Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Default X+X: Missed Opportunities Between Teammates

Which Two X-men, when you roll it around in your brain, actually would be amazing to read about, but it's just never happened on page? Team Members that either compliment one another, provide an interesting dynamic, appeal to one another's most guarded nature, or would make a cute couple. Who would you like to see Maybe have it out over a long standing issue in which both could provide point/ counter point? Share.

Rachel and Magik. Their mindsets are probably similar but they would def butt heads, plus the Kitty tension of it all.

ok, I'll start:

Chamber+Magick

One is The Majestrix of an interdimensional realm. One is the gateway to violent interdimensional telepathic energy. If Emma were running the X-men, she would have already assigned these two together for synergistic growth exercises a long time ago. Plus they kind of compliment one another aesthetically. Illyana would of probs be irked with Jono's whininess and glum, but i could see them getting along as comrades. I've always felt like the key to Chamber's powers, his happiness, would be his ability to just flow. To be a conduit for all of the strange alien energies rushing to escape free and consume him. If he were either able to access their source or access a kind of mental state to shape and form them instead of suppressing them, then he could reach access a higher power. Magick could help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Rachel and Magik. Their mindsets are probably similar but they would def butt heads, plus the Kitty tension of it all.
    Rachel and Magick have never shared a story? weird. I TOTALLY don't think of them having similar mindsets. both are headstrong, but that's where the similarities end. It's like 2 different versions of le enfant terrible. One baby won't stop shrieking because there's something wrong with it, the other won't stop shrieking because it annoys you miserably.

The head butting would be delicious however. with or without Kitty. For Rachel it would be like hanging out with someone you kinda knew from high school, years later, that never matured, and wants to go get wasted on a Tuesday night at a metal show in a sketch neighborhood. For Illyana, it would be like hanging out with your best friend's friend from childhood who keeps trying to wax nostalgic with your bestie, pulls out old notes and pictures, tries to engage you vaguely in their inside jokes, and whose brusque terratorial demonstrations inspire some really obnoxious behaviour from you.

Lorna and Rachel.

They were on the same team in space together for over a half decade and they developed no real on panel relationship in that time. Given their unique worldviews and both going through a genocide and both being used by others as a puppet for their ends and the fact Lorna and Jean were very long time friends they would have had alot to talk about if the writers actually focused at all on developing things between them.

Storm and Namor

Very birdxfish forbidden lovers for me.

Passionate fights passionate hate sex. Storm gains political sway again and hates herself more than a little.

Edit: Oh and probably a crazy war. Sorry bout it BP
    Last edited by Baby_Hater666; 07-24-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Mystique and Domino

Warbird and frenzy
    banshee and dazzler
    sage and forge
    lifeguard and colossus
    gambit and longshot
    marrow and x-23
    hollow and face
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Domino and Rachel. I'm not saying they've NEVER shared a page or issue but given their close ties to Cable....I just think it would be an interesting read.

Also I know Nightcrawler and Psylocke were on a team together for a little while, but I just felt their pairing could have been so much more than it was.

Ultimate Member

Definitely Rachel and Ilyanna. Both have been friends with Kitty, and then kind of abandoned by her as she went off to do her own thing. Both have super-tragic backstories involving other worlds / times, and a smattering of time-travel / time-manipulation, making them ideally suited for some pretty far out adventures together.

Gambit and Longshot, mentioned above by darkgreed, would also be an interesting team up. Longshot's naïve innocence, matched with Gambit's bad-buy worldliness, could be a fun mix, since they are so similar (with their acrobatic fighting styles) in one respect, and so utterly different in personality. Either of the two and Nightcrawler, or even Nightcrawler and Shatterstar, could be a similar match-up, all super-agile and fluid and swashbuckling swordsmanship, and yet very different and distinct characterizations.

Sage and Forge might also be a neat pairing (or even a romantic couple!), or Bishop and Cable, or various others who seem quite similar, thematically, but are quite different under the hood, such as the 'force field ladies' (Unuscione, Cecelia Reyes, Skids, Armor/Hisako).

Totally crossing streams and having Scott and Lorna on a team, or Alex and Emma on a team, could be funky, just to have the 'couples' outside of their comfort zones. Scott and Lorna on a team together (with no romantic hints needed whatsoever!), in particular, seems like a recipe for drama, since Alex seems to have trouble letting Lorna go (or trusting her to stand on her own), as well as an entire spinner rack of issues regarding his brother...

Storm and Colossus strike me as having some interesting similarities, both coming to the X-Men with a sort of innocence and purity of spirit that has been tested and challenged, shaping them into something quite different. While I'm not sure I see them as a couple, they'd make an interesting pair for an extended crimefighting duo/team-up. Ororo would very much 'wear the pants' in that family, but Piotr also has a core of iron under all the gentle artist trappings, and can un-ironically say something like, "I am made of rage!" while snapping a fool's neck.

Did Iceman and Firestar ever hook up? Or were they just amazing friends?
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Carol Danvers and Mystique, if we're gonna keep putting her on teams, I'd like to see her settle things with the Ex-Men member she was originally suppose to be a villain for.

What about Nightcrawler and Rogue? They are technically siblings through Mystique, but I don't think anything has been done with this.

With Nightcrawler's charming, humourous swashbuckler attitude and Rogue's sassy fun loving outlook there could be some sweet and charming interactions there.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Carol Danvers and Mystique, if we're gonna keep putting her on teams, I'd like to see her settle things with the Ex-Men member she was originally suppose to be a villain for.
    "Oh hey Carol! Listen, I know with the whole 'disguise myself as you and then hack your boyfriend to pieces with a meat cleaver' and that 'train up a Rogue to be able to destroy you and thus cause you to loose your memories of your past, leaving you without family, friends or roots' might have made things a bit tense between us, but why don't we just hug it out now that I'm on a hero team now?"

*defenstration*

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Did Iceman and Firestar ever hook up? Or were they just amazing friends?
    Never happened (though I wonder if it would've had Aaron stayed on Amazing) and now never gonna.