meaning that racially mixed persons are assigned the status of the subordinate group. This definition emerged from the American South to become the nation's definition, generally accepted by whites and blacks. Blacks had no other choice. As we shall see, this American cultural definition of blacks is taken for granted as readily by judges, affirmative action officers, and black protesters as it is by Ku Klux Klansmen.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 07-06-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Let's face it... Monet's skin color is far closer to what we as humans consider to be black or brown... To say otherwise is simply denial -- as technically there is no such race deemed to be "black".

The One-Drop Rule Defined:
    To be considered black in the United States not even half of one's ancestry must be African black. But will one-fourth do, or one-eighth, or less? The nation's answer to the question 'Who is black?" has long been that a black is any person with any known African black ancestry. This definition reflects the long experience with slavery and later with Jim Crow segregation. In the South it became known as the "one-drop rule,'' meaning that a single drop of "black blood" makes a person a black. It is also known as the "one black ancestor rule," some courts have called it the "traceable amount rule," and anthropologists call it the "hypo-descent rule," meaning that racially mixed persons are assigned the status of the subordinate group. This definition emerged from the American South to become the nation's definition, generally accepted by whites and blacks. Blacks had no other choice. As we shall see, this American cultural definition of blacks is taken for granted as readily by judges, affirmative action officers, and black protesters as it is by Ku Klux Klansmen.
    well none of the racial color names are actually accurate, you arn't actually white unless unless your corps has been complacently drained of blood and if you are yellow I believe you have jaundice.

While Monet was created by American she was neither created to be american, have an american view point, socially or ethnically. And I am unsure how the Algerians or French view race as a subject.

I think saying she is really any one color 100% is a little presumptuous. She is enough mixed to where she could either be really dark or really light. I mean most Algerians are Berber and pretty light skinned. On the other hand, her father appears to be pretty dark even though he is from the french riviera. i think he is Monegasque which was a minority in Monaco at one point. So she could probably be on any end of the spectrum besides albino.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I think saying she is really any one color 100% is a little presumptuous. She is enough mixed to where she could either be really dark or really light. I mean most Algerians are Berber and pretty light skinned. On the other hand, her father appears to be pretty dark even though he is from the french riviera. i think he is Monegasque which was a minority in Monaco at one point. So she could probably be on any end of the spectrum besides albino.
    Saying that she is anything but a brown skinned girl leads me to believe that people have a problem with that. I mean Why is it with characters like Darwin, Sunspot, and M they are whitewashed and people shouldn't complain or they bring up that apparently anyone born brown outside of America can be colored white and it be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    well none of the racial color names are actually accurate, you arn't actually white unless unless your corps has been complacently drained of blood and if you are yellow I believe you have jaundice.

While Monet was created by American she was neither created to be american, have an american view point, socially or ethnically. And I am unsure how the Algerians or French view race as a subject.
    She is a fictional character in a book that is sold in America, and her adventures take place in America. If she was a real person and came to this country it'd be dumb if she tried to take a stance on being outside the american racial scope.

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Saying that she is anything but a brown skinned girl leads me to believe that people have a problem with that. I mean Why is it with characters like Darwin, Sunspot, and M they are whitewashed and people shouldn't complain or they bring up that apparently anyone born brown outside of America can be colored white and it be okay.

She is a fictional character in a book that is sold in America, and her adventures take place in America. If she was a real person and came to this country it'd be dumb if she tried to take a stance on being outside the american racial scope.
    I think there is something wrong with saying she is brown because there are many different color variations other than brown that she could be. Especially considering her heritage. Like I have already said in my other post she has the genetics to where she could be really dark or really light. I have a friend who is from Trinidad and Tobago. His mother is as dark as coffee. His father is Caucasian and he turned out to be vanilla. I'm stating that simply calling her brown is funny because to my knowledge none of us have met her before and she has appeared as just about every skin shade there can be. If we want to go by her first appearance or how her creators introduced her she seems to be more tan.

*Sigh* Why does M discussion always devolve into debate about her skin color?

I think there is something wrong with saying she is brown because there are many different color variations other than brown that she could be. Especially considering her heritage. Like I have already said in my other post she has the genetics to where she could be really dark or really light. I have a friend who is from Trinidad and Tobago. His mother is as dark as coffee. His father is Caucasian and he turned out to be vanilla. I'm stating that simply calling her brown is funny because to my knowledge none of us have met her before and she has appeared as just about every skin shade there can be. If we want to go by her first appearance or how her creators introduced her she seems to be more tan.
    No one is saying anything about her genetics dude. I don't think it's wrong calling her brown if...you know she IS brown, just like your friend is vanilla.(?) And in her first appearance her and Synch were colore the same so by your own logic... And I think it's bullshit saying its a coloring problem. I don't remember reading Gen X and wondering why M looked so white.
    253455-5300-39935-3-generation-x.jpg well look at that M and Synch's skin was matching back then!!!

images.jpg Here's a fantasy image of what M looks like and her brother, both a lil more than tan.
    It's okay if she is a brown skinned Mutant hero...you can still like her

Never said I didn't like her. By the images you just gave me there is obviously a coloring issue!?! Her fist appearance was in an uncanny and yeah she was pretty much tan. If you open up that first issue of Gen X she is tan. I am saying everything about genetics, bro? I think your getting it confused. I don't care what color she is. I just don't think that anyone has any authority other than someone from marvel to tell me what color she is because she has been every color. I am not saying that I do not like people of color.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 07-06-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Never said I didn't like her. By the images you just gave me there is obviously a coloring issue!?! Her fist appearance was in an uncanny and yeah she was pretty much tan. If you open up that first issue of Gen X she is tan. I am saying everything about genetics, bro? I think your getting it confused. I don't care what color she is. I just don't think that anyone has any authority other than someone from marvel to tell me what color she is because she has been every color. I am not saying that I do not like people of color.
    I'm showing you the first issue cause her and Synch who IS African-American are colored the same shade. He's no darker or lighter than her. they are obviously supposed to be the same color in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post

Yes but it is also a duty of American speculative fiction to challenge erroneous American ideologies, in the United States the racial ideology is based in delusion.

Look at the american idea of Black, Subsaharan is Black, except the Sahara has not been a Major trade or migration barrier ever. A significant road bump yes, barrier no. there are arabised blacks of Sudan(the country not the region), The non arabised blacks of Sudan. There are the Tigray, Oromo, and Amahra people of Ethiopia, There are the Somali, the Fula/Fulani/ Hausa-Fulani that range from red-brown to chocolate. There are the Kohisians, the coastal Islanders, and the People of the former Islamic city states of east Africa who range in looks and religions. And american all paints them black because they have skin of various shades of brown and Kinked hair(More or less kinked hair, even that can vary greatly)

It's like a person of Navajo decent saying French and the Chinese have straight hair and pale skin, they are all white Asians. he American racial scope should be challenged, it is unequipped to deal with the world as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Yes but it is also a duty of American speculative fiction to challenge erroneous American ideologies, in the United States the racial ideology is based in delusion.

Look at the american idea of Black, Subsaharan is Black, except the Sahara has not been a Major trade or migration barrier ever. A significant road bump yes, barrier no. there are arabised blacks of Sudan(the country not the region), The non arabised blacks of Sudan. There are the Tigray, Oromo, and Amahra people of Ethiopia, There are the Somali, the Fula/Fulani/ Hausa-Fulani that range from red-brown to chocolate. There are the Kohisians, the coastal Islanders, and the People of the former Islamic city states of east Africa who range in looks and religions. And american all paints them black because they have skin of various shades of brown and Kinked hair(More or less kinked hair, even that can vary greatly)

It's like a person of Navajo decent saying French and the Chinese have straight hair and pale skin, they are all white Asians. he American racial scope should be challenged, it is unequipped to deal with the world as is.
    I'm not trying to say M is African-American but it's ridiculous to say that calling her brown would be wrong, unless she is the Zoe Saldana of Marvel Hero's.

Take a stroll through a gallery there are plenty of instances where Synch, M and Mondo (who is Hawaiian) are all colored the same. In the same gallery you will find that they all have different skin tones. Take a look at Uncanny 315 and X-Men 36. First issues for both M and Synch and then tell me they look alike. Actually, I think we are going to have to agree to disagree.

No matte how we see M we can all agree on how much of a BOSS she is