Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    She DOES have a much stronger healing factor due to the much smaller quantity of adamantium in her body. I think in one of the other what-ifs (Wolverine Kills the Marvel Universe) he was one-armed for a while. Not sure if it grew back or not.
    It did grow back, no metal though obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    His healing factor has fluctuated over the years. Back in the Claremont days, it would have been possible to bleed out and die, but then we have also seen him regenerate after being nuked down to an adamantium skeleton.

As for 1) he has to be able to access energy(to convert to mass) from some outside source, because we have never had a limitation of him having to eat to regenerate vast amounts of lost tissues.

2)Drowning should work(classically), but then you have shit like the movies that say different.

3)Classically, he could not regenerate severed limbs, hence the reason his unbreakable skeleton was such a great deal. In the Ultimate universe he was ripped in half and his torso thrown far away from his lower body. He was able to track down his lower body by scent and crawl his way to reattach himself(but it seems he would not have been able to regenerate a whole new lower body).
    This is probably the best answer. It all depends on what the writer wants to do with him. In Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk he was having a conversation with Nick Fury as a decapitated head and his body was in another room.

You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Afaik that's because the metal cap prevents it from growing back. X-23 lost her entire arm during X-Force and it DID grow back.
    I believe the reason for that was because Laura doesn't have adamantium fused to her skeletal structure and instead it's just her claws. If I'm remembering correctly, they had to take her claws from her severed arm and replace her re growing bone claws with them after her arm regenerated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I believe the reason for that was because Laura doesn't have adamantium fused to her skeletal structure and instead it's just her claws. If I'm remembering correctly, they had to take her claws from her severed arm and replace her re growing bone claws with them after her arm regenerated.
    That's correct (loved the scene of Dr. Nemesis snarking about the "amateur job" removing them from her severed arm). And I'm sure Logan's arm would grow back sans adamantium under the same circumstances, since the adamantium doesn't actually cap the bones.

I do still wonder why Laura didn't just reattach her arm in that scene, considering she's done it before.

BANNED

That's correct (loved the scene of Dr. Nemesis snarking about the "amateur job" removing them from her severed arm). And I'm sure Logan's arm would grow back sans adamantium under the same circumstances, since the adamantium doesn't actually cap the bones.

I do still wonder why Laura didn't just reattach her arm in that scene, considering she's done it before.
    Maybe she got bored of that arm, and wanted an all new arm?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Maybe she got bored of that arm, and wanted an all new arm?
    The only thing I can figure is maybe it was detached for too long. Unfortunately they never said in the book.

The only thing I can figure is maybe it was detached for too long. Unfortunately they never said in the book.
    Wolverine12 already answered it. The writers of the two stories wanted to do different things.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unglaublich!

The Xavier Protocols in Excalibur 100 (remember them?) stated explicitly that removing Wolverine's head and keeping it out of reach of his body would kill him.

In the same vein, I seem to remember a one-shot with Sabretooth and Wild Child where Creed was all but decapitated and he later stated that because there was still tissue connecting his head to his body, he was able to heal.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Ever since they had him regenerate from a drop of blood and latter regenerate from just a scoarched skeleton there are absolultly no rules on what Wolverine can survive. That is the main thing that has made the character a joke for the last 10 years. Bad writing on top of bad writing turned him into an imortal plot device.

Spectacular Member

To me there is nothing with Wolverine regenerating from Blood or whatever silly state.To me the issue with that is that he can do it in matter of seconds or minutes. If healing process is slower Wolverine could be removed stories.If wolverine has to be careful because taking on to much damage means he is out of fight then it does matter how powerful his healing is in stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Ever since they had him regenerate from a drop of blood and latter regenerate from just a scoarched skeleton there are absolultly no rules on what Wolverine can survive. That is the main thing that has made the character a joke for the last 10 years. Bad writing on top of bad writing turned him into an imortal plot device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    To me there is nothing with Wolverine regenerating from Blood or whatever silly state.To me the issue with that is that he can do it in matter of seconds or minutes. If healing process is slower Wolverine could be removed stories.If wolverine has to be careful because taking on to much damage means he is out of fight then it does matter how powerful his healing is in stories.
    In my view, you are both dead on. It really did use to be a healing factor, he healed only and AoA was proof of this. Just look at recent 'Age of Ultron' story, in that we had Wolverine killing himself by cutting off his head. If Wolverine can survive being both but a skeleton or from drop of blood then cutting off his head won't do anything. Even the time is all but lost, a cut for us takes days to heal but for him seconds, yet for him, a chuck of flesh removes from his body is also seconds.... infact is everything just seconds for him?

They need consistancy. They need to establish that Wolverine is human in his healing but at crazy levels. Wolverine's body should work on the same basic rules. Stab him and he'll heal the wound, remove a vital organ perfectly without it being able to grow back and he's dead.

I recall that Ultimate Wolverine survived being beheaded, and that he started breathing out of his skin. Nick Fury thought his real power was survival. This was in Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk. In this book, he was also ripped in half, and managed to re-attach his lower half. And fall out of a plane at cruising altitude.

Of course, being completely incinerated was enough to take him out.

For 616 Wolverine, I'm wondering if he ever survived starvation. Like drowning, that's not something that you can just heal from. You need to eat. Have they ever addressed that in a 616 book?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

If the plot says he lives, he lives.

He's regenerated after being stripped clean to the bones, after all.

His healing factor stopped making any sort of scientific logical sense decades ago.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I recall that Ultimate Wolverine survived being beheaded, and that he started breathing out of his skin. Nick Fury thought his real power was survival. This was in Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk. In this book, he was also ripped in half, and managed to re-attach his lower half. And fall out of a plane at cruising altitude.

Of course, being completely incinerated was enough to take him out.

For 616 Wolverine, I'm wondering if he ever survived starvation. Like drowning, that's not something that you can just heal from. You need to eat. Have they ever addressed that in a 616 book?
    Well I don't remember anything like that being touched upon with 616 Wolverine but this does remind me of the Ultimate comics where Wolverine explained how he had been trapped alone somehow (under snow avalanche or something?) and with no food he survived by eating parts of his own flesh which his healing factor then grew back and he did until he was rescued. Of course if you think about this even for a second it makes no sense what so ever but it's comics so...