Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think I'm like 100% on-board with this now. Sounds like it could really be something special.

And OMG, Bradshaw's a really nice fit for Spider-Man! ^^

This should be out of continuity. Free up the writers to do whatever they want.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    It's meant to be all-ages, and it would be preferable if it's affordable for kids with their pocket money, or for the pester power appeal. I'd love to be able to see a new generation growing up with a teenage Spider-Man.
    As i recall, the very similar Untold Tales of Spider-Man was priced at .99 in order to make it more appealing to kids. It didn't help. I think Marvel is right to price books at whatever the going rate is. Making them cheaper never seems to actually drive up sales. At least not enough to make up for the lost revenue with a lower price.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    LOL Marvel just couldn't resist bringing Peter back to High School. lol
    They did in the '90s, too, with Untold Tales and it seemed to work out just fine without affecting the main Spidey titles.

Quote Originally Posted by servo View Post
    Will "Untold Tales of Spider-Man" still be in continuity as well?

Also, when do the authors think Peter turned 16? He first met the Sinister Six (one their planned villains) after ASM Vol 1 #16, and graduated from high school in #28.
    Aloha,
    Don't forget the Sinister six first appeared in the first Spider-Man Annual #1. Daredevil was in #16
    Spidey rules

It looks like this book will be in a similar vein as Untold Tales, in that it's focusing on Peter's earlier years of Spider-Man, but in a different way...in that it's not so much filling in gaps as just using it as a setting for good, fun, one-in-done stories without worrying too much about continuity or where they fit into the Lee Ditko era. Thus, we can have classic Spidey villains turning up for stories or later additions to the Rogues Gallery like White Rabbit show up.

Speaking of, happy to see we'll be getting some more White Rabbit .

I had a good chuckle at Bradshaw mention "yet we all think it was forever" when it comes to Peter's high school years. That certainly seems to be Marvel's general perspective on Pete .

I've been liking what I've read from Thompson with Silk, and while Bradshaw isn't one of my favorite artists his work in the previews looks pretty good so that's a good creative team to start this off .

I wonder if we'll be sticking with the Lee and Ditko era high school supporting cast and Bugle members or if we'll see cameos from later characters like Harry, Gwen, MJ, and Black Cat?
    Last edited by Frontier; 07-24-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I have no idea what to make of Thompson, but the premise is perfect. Teenage Spider-Man! And this time, no one had to sell their soul to evoke this status quo!

Bradshaw is a fantastic artist and I can't wait. Whoever fills in should be pretty good, too.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks like this book will be in a similar vein as Untold Tales, in that it's focusing on Peter's earlier years of Spider-Man, but in a different way...in that it's not so much filling in gaps as just using it as a setting for good, fun, one-in-done stories without worrying too much about continuity or where they fit into the Lee Ditko era. Thus, we can have classic Spidey villains turning up for stories or later additions to the Rogues Gallery like White Rabbit show up.

Speaking of, happy to see we'll be getting some more White Rabbit .

I had a good chuckle at Bradshaw mention "yet we all think it was forever" when it comes to Peter's high school years. That certainly seems to be Marvel's general perspective on Pete .

I've been liking what I've read from Thompson with Silk, and while Bradshaw isn't one of my favorite artists his work in the previews looks pretty good so that's a good creative team to start this off .

I wonder if we'll be sticking with the Lee and Ditko era high school supporting cast and Bugle members or if we'll see cameos from later characters like Harry, Gwen, MJ, and Black Cat?
    It's very limiting and pointless in my opinion. Doc Ock? Oy vey. 28 issues doesn't leave a lot of villains. I don't see too many future cillians show up we have seen spider fort meet many so they can't do much unless they create new villlians that, never show up again
    X-Men Forever

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    This should be out of continuity. Free up the writers to do whatever they want.
    Co-signed.

One wonders why this is a consideration for the NuMarvel? Peter is retired and working on his company, whereas Miles is Spider-Man, so is there some necessity in going back to first principles regarding where a Spider-Man came from? Will they do this with all the classic heroes again? I have a fascination for this sort of revisiting of the first beginnings. In fact, one of my hopes was NuMarvel would be a restart of the MU at year one again, because you could do so much more with decompression for those done in one issues way back when the MU first started. If that's what this is, and they do it with more classic heroes this will be very interesting.

You still wonder why do it if there are NuMarvel stories still being set in the Now, though? You would have:

NuMarvel
    Year One restarts
    Maybe Battleworld still hanging around

I just wonder what mix of circumstances is set up where these 3 stories still have to coexist together?

And yeah, the sexy psycho White Rabbit. I'm disappointed that everything important to what it is to be Spidey is skimmed over so briefly, and we go straight into bank robberies, and getting punched in the face by a girl. I know what that's like.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-25-2015 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    One wonders why this is a consideration for the NuMarvel? Peter is retired and working on his company, whereas Miles is Spider-Man, so is there some necessity in going back to first principles regarding where a Spider-Man came from? Will they do this with all the classic heroes again? I have a fascination for this sort of revisiting of the first beginnings. In fact, one of my hopes was NuMarvel would be a restart of the MU at year one again, because you could do so much more with decompression for those done in one issues way back when the MU first started. If that's what this is, and they do it with more classic heroes this will be very interesting.

You still wonder why do it if there are NuMarvel stories still being set in the Now, though? You would have:

NuMarvel
    Year One restarts
    Maybe Battleworld still hanging around

I just wonder what mix of circumstances is set up where these 3 stories still have to coexist together?

And yeah, the sexy psycho White Rabbit. I'm disappointed that everything important to what it is to be Spidey is skimmed over so briefly, and we go straight into bank robberies, and getting punched in the face by a girl. I know what that's like.
    One likely factor for going back to first principles is the upcoming film appearances. The Peter of the main comics is in a different place, literally, chronologically and metaphorically than the MCU Peter.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

What's next? Bring teen Peter into the present like they did with the original x men?

There are actually some really good ideas in this thread.

I always felt, if you are going to do Spider-Man in High school, it is great to have Peter Parker, but drop all of the supporting cast. No Gwen, No Mary Jane, no Flash. Doing a transplant Peter Parker from the past and putting him in High School would be one way to do that. But new stories with Peter is great, all of the supporting cast, we know their stories, introduce new characters to tell new stories of what happened to them. That might compel more people to read it.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Artistic error, the costume has wrong spider-insignia.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    Comics I can actually give to kids? Be still my heart.
    Marvel has presented an all ages Spider-Man before in Marvel Adventures before they cancelled it. The new series will not be any different than previous volumes. If the original teenage X-Men are featured as Peter's Classmates in their normal guise without bringing attention to their costumed code names, then it would be a good step in the right direction.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-25-2015 at 12:17 PM.