Page 87 of 118 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1758
    BANNED

I like Monet the way she was introduced--rich, beautiful, powerful, and TOTALLY stuck-up.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did you read the arc? You act like there was much choice. The X-men were off dealing with the Archangel drones and she was alone with Sabretooth to deal with Emplate. Monet came onto him as he was killing Morlocks. Emplate knocked Sabretooth and Callisto and at that point she was alone to deal wtih him and he forced the merger onto her. There was no arrogance or overconfidence on her part. She did what she did to protect those mutants and she stopped him from killing anyone else that day.
    I think they mean afterwards. She gets cursed by Emplate, deicdes not to say anything, then listens to Emplate about distracting the others with other things so nobody notices her. It's like she & Creed were trying to get by living with Emplate rather than looking for a way to get rid of him, which only enabled his influence over Monet & made her the threat he was.

May be editorial's fault since Bunn wasn't allowed to work on that arc uninterrupted, and probably had to rush it. He left it open in chapter 19, but the story was rushed on Monet's end & ignored on Creed's. We don't get to see her putting up much struggle before going full psycho, killing Inhumans & Morlocks. Then she seems to shrug off the entire ordeal. On Creed's end, it just looks like he abandoned her w/o a care in the world given how he hasn't been shown giving a passing thought on her in any book he's been in since.

So, answering LoganAlpha30X33, it does seem Marvel just intends to ignore that Bunncanny ever existed. Next time we see Monet, it'll be like nothing happened to her since X-Factor.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-01-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Then again it was her mistake that lead to all of those deaths, so it is partially her fault for her own arrogance and overconfidence got those people killed...
    victim blaming 101. marius possessing and abusing monet is no one fault but marius (and bunn for writing this storyline). monet was beating marius and at the last minute he turned into a mist and embedded his claws into her.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I think they mean afterwards. She gets cursed by Emplate, deicdes not to say anything, then listens to Emplate about distracting the others with other things so nobody notices her. It's like she & Creed were trying to get by living with Emplate rather than looking for a way to get rid of him, which only enabled his influence over Monet & made her the threat he was.

May be editorial's fault since Bunn wasn't allowed to work on that arc uninterrupted, and probably had to rush it. He left it open in chapter 19, but the story was rushed on Monet's end & ignored on Creed's. We don't get to see her putting up much struggle before going full psycho, killing Inhumans & Morlocks. Then she seems to shrug off the entire ordeal. On Creed's end, it just looks like he abandoned her w/o a care in the world given how he hasn't been shown giving a passing thought on her in any book he's been in since.

So, answering LoganAlpha30X33, it does seem Marvel just intends to ignore that Bunncanny ever existed. Next time we see Monet, it'll be like nothing happened to her since X-Factor.
    what are you saying in uncanny #19 its said explicitly, written black on white, that marius took complete hold of monet and he's manipulating her and using her body to feed

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    what are you saying in uncanny #19 its said explicitly, written black on white, that marius took complete hold of monet and he's manipulating her and using her body to feed
    By chapter 17, Monet was effectively lost to Eomplate. But why did it get that far?

The chapter it happened, she was still very much Monet, and i control.
    RCO023_1469033187.jpg
    Emplate tells her to feed him, or he won't cooperate with helping her keep things a secret. She wanted to hide her affliction. Sabretooth tells her that if she doesn't want to say anything to anyone, it's her call. And she never did, which led to both of them feeding Emplate, and him gaining greater control over Monet to the point she was lost to him. Then she started killing Morlocks just like he was, making her sacrifice an mission down there pointless. Plus the numerous Inhumans she murdered.

Monet's secrecy and not telling anyone is what allowed the situation to get out of hand. She tried to deal with it herself, but she needed real help that she didn't ask for. Jubilee & the other GenX team had to find out on their own, then they & the new students had to get her free of Emplate. Had Jubilee not found out about her, Monet would still be possessed and killing mutants. Nobody knew what was going on with her, because she didn't tell anyone when it happened.

The only reason Creed know was because he was there. And he didn't handle it any better than she did. They both got themselves into deep water with that situation. And even when he sees her going evil due to Emplate, he tries talking to her, fighting her, and still refusing to tell anyone about her problem after it was clear she was mostly gone. Then thanks to Editorial just throwing Creed over in Weapon X with no closure, it appears he just abandoned her after helping to make things worse.

Nobody is saying the possession is Monet's fault. But it was her fault for not saying anything after the fact, going out of her way to hide it, and allowing it to get worse. It's like if you discover something weird with your body. It may not be your fault, but rather than go to a doctor and get it checked + treated before it gets worse, you don't say anything, try to ignore it, and it turns into something serious that could've been avoided with earlier treatment.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-02-2018 at 08:04 AM.

By chapter 17, Monet was effectively lost to Eomplate. But why did it get that far?

The chapter it happened, she was still very much Monet, and i control.
    RCO023_1469033187.jpg
    Emplate tells her to feed him, or he won't cooperate with helping her keep things a secret. She wanted to hide her affliction. Sabretooth tells her that if she doesn't want to say anything to anyone, it's her call. And she never did, which led to both of them feeding Emplate, and him gaining greater control over Monet to the point she was lost to him. Then she started killing Morlocks just like he was, making her sacrifice an mission down there pointless. Plus the numerous Inhumans she murdered.

Monet's secrecy and not telling anyone is what allowed the situation to get out of hand. She tried to deal with it herself, but she needed real help that she didn't ask for. Jubilee & the other GenX team had to find out on their own, then they & the new students had to get her free of Emplate. Had Jubilee not found out about her, Monet would still be possessed and killing mutants. Nobody knew what was going on with her, because she didn't tell anyone when it happened.

The only reason Creed know was because he was there. And he didn't handle it any better than she did. They both got themselves into deep water with that situation. And even when he sees her going evil due to Emplate, he tries talking to her, fighting her, and still refusing to tell anyone about her problem after it was clear she was mostly gone. Then thanks to Editorial just throwing Creed over in Weapon X with no closure, it appears he just abandoned her after helping to make things worse.

Nobody is saying the possession is Monet's fault. But it was her fault for not saying anything after the fact, going out of her way to hide it, and allowing it to get worse. It's like if you discover something weird with your body. It may not be your fault, but rather than go to a doctor and get it checked + treated before it gets worse, you don't say anything, try to ignore it, and it turns into something serious that could've been avoided with earlier treatment.
    Maybe monet didn't want to tell anyone because of feeling of shame she probably had from being under emplate hold again. Saying its monet fault that marius had great hold over is textbook victim blaming and even if she told the rest of her team its not like any of them can do anything emplate uses dark magic and has other natural powerful powers

Maybe monet didn't want to tell anyone because of feeling of shame she probably had from being under emplate hold again. Saying its monet fault that marius had great hold over is textbook victim blaming and even if she told the rest of her team its not like any of them can do anything emplate uses dark magic and has other natural powerful powers
    We'd have to agree to disagree. Since you seem to be more emotional on the topic, and it could easily get heated. And that's not a sarcastic jab. But the race debate gets heated enough. So I don't wanna jump into another controversial topic.

On a hopeless note, I would like some of the stuff Bunn did to get addressed. Sad he lost Monet when we could've gotten an interesting story & development. But given the current X-Line, she's better off in limbo.

Guggenheim most likely won't do her justice.
    Rosenberg doesn't like her, and most likely doesn't want her
    Bunn has no plans for her, and even stated to not adding anymore Uncanny characters to Blue currently.
    Taylor has enough characters in Red
    Pak most likely isn't gonna use her, and given his track record with the cast, he wouldn't do her any justice either.

I keep hoping for Bunn to get her back one day. Maybe when Blue finally ends, he might. I was curious on her dealings with the HFC. And her rocky relationship with Mystique, whom Bunn confirmed she wasn't gonna get along with. I'd love to see that battle of words, if not a full-on fight. I'd kill to see Monet kicking Mystique's ass.

Monet could use more character insight in general. She stays with untapped potential. Really many characters are similar, since books aren't allowed to start slow & build anymore. It seems many readers have lost the patience to let a start start at zero & build up gradually. Which is what character development takes.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-02-2018 at 06:19 PM.

That's to bad about Bunn not having any plans for Monet. I wanted to see where he would go with her. I guess its a moot point considering Monet's story with M-Plate was finished in Gen X
    So he's not adding any more Uncanny members to X-Men Blue. Did he reveal this on twitter?

Ultimate Member

Well there are rumors that Blue is ending with #36, now whether the book just gets a new writer after that or just restarts say at issue #0 with a new group or something like that who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    That's to bad about Bunn not having any plans for Monet. I wanted to see where he would go with her. I guess its a moot point considering Monet's story with M-Plate was finished in Gen X
    So he's not adding any more Uncanny members to X-Men Blue. Did he reveal this on twitter?
    http://cullenbunn.tumblr.com/post/17...here-any-other

Then more recently, someone asked if he had plans for Psylocke, and he said no.

So, seems him continuing anything from Bunncanny that's not in Blue now is off the table.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-03-2018 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    in one of the first issues of GenX they described her as being as strong & invulnerable as Rogue and as smart as Forge.

You're wrong.

That was an assumption, the truth is she is only a class 10, and she never showed a feat of strength as big as those of classic Rogue, which was above class 50.

In any official book you see that the level of Monet is Class 10, NO MORE, I even think that in Gen X or Xfactor it was mentioned that she can raise a maximum of 10 tons, I do not remember exactly the number, but they did, and as I said in the official Marvel files they make it clear that it is only a class 10.

Monet has many powers, it is normal that most are of moderate or low level, she only has two high level powers, and they are flight and invulnerability.

super telepathy strength and improved senses are low level powers.

She is perfectly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats not what happened. She lied to him when she agreed to stay. She did so to protect the Morlocks and get him away from them. She thought she could take him on alone but he got the upperhand and merged with her against her will. The only fault she has is not telling anyone as she kept it hidden from all but Sabretooth. That can be attributed to Marius' influence as his hold grew stronger until he completely took over her
    Exactly, she has never been a rival to Marius, nor will she be if she is hungry, neither in GenX nor in UXM, Monet always loses against him. Against marius always win or make him flee attacking between several.

In fact of the X-Men those who have been able to alone against Marius are Chamber and Rogue, THE ONLY THAT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO USE THEIR POWERS WHEN MARIUS IS DRENING THEM.

I'm also aucerdo with you, MONET MUST NOT PAY FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED WHEN HE WAS MERGED WITH HIS BROTHER, Marius had full control of Monet's actions, and as I said it became more evident and undeniable in GenXvol2.

Monet was just a victim here.

The only thing that can be attributed to Monet, is to keep this from the rest of the team, but why did she do it ?????? the answer is not difficult, the influence of Marius made her keep the secret,

There were several ways to break the fusion, overload it with memories and emotions as they did in GENXvol2, a very powerful explosion attack would separate them too, or something faster as Rogue touches them weakens them and finishes the fusion.

If Monet kept silence, it was because of Marius' influence, it seems that M had control, the truth was not like that, she is not stupid, I do not think she ignored the easy ways that had to break that fusion.

The answer is simple, Marius from the beginning had a huge influence on Monet's actions.

We'd have to agree to disagree. Since you seem to be more emotional on the topic, and it could easily get heated. And that's not a sarcastic jab. But the race debate gets heated enough. So I don't wanna jump into another controversial topic.

On a hopeless note, I would like some of the stuff Bunn did to get addressed. Sad he lost Monet when we could've gotten an interesting story & development. But given the current X-Line, she's better off in limbo.

Guggenheim most likely won't do her justice.
    Rosenberg doesn't like her, and most likely doesn't want her
    Bunn has no plans for her, and even stated to not adding anymore Uncanny characters to Blue currently.
    Taylor has enough characters in Red
    Pak most likely isn't gonna use her, and given his track record with the cast, he wouldn't do her any justice either.

I keep hoping for Bunn to get her back one day. Maybe when Blue finally ends, he might. I was curious on her dealings with the HFC. And her rocky relationship with Mystique, whom Bunn confirmed she wasn't gonna get along with. I'd love to see that battle of words, if not a full-on fight. I'd kill to see Monet kicking Mystique's ass.

Monet could use more character insight in general. She stays with untapped potential. Really many characters are similar, since books aren't allowed to start slow & build anymore. It seems many readers have lost the patience to let a start start at zero & build up gradually. Which is what character development takes.
    Tbh I don't want bunn to ever touch monet because her current predicament is %100 his fault and the less female characters he writes the better. He's incapable of writing two female characters getting along, they always have to have a rocky relationship if not outright hatred for no reason. In uncanny mystique and psylocke had a deep hatred i guess you can justify it because of uncanny x-force but the weird tension between betsy and monet made absolutely no sense considering the last book their were in before uncanny they were teammates that got along quite well and even had their own subteam with rachel. In blue teen jean and bloodstorm had that weird tension because.....teenage girl rivalries over a boy i gues??

Tbh I don't want bunn to ever touch monet because her current predicament is %100 his fault and the less female characters he writes the better. He's incapable of writing two female characters getting along, they always have to have a rocky relationship if not outright hatred for no reason. In uncanny mystique and psylocke had a deep hatred i guess you can justify it because of uncanny x-force but the weird tension between betsy and monet made absolutely no sense considering the last book their were in before uncanny they were teammates that got along quite well and even had their own subteam with rachel. In blue teen jean and bloodstorm had that weird tension because.....teenage girl rivalries over a boy i gues??
    what current predicament? Not being used? Thats a result of Gen X being cancelled. Had editorial not pushed her over there, she'd likely be a dangling plot thread until Bunn wrapped her up in Blue. I loved her in Uncanny and Id love to see him get her again.

IDA on Jean and Bloodstorm in Blue. What rivalry? They dont even have many interactions and its primarily neutral. There hasnt been any fighting or animosity over Scott thus far