Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's 2015. There's no reason for the founding members to be mostly white men other than the fact that that's always been how it is.
    You people have reboot on the mind. The founding members of the Justice League are the top DC heroes -- though I will admit that Martian Manhunter and Aquaman are a stretch for that title. At the time the JLA was created, neither had had ever had their own title. But, as someone who has never liked reboots -- from Crisis in the mid-1980s on, I think the less retroactive change, the better. Current change is fine and desirable. Of course, minorities and woman should be in the JLA. Of course, as always, that's just my opinion.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because is most cases there is always a set group to be that first team in most media.

When we look at Teen Titans since the 80s-Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy & Cyborg. If right issues with Donna was not in the way-we might have saw her, Speedy & Malcolm Duncan.

Avengers same thing-you will see that team with at least Thor, Iron Man, Hulk & Cap America-at least live action wise.

Cartoon wise you will at least see Falcon and some version of that team.

X-Men-you will not see an X-Men team without Storm or Wolverine. They pretty much took out Angel & Ice Man out of the cartoon for those two and Jubliee in the cartoons.

Justice League always had Superman, Batman, WW & Flash with Aquaman, a Green Lantern & Manhunter. With some exceptions-the CBS pilot & Batman Brave & Bold.

I think the issue is that first version is what everyone goes by.

And the moment you take one of them out for another-you see backlash like we saw with McDuffie's Justice League run or Waid's upcoming Avengers run.
    You have proven just the opposite.

The original Teen Titans were Robin, Speedy, Kid Flash and Aqualad (with Speedy and Wonder Girl joining later). Hardly the team you see on TV.

The original Avengers were Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man Wasp and the Hulk (Cap joined later).

The original X-men were Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman and Angel.

Sure, some of the originals are used in other media versions, but not all of them. And later members are included as well.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    You have proven just the opposite.

The original Teen Titans were Robin, Speedy, Kid Flash and Aqualad (with Speedy and Wonder Girl joining later). Hardly the team you see on TV.

The original Avengers were Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man Wasp and the Hulk (Cap joined later).

The original X-men were Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman and Angel.

Sure, some of the originals are used in other media versions, but not all of them. And later members are included as well.

Sandy Hausler
    As I always say, Michael Jordan was not the first person to ever play basketball - in fact, most people probably don't even know who it was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/...ack-lightning/

maybe DC has big plans for Black Lightning.
    As happy as i am to read this news, i cant help but feel somewhat worried about Static...i know they are different characters but its kinda- sorta feels suspicious that just when Milestone 2.0 coincides with this news.

Anyhow, lets see when comes out of this development.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMarvellous View Post
    As happy as i am to read this news, i cant help but feel somewhat worried about Static...i know they are different characters but its kinda- sorta feels suspicious that just when Milestone 2.0 coincides with this news.

You're reading too much into it. Nothing is suspicious, it's just a simple coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMarvellous View Post

Static isn't a part of the DCU anymore. while Milestone is still working with DC/WB the DCU no longer has access to one of the most popular African American superheroes around. so we shouldn't be surprised that they're making sure all the rights to Black Lightning are secure. both Marvel and DC are trying to push for diversity and BL one was of DC's first black superheroes. they'll be looking to him to help fill the void caused by the lose of Static and others. but they're apparently working on live action shorts and of course the Milestone relaunch so i think Static will be fine.