Default Gotham by Midnight Annual #1

GOTHAM BY MIDNIGHT ANNUAL #1
    Get set for a tale of love and vengeance in this centuries-old mystery for the Midnight Shift – and the Gentlemen Ghost!
    Art by: Christian Duce Fernandez
    Cover by: Juan Ferreyra
    Written by: Ray Fawkes
    U.S. Price: $ 4.99
    On Sale Date: Jul 29 2015
    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/gotha...night-annual-1

Anybody else looking forward to this?

BANNED

Here! Here! Any month with a double dose of Gotham by Midnight is a good month by default. Looking at this cover, I hope Detective Drake and her *ahem* unconventional attire will be front-and-center in this annual.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Yep I'm looking forward to this one. Any month where I can get a double dose of a book I'm enjoying is an excellent one in my book.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 07-24-2015 at 07:49 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I was hoping the Gentlemen Ghost would show up

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Yep. Is this Gentlemen Ghost's first, uhh, Prime Earth/Earth-0 appearance? I hope they make him like that ghost groper from Alan Moore's Top 10...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    Yep. Is this Gentlemen Ghost's first, uhh, Prime Earth/Earth-0 appearance? I hope they make him like that ghost groper from Alan Moore's Top 10...
    Gentleman Ghost was in #7 of the Savage Hawkman in the New 52. Also guest starring Static Shock.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Fantastic Member

Preview is now up.

Definitely a change of pace when it comes to the art as Christian Duce is on art duties for the Annual.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak View Post
    As said, he was in Hawkman. This also probably builds off his short appearance in Batman Eternal, where he was in, I think, one issue. I'm glad they aren't throwing away this version- for better and worse, I do like when different incarnations of characters are quite different.

I usually avoid annuals as a lot of time they are "throw away" stories, but did enjoy this one. Art fit the book good.

Loved the new origin of the Ghost, gave him a tragic feel not an out right villainous one which fits him nicely I think. Hopefully we see more of him in the DCU, I for one wouldn't mind it if he got a mini.

Sweet the Gentlemen Ghost (for the first time in the main DC universe), I'll be certainly picking this one up.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Sweet the Gentlemen Ghost (for the first time in the main DC universe), I'll be certainly picking this one up.
    Well he was in Hawkman but this was a far better showing