Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    That's fine. The important thing is that you recognize that sure, they goofed, but it's not the end of the world. It's actually a pretty understandable mistake.
    Disagree with the last part . . . careless / useless editing by people who don't know any of the source material would probably be the cause.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Disagree with the last part . . . careless / useless editing by people who don't know any of the source material would probably be the cause.
    I thought it was pretty much established that fans, who are processing this information for fun, have a greater knowledge of this stuff than most of the people who are making it for their job. That's been the case for a long time.

Astonishing Member

I don't mind that Hourman evolved into Batman on Earth 2. It's a very logical development when one thinks about it; Batman with a boost in speed, strength and endurance every other hour would only be helpful in crime fighting.

I am tired of the villain Superman and am past ready for Val Zod to step up.

Most importantly, I am past ready for, at least, glimpses of other revitalized golden age heroes: Wildcat, Doctor Midnight, Liberty Belle and etcetera.

I thought it was pretty much established that fans, who are processing this information for fun, have a greater knowledge of this stuff than most of the people who are making it for their job. That's been the case for a long time.
    But "Rex Tyler" / "Rex Mason" wasn't some obscure fact . . . a quick "google" by an intern would have given them the correct answer.

BANNED

But "Rex Tyler" / "Rex Mason" wasn't some obscure fact . . . a quick "google" by an intern would have given them the correct answer.
    Why do you think any of the 20 year old art student interns would know that it was wrong in order to fix the problem in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Why do you think any of the 20 year old art student interns would know that it was wrong in order to fix the problem in the first place?
    If the writer (or editor) asked "Hey, what was Hourman's secret identity again?", . . .

BANNED

You're assuming there was any doubt in their mind to justify verifying.

You're assuming there was any doubt in their mind to justify verifying.
    You're assuming they have minds?

BANNED

If the writer (or editor) asked "Hey, what was Hourman's secret identity again?", . . .
    That's yet another assumption.

BANNED

You're assuming they have minds?
    Yes. They are the sort of people who make the same sorts of mistakes you or I do every day.

Yes. They are the sort of people who make the same sorts of mistakes you or I do every day.
    Some days I think my mistake was buying into the New 52 and Earth 2.

BANNED

Some days I think my mistake was buying into the New 52 and Earth 2.
    I'm sorry it's not your cup of tea. Hopefully as time goes by the audience will shift its tastes to something more in line with yours and DC can start putting out the kinds of books you prefer again.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    And once again batman ruins something for me. I can't stand him.
    We still don't know E2 Batman's fate any more than we did Superman's, right? If he makes a comeback, what will his old man do? Become the new Wildcat? Because I don't think he'd make a good Hourman.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 06-02-2014 at 11:59 AM.