Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    The notion that X-fans would be so adverse to change is baffling to me.
    So then you must also love when your friends or significant other changes for the worst? Do you thirst for them to transform into someone/something totally different than who they were when you first met them? Changes in life happen. But that doesnt mean I cant hate and reject them. In my brain, it is guaranteed "impossible" for me to have "too much of a good thing". And the 90s X-Men was a great thing. If Marvel pumped out new comics featuring the 90s X-Men regularly, I could promise ANYONE that I could not tire of them until either Marvel changed them too much or my body stopped breathing. I simply do not get bored with interests I love the same way other people do. I can ONLY lose interest in "it" when "it" changes too much first.

Look, I am NOT saying that the X-Men need to go back to the 90s in the main books. I understand that, for some reason I can not fathom, many of you crave the dark, hopeless, colorless, chaotic, unspectacular, defeated X-Men of today and I wouldn't dare take that away. All I am asking for is ONE measily ongoing title where I can see the continuing all new adventures of the real X-Men before Marvel disgraced and dragged them thru the mud. I was extremely hopeful that "X-Men '92" was going to become the ongoing book I have been craving for 15 years now when I signed up here and decided to give Marvel yet another chance. But somehow, Marvel even managed to screw that hope all to Hell. If they refuse to offer the X-Men that I need then I refuse to give them any more of my money. Its gotta be that simple.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    So then you must also love when your friends or significant other changes for the worst? Do you thirst for them to transform into someone/something totally different than who they were when you first met them? Changes in life happen. But that doesnt mean I cant hate and reject them. In my brain, it is guaranteed "impossible" for me to have "too much of a good thing". And the 90s X-Men was a great thing. If Marvel pumped out new comics featuring the 90s X-Men regularly, I could promise ANYONE that I could not tire of them until either Marvel changed them too much or my body stopped breathing. I simply do not get bored with interests I love the same way other people do. I can ONLY lose interest in "it" when "it" changes too much first.

Look, I am NOT saying that the X-Men need to go back to the 90s in the main books. I understand that, for some reason I can not fathom, many of you crave the dark, hopeless, colorless, chaotic, unspectacular, defeated X-Men of today and I wouldn't dare take that away. All I am asking for is ONE measily ongoing title where I can see the continuing all new adventures of the real X-Men before Marvel disgraced and dragged them thru the mud. I was extremely hopeful that "X-Men '92" was going to become the ongoing book I have been craving for 15 years now when I signed up here and decided to give Marvel yet another chance. But somehow, Marvel even managed to screw that hope all to Hell. If they refuse to offer the X-Men that I need then I refuse to give them any more of my money. Its gotta be that simple.
    If that's the argument then the "REAL" X-men died after the Outback to me.
    Everyone has their "real" X-men. But things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    If that's the argument then the "REAL" X-men died after the Outback to me.
    Everyone has their "real" X-men. But things change.
    Thats why the idea of SECRET WARS was so appealing to me. They offered versions that nearly everyone could connect with. Thats what they need to do, instead of focusing on one particular storyline, make an on-going book featuring the teams people love most from those particular storylines but be all new stories. "X-Men '92" had the right idea but it still had a lot of room for improvement and growth that simply could not occur within 4 measily physical print issues.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

I think about it very similar but for me changes aren't bad in general it is only so that there a good changes and there are bad changes.
    When the bad changes accumulate to a certain point and the only thing I can do is spilling poison I quit with reading. I done this a few times.(like now)

I also hoped through SW some really ugly stuff would be eliminated from the Mu history but not a chance . I'm nut sure if this is the right word but Marvel started to publish pulp-fiction comics instead of superhero comic since awhile. DC is a bit better but not by much. I tried really to go into DC stuff but it really felt disconnected. It is what I said a few times earlier readers sympathize with the position and ideals of heroes so they became attached to them, so it is kinda hard to find a likeable hero when things in DC are so: [WTF is going on here I thought I know a few DC heroes...]

About Psylocke I liked her old costume but like the storys Marvel attempts to sell comics with muscles and curves changed. I think mostly when X-Men movie came out and Marvel tried to say: Well superhero costumes are out.

I think the only reasonable action is the support of the comics by not buying it , so far I can tell I know a few guys who want to stop after SW because Marvel made it asy for them and they fell more and more disconnected from the content Marvel throws on the market. I don't know if those will make any difference.

Once again, you strike the nail on its head. Picked up X-Men '92 #3 today but it was bittersweet. Flipping through its pages and seeing the color and classic personas I was depressed instead of happy because I know it will end soon. It's Marvel just teasing us fans, not taking a portion of us seriously at all.

I miss the X-Men jumping aboard the Blackbird and flying off to thwart some super villain with Logan cracking jokes behind Cyclops' back. Rogue flirting with Remy and Beast with his classic nerd quips. I miss the respect the team had for their leader, Xavier and how they looked up to him.

I open an X-comic now and have no clue which way is up or down, who is alive and where they are and who the heck is this person wtf is going on why is everyone so different? Everything is a shade of grey these days.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Once again, you strike the nail on its head. Picked up X-Men '92 #3 today but it was bittersweet. Flipping through its pages and seeing the color and classic personas I was depressed instead of happy because I know it will end soon. It's Marvel just teasing us fans, not taking a portion of us seriously at all.

I miss the X-Men jumping aboard the Blackbird and flying off to thwart some super villain with Logan cracking jokes behind Cyclops' back. Rogue flirting with Remy and Beast with his classic nerd quips. I miss the respect the team had for their leader, Xavier and how they looked up to him.

I open an X-comic now and have no clue which way is up or down, who is alive and where they are and who the heck is this person wtf is going on why is everyone so different? Everything is a shade of grey these days.
    Though you might not like the next installment.... The writer is very close to taking the parody too far... Hopefully he pulls it back in part 8. (I'm reading digital as I don't have access to a comic book store)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Though you might not like the next installment.... The writer is very close to taking the parody too far... Hopefully he pulls it back in part 8. (I'm reading digital as I don't have access to a comic book store)
    By the next installment do you mean what happens after the events of the third traditional format comic? I just finished the third this evening...what chapter is that in the digital?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    it's so unfortunate that something like movie rights could destroy such a popular franchise
    But it didn't "destroy" anything. X-men books before Secret Wars outsold Avengers ones, and Days of Future Past made more money outside the US than GotG.

The notion that X-fans would be so adverse to change is baffling to me.
    They aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Yep, I totally understand that. I cant get #3 until this Saturday but I know it will be more upsetting than anything knowing that it was yet one more opportunity for Marvel to give us the team we want but instead just choosing to flush it all down the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Well as far as "X-Men '92" goes, I fully agree that it is far from perfect and it is not the "dream" 90s X-book I have always wanted. But I still feel that it would not be hard at all to bring the book back on track if only Marvel would have been willing to offer an ongoing 90s X-book to those who want no part of "All-New, All-Different" Marvel. I became hooked on Marvel for specific reasons which means I mustve liked things how they were, NOT because I wanted to see them change and destroy everything that made me a fan of their characters in the first place.

I do not want nor have ever wanted "All-New" and "All-Different". If I did, then I would seek out some "all-new, all different" comic book publishers who are clearly not Marvel. But last time I checked, I can not read about the X-Men I love via DC Comics, Image, IDW or Dark Horse. I can only get them from Marvel, and tragically they are too damn busy wasting time trying to be politically correct and foolishly believing that they can somehow make things better by completely destroying them rather than rewarding their readers by actually giving them what they want.
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 08-27-2015 at 10:39 PM.

So you're basically Kitty when Storm cut her hair ?
    First of all, X-men is a book, not "friends". If you want to read the same stories with the same characters, you can read the old stories again, you'll find exactly the same things.
    Regarding the "bleak" tone... as far as I can remember, things have been bleak in X-men, apart from the colorful costumes. Actually, the best the mutants have had it is during Morrison's run. And they'v always been edgy, it's kinda the point. They've always tackled (is that the word ?) current and important social problems, be it race, sexuality, exclusion, poverty (not enough in my opinion).
    I personnally am on the same mind as Claremont where I think characters should be allowed to grow and grow out of the story (which all the 80s generation chars should have done by now) and introduce new ones. Otherwise the franchise grows stale, and whether you like it or not, "stale" is not "cool", and certainly not the point of X-men. Go read Avengers for stale, always the same colorful heroics (and fortunately, Avengers have caught on today).

As for the state of the X-books now : the two main books are full to the brim with characters from the 80/90. Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Iceman, Jean, Psylocke, Sabertooth, Archangel, M, plus the O5 for another wiff of stale gimmicky nostalgia. You should be really happy.

So you're basically Kitty when Storm cut her hair ?
    First of all, X-men is a book, not "friends". If you want to read the same stories with the same characters, you can read the old stories again, you'll find exactly the same things.
    Regarding the "bleak" tone... as far as I can remember, things have been bleak in X-men, apart from the colorful costumes. Actually, the best the mutants have had it is during Morrison's run. And they'v always been edgy, it's kinda the point. They've always tackled (is that the word ?) current and important social problems, be it race, sexuality, exclusion, poverty (not enough in my opinion).
    I personnally am on the same mind as Claremont where I think characters should be allowed to grow and grow out of the story (which all the 80s generation chars should have done by now) and introduce new ones. Otherwise the franchise grows stale, and whether you like it or not, "stale" is not "cool", and certainly not the point of X-men. Go read Avengers for stale, always the same colorful heroics (and fortunately, Avengers have caught on today).

As for the state of the X-books now : the two main books are full to the brim with characters from the 80/90. Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Iceman, Jean, Psylocke, Sabertooth, Archangel, M, plus the O5 for another wiff of stale gimmicky nostalgia. You should be really happy.
    Well, we are back at the ''mutants are being wiped out and are almost extinct again'' stage, so much for change................................

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, we are back at the ''mutants are being wiped out and are almost extinct again'' stage, so much for change................................
    I'm certainly not disagreeing with you there. Very little interest in Extraordinary, even though I love the characters.