Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

I don't see BL as the "seventh man" in the Justice League? What does he bring to the team? Nothing unique imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I don't see BL as the "seventh man" in the Justice League? What does he bring to the team? Nothing unique imo.
    Dude. They've been trying to replace him for ages. Everything fails. They need the real McCoy. In my head even John Stewart when he was in JLU was subbing for BL more than Hal.

BANNED

And Cyborg brings what the Batman's money wouldn't?

A versatile set of powers and a unique perspective of the common man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Narrative View Post
    And Cyborg brings what the Batman's money wouldn't?
    Batman has a lot of tech but Cyborg is a god of computers. He fits with the concept of the core Justice League as a sort of pantheon. I always saw Black Lightning as a high powered street level hero.
    But BL should definitely be on the Justice League's roster. If they expand the lineup after The Darkseid War I'd love to see Black Lightning and Black Canary back on the team.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-01-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Batman has a lot of tech but Cyborg is a god of computers. He fits with the concept of the core Justice League as a sort of pantheon. I always saw Black Lightning as a high powered street level hero.
    But BL should definitely be on the Justice League's roster. If they expand the lineup after The Darkseid War I'd love to see Black Lightning and Black Canary back on the team.
    I see black light as a street level that could go planet level in truly dire situations.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Really doesn't help his case when he can't hack Batman's computers, yet he get's hacked the Bat Family.

Black Lightning definitely deserves to be on the League. I don't recall us seeing an upper limit to his power, so it could easily be revealed that he could fight larger threats, but stays on the street because he wants to protect the little guys first and foremost.

BANNED

Black Lightning would be good as a reserve member. I just don't see him as a founding member. Vic can do so much more with his abilities than BL. I'm a BL fan, but even I have to face the facts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    Really doesn't help his case when he can't hack Batman's computers, yet he get's hacked the Bat Family.

Black Lightning definitely deserves to be on the League. I don't recall us seeing an upper limit to his power, so it could easily be revealed that he could fight larger threats, but stays on the street because he wants to protect the little guys first and foremost.

You and I both know that DC will never let anyone get the upper hand over Batman. Vic's tech SHOULD be superior to Batman's tech in every way. You can't be smarter than the Batman, it seems.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    Now this is great news! I really hope they get it together with Jefferson Pierce. And if so, a name change couldn't hurt. Also, lets treat that new52 costume as if it never happened and lets move him beyond the nostalgia of Batman and the Outsiders.
    Why not just give him a black costume. That's how every other character gets away with having a color in their name, regardless of ethnicity.

Black Lightning would be good as a reserve member. I just don't see him as a founding member. Vic can do so much more with his abilities than BL. I'm a BL fan, but even I have to face the facts.
    Why is there this continued insistence that the JLA be rebooted until it has the perfect blend of race and gender among its founding members? If the founding members of the JLA were all white men (which,they weren't), it doesn't mean that a later incarnation of the JLA can't have more minority and female members. What's the fascination with the founding of the group? The JLA was founded by DC's greatest heroes (of that time), who were mostly white men (but Martian Manhunter was a green alien and Wonder Woman was (and is) very much a woman). By the way, I think Black Lightning would be an awesome member of the JLA. (Was he ever a member before? If not, he's practically the only hero in the DC Universe (except from the Metal Men, the Members of the Doom Patrol and the members of the Legion of Super Heroes) who wasn't).

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Why is there this continued insistence that the JLA be rebooted until it has the perfect blend of race and gender among its founding members? If the founding members of the JLA were all white men (which,they weren't), it doesn't mean that a later incarnation of the JLA can't have more minority and female members. What's the fascination with the founding of the group? The JLA was founded by DC's greatest heroes (of that time), who were mostly white men (but Martian Manhunter was a green alien and Wonder Woman was (and is) very much a woman). By the way, I think Black Lightning would be an awesome member of the JLA. (Was he ever a member before? If not, he's practically the only hero in the DC Universe (except from the Metal Men, the Members of the Doom Patrol and the members of the Legion of Super Heroes) who wasn't).

Sandy Hausler
    It's 2015. There's no reason for the founding members to be mostly white men other than the fact that that's always been how it is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Why is there this continued insistence that the JLA be rebooted until it has the perfect blend of race and gender among its founding members? If the founding members of the JLA were all white men (which,they weren't), it doesn't mean that a later incarnation of the JLA can't have more minority and female members. What's the fascination with the founding of the group?

Sandy Hausler
    Because is most cases there is always a set group to be that first team in most media.

When we look at Teen Titans since the 80s-Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy & Cyborg. If right issues with Donna was not in the way-we might have saw her, Speedy & Malcolm Duncan.

Avengers same thing-you will see that team with at least Thor, Iron Man, Hulk & Cap America-at least live action wise.

Cartoon wise you will at least see Falcon and some version of that team.

X-Men-you will not see an X-Men team without Storm or Wolverine. They pretty much took out Angel & Ice Man out of the cartoon for those two and Jubliee in the cartoons.

Justice League always had Superman, Batman, WW & Flash with Aquaman, a Green Lantern & Manhunter. With some exceptions-the CBS pilot & Batman Brave & Bold.

I think the issue is that first version is what everyone goes by.

And the moment you take one of them out for another-you see backlash like we saw with McDuffie's Justice League run or Waid's upcoming Avengers run.

Personally, I think that as long as Supes, Bats, and WW are among the founders, anything goes when it comes to everyone else.

BANNED

I'm glad to see this happen to Mr. Isabella as I would love to see some new Black Lighting coming into DC or at least the reprints of the old series.