Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default Thompson, Bradshaw's All-Ages "Spidey" Series Sends Peter Parker Back to School

Robbie Thompson and Nick Bradshaw's new in-continuity "Spidey" series will focus on teenage Peter Parker during his high school career.

Full article here.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Well, there goes my wallet.

Incredible Member

Think I will pass on Amazing and pick this up instead. It looks like they got a pretty good team for this.

if this is an all ages product, then it should be $2.99.

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    It should be, and take Bradshaw off art, and i will buy it.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Spectacular Member

Will "Untold Tales of Spider-Man" still be in continuity as well?

Also, when do the authors think Peter turned 16? He first met the Sinister Six (one their planned villains) after ASM Vol 1 #16, and graduated from high school in #28.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Why? A comic is a comic. 4 dollars is the going rate for comics.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Comics I can actually give to kids? Be still my heart.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Why? A comic is a comic. 4 dollars is the going rate for comics.
    It's meant to be all-ages, and it would be preferable if it's affordable for kids with their pocket money, or for the pester power appeal. I'd love to be able to see a new generation growing up with a teenage Spider-Man.

However, I question how relevant this is. We'll have a Miles book, and we've had the incredible and recent Ultimate Spider-Man run showing Peter's younger years from Bendis. I don't see any need to revisit his younger years. Learning to Crawl was a fun diversion for me, but it never felt like there was any urgency. Nothing major could happen, because it has to fit in neatly into continuity. So no character's dying or changing. I expect to see more of the same.

One wonders why this is a consideration for the NuMarvel? Peter is retired and working on his company, whereas Miles is Spider-Man, so is there some necessity in going back to first principles regarding where a Spider-Man came from? Will they do this with all the classic heroes again? I have a fascination for this sort of revisiting of the first beginnings. In fact, one of my hopes was NuMarvel would be a restart of the MU at year one again, because you could do so much more with decompression for those done in one issues way back when the MU first started. If that's what this is, and they do it with more classic heroes this will be very interesting.

You still wonder why do it if there are NuMarvel stories still being set in the Now, though? You would have:

NuMarvel
    Year One restarts
    Maybe Battleworld still hanging around

I just wonder what mix of circumstances is set up where these 3 stories still have to coexist together?

And yeah, the sexy psycho White Rabbit. I'm disappointed that everything important to what it is to be Spidey is skimmed over so briefly, and we go straight into bank robberies, and getting punched in the face by a girl. I know what that's like.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-25-2015 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    One wonders why this is a consideration for the NuMarvel? Peter is retired and working on his company, whereas Miles is Spider-Man, so is there some necessity in going back to first principles regarding where a Spider-Man came from? Will they do this with all the classic heroes again? I have a fascination for this sort of revisiting of the first beginnings. In fact, one of my hopes was NuMarvel would be a restart of the MU at year one again, because you could do so much more with decompression for those done in one issues way back when the MU first started. If that's what this is, and they do it with more classic heroes this will be very interesting.

You still wonder why do it if there are NuMarvel stories still being set in the Now, though? You would have:

NuMarvel
    Year One restarts
    Maybe Battleworld still hanging around

I just wonder what mix of circumstances is set up where these 3 stories still have to coexist together?

And yeah, the sexy psycho White Rabbit. I'm disappointed that everything important to what it is to be Spidey is skimmed over so briefly, and we go straight into bank robberies, and getting punched in the face by a girl. I know what that's like.
    One likely factor for going back to first principles is the upcoming film appearances. The Peter of the main comics is in a different place, literally, chronologically and metaphorically than the MCU Peter.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

What's next? Bring teen Peter into the present like they did with the original x men?

There are actually some really good ideas in this thread.

I always felt, if you are going to do Spider-Man in High school, it is great to have Peter Parker, but drop all of the supporting cast. No Gwen, No Mary Jane, no Flash. Doing a transplant Peter Parker from the past and putting him in High School would be one way to do that. But new stories with Peter is great, all of the supporting cast, we know their stories, introduce new characters to tell new stories of what happened to them. That might compel more people to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    One likely factor for going back to first principles is the upcoming film appearances. The Peter of the main comics is in a different place, literally, chronologically and metaphorically.
    It could be a consideration. It might simply just be Marvel Adventures again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    It could be a consideration. It might simply just be Marvel Adventures again.
    It is Marvel Adventures all over again.