Page 63 of 118 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

^^I ship Gateway, Jr. - Eden Fesi with Monet.

How did everyone feel about Monet's reappearance in Gen X? She got a new outfit hopefully if she clears herself of her brother's influence she gets another look. Can't wait to see Jubilee and M battle it out.

I have been re-reading Bunn's run and I am still at a loss for what his arc for Monet was and if it would've been clearer if the title continued longer. She showed so much empathy for Elixir and then so little for both Betsy (with whom she fought alongside for a while) and the tiger mutant. However she *was* under Emplate's influence at the time. It is just hard for me to parse through what was grief over Madrox's death, Emplate's personality, and M being M. Plus as much as I loved it, the HFC thing seems so rando. I just feel like I have *less* of an understanding of who she now despite all of those developments.

Yeah, the Hellfire Club thing was left unexplored but at least it was something new for her. Having her go through another damn traumatic experience after being held hostage for years by her own brother is just so devastating.
    Last edited by nandes; 07-14-2017 at 10:02 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Yeah, the Hellfire Club thing was left unexplored but at least it was something new for her. Having her go through another damn traumatic experience after being held hostage for years by her own brother is just so devastating.
    Yeah.

Wake me up when Monet's normal again. I love the character, but I can't stand what's currently happening to her. I learned from Scarlet Witch/Disassembled/HoM/Decimation to just stop reading if I'm ever in that position again.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Yeah, I am not crazy about Monet having to deal with the possession of her brother. I pretty much loved everything that Bunn did in his run with the exception of that and hated that is how he left the character.

I LOVE how OP a character M is when written right. It doesn't make sense to have only a tiny handful of mutants who are actually powerful.

Some new fan art!

Check out the artist's other amazing redesigns here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    Some new fan art!

Check out the artist's other amazing redesigns here.
    Some interesting designs. Which there was a search function.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    They never addressed that until Monet was separated into the twins. Anytime she did "zone out" it resulted in her figuring out a solution.

There are aspect I'd love to see explored with Monet.

How was Gateway her mentor? How did that start?

Where are the twins now? Is the combining thing really an Xgene or something else? Emplate can do things that generally aren't connected to his "marrow sucking" powers.
    Emplate is a sorcerer, which is why he can do things unrelated to his marrow sucking absorption powers, like possess Monet. I think pride was her downfall, because she never told anyone who could help about her problem. She didn't trust anyone enough, and look where it got her.

Magik could have stabbed her with the soulsword and free her from possession. Or one of the other telepaths probably could have kicked Emplate out of her. Or Forge, Magneto, or Beast could have used technology to separate them. But all of this would mean she'd have to go to others for help.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Emplate is a sorcerer, which is why he can do things unrelated to his marrow sucking absorption powers, like possess Monet. I think pride was her downfall, because she never told anyone who could help about her problem. She didn't trust anyone enough, and look where it got her.

Magik could have stabbed her with the soulsword and free her from possession. Or one of the other telepaths probably could have kicked Emplate out of her. Or Forge, Magneto, or Beast could have used technology to separate them. But all of this would mean she'd have to go to others for help.
    M is pretty smart, she probably knew enough about the dark creepy sh!t her brother and Mother(?) were involved in to that Magiks soulsword would either not work, or kill her as not all magic is interchangeable, telepaths aren't really that useful against magic, neither is technology.
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    M is pretty smart, she probably knew enough about the dark creepy sh!t her brother and Mother(?) were involved in to that Magiks soulsword would either not work, or kill her as not all magic is interchangeable, telepaths aren't really that useful against magic, neither is technology.
    That's pure BS that none of the X-Men would have been able to help her. They've beaten Emplate PLENTY of TIMES.

She was just to prideful to go for help and she payed a heavy price . Emplate is not that powerful a sorcerer, and Magik is ruler of a hell dimension and was trained by Dr. Strange himself. Of course she could purge Emplate. And of course the team technology geniuses or telepaths could have gotten him out, as they have dealt with far worse beings.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    That's pure BS that none of the X-Men would have been able to help her. They've beaten Emplate PLENTY of TIMES.

She was just to prideful to go for help and she payed a heavy price . Emplate is not that powerful a sorcerer, and Magik is ruler of a hell dimension and was trained by Dr. Strange himself. Of course she could purge Emplate. And of course the team technology geniuses or telepaths could have gotten him out, as they have dealt with far worse beings.
    The X-Men have BARELY beaten him once tho
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

I love M but missed out on most of her convoluted history. Could somebody post in a Monet 101 for me? I'm confused with the Emplate, Penance, Monet stuff, mostly due to the lack of trade paperbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I love M but missed out on most of her convoluted history. Could somebody post in a Monet 101 for me? I'm confused with the Emplate, Penance, Monet stuff, mostly due to the lack of trade paperbacks.
    The melded their bodies/minds to form the first Muslim, trans, supervillan. besides that.....No one knows.

Hope that helps!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

The melded their bodies/minds to form the first Muslim, trans, supervillan. besides that.....No one knows.

Hope that helps!!!
    Duh . . . . we need a new Gen-X TP.

BANNED

The X-Men have BARELY beaten him once tho
    No way Emplate could beat the adult X-Men. You mean Gen X barely beat him. He's no serious threat to them.