Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Greg Weisman stated it on his Ask Greg website. She was said to be around 90 years old, worked with the JSA, and once used the Diana Prince identity but didn't in the modern day.

About the WWII stuff in the movie: it would work if for no other reason than being a logical situation to utilize Ares. The scene with Wonder Woman standing with WWII soldiers could also be part of a "Wonder Woman through the ages" flashback sequence while the main plot takes place in the present for all we know.
    ohhhhhh noooooo! hate CN. I would love to see more of that

WWII only is good to see wonder woman punching nazists. cap america served to establish origins of shield and hydra. i just don't see the need for wonder woman first movie to be on WWII, it would be boring as hell.we already saw that

Fantastic Member

I think going back to WW2 for her solo movie debut is a mistake. Doing so means that any supporting cast member introduced in the movie will be a hundred years old or dead in any present day sequel or Justice League movie, and therefore unusable.

Captain America did that because Cap has a very specific origin where he was created as a war-winning super soldier and living propaganda. The whole point of his character is that he was frozen and thawed out decades later in a world that he doesn't recognize. He's alone, and he's out of place and out of time. Peggy Carter, Bucky, and all his wartime battle buddies are gone.

MCU Cap had the Avengers to lean back on in subsequent movies. And despite how crowded his sequel was, it still barely found room to fit in his long time love interest Sharon Carter.

Obviously, Chris Pine's Steve Trevor will be a much bigger role than MCU Sharon Carter. But what's the point of introducing him in the Wonder Woman movie if he won't be around for the sequels?

Wonder Woman had much more involvement in WW2 than Superman and Batman, but she's not so specifically tied to it that she can't be updated to a more modern portrayal. That's exactly what the comics have done since the Silver Age.

I think this move unnecessarily hampers the character and keeps her from being as relatable to young modern audiences. It will minimize the presence of her movie's supporting cast in the present day DCCU.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimRaynor55 View Post
    I think going back to WW2 for her solo movie debut is a mistake. Doing so means that any supporting cast member introduced in the movie will be a hundred years old or dead in any present day sequel or Justice League movie, and therefore unusable.

Captain America did that because Cap has a very specific origin where he was created as a war-winning super soldier and living propaganda. The whole point of his character is that he was frozen and thawed out decades later in a world that he doesn't recognize. He's alone, and he's out of place and out of time. Peggy Carter, Bucky, and all his wartime battle buddies are gone.

MCU Cap had the Avengers to lean back on in subsequent movies. And despite how crowded his sequel was, it still barely found room to fit in his long time love interest Sharon Carter.

Obviously, Chris Pine's Steve Trevor will be a much bigger role than MCU Sharon Carter. But what's the point of introducing him in the Wonder Woman movie if he won't be around for the sequels?

Wonder Woman had much more involvement in WW2 than Superman and Batman, but she's not so specifically tied to it that she can't be updated to a more modern portrayal. That's exactly what the comics have done since the Silver Age.

I think this move unnecessarily hampers the character and keeps her from being as relatable to young modern audiences. It will minimize the presence of her movie's supporting cast in the present day DCCU.

That's assuming that they couldn't find a way to keep Steve Trevor young if he was introduced in the first movie. Perhaps at the end of the movie, Diana brings Steve back to Themyscira or Olympus with her and while he's on the island, he doesn't age or ages very slowly. Same goes with Etta or any other non-Amazon.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That's assuming that they couldn't find a way to keep Steve Trevor young if he was introduced in the first movie. Perhaps at the end of the movie, Diana brings Steve back to Themyscira or Olympus with her and while he's on the island, he doesn't age or ages very slowly. Same goes with Etta or any other non-Amazon.
    I'm sorry, I really don't wanna sound mean, but do you know how freaking stupid that would be? Everyone is just conveniently young. Yeah, it's not like the outdated ww2 setting is unnecessarily trotting Captain America territory as is. Plus, with the sounds of Pine possibly being in a contract for multiple films, I'm REALLY hoping that this is a rumor.

I remind everyone, WHAT THE FRICK would she do spectacular to not be noticed and for Superman to be the first public hero? Who would she fight? Nazis?!!!! So she's just Indiana Jones with a uterus?!!! That's the best they can come up with for Wonder Woman?!!!

Say what you will about MOS, but at least when it came to villains, fights, and powers, they had him doing Superman level, DBZ esque stuff. Not poor man's Captain America stuff.
    This is all Golden Age and Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman is: a generic superhero with no real differentiation (the greek myth was barely used, and molested when it was). In terms of feats, she was a poor man's Superman at best and a poor man's Captain America at worst. Weak heroine, weak villains! Add them all up, what's that spell: boring movie for the so called biggest female superhero!
    Last edited by Lord of Narrative; 08-01-2015 at 02:54 PM.

Or they could simply do what the Lynda Carter show did and have modern Steve be the son (or grandson) of the WWII character. Etta could be an old lady in the modern times who WW has kept in communication with over the years to stay abreast of man's world. She may even have learned a bit of Amazon training which could retain her youth or slowed her aging.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Narrative View Post
    I'm sorry, I really don't wanna sound mean, but do you know how freaking stupid that would be? Everyone is just conveniently young. Yeah, it's not like the outdated ww2 setting is unnecessarily trotting Captain America territory as is. Plus, with the sounds of Pine possibly being in a contract for multiple films, I'm REALLY hoping that this is a rumor.

I remind everyone, WHAT THE FRICK would she do spectacular to not be noticed and for Superman to be the first public hero? Who would she fight? Nazis?!!!! So she's just Indiana Jones with a uterus?!!! That's the best they can come up with for Wonder Woman?!!!

Say what you will about MOS, but at least when it came to villains, fights, and powers, they had him doing Superman level, DBZ esque stuff. Not poor man's Captain America stuff.
    This is all Golden Age and Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman is: a generic superhero with no real differentiation (the greek myth was barely used, and molested when it was). In terms of feats, she was a poor man's Superman at best and a poor man's Captain America at worst. Weak heroine, weak villains! Add them all up, what's that spell: boring movie for the so called biggest female superhero!

Perhaps the public forgot about Diana since she was last seen 70+ years ago during World War II which is why most thought of Superman as the first superhero? Her villains have gotten stronger over time just like Superman's has so I could totally see them using Cheetah, Giganta, and/or Queen Clea.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Perhaps the public forgot about Diana since she was last seen 70+ years ago during World War II which is why most thought of Superman as the first superhero? Her villains have gotten stronger over time just like Superman's has so I could totally see them using Cheetah, Giganta, and/or Queen Clea.
    I'm pretty sure that something Ares of Cheetah level would not be forgotten. A flag dressed woman helping the allies would not be forgotten. Hell, we couldn't cover up that jefferson screwed slaves, you think THAT would just be forgotten?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Narrative View Post
    I'm pretty sure that something Ares of Cheetah level would not be forgotten. A flag dressed woman helping the allies would not be forgotten. Hell, we couldn't cover up that jefferson screwed slaves, you think THAT would just be forgotten?

Well then, perhaps she was thought to be more of an urban legend that operated in secret?