Lightbulb Spider-Man in a Hoodie

I'm not saying bring back Ben or he should wear his entire costume far from it, but Peter should defiantly ripoff his hoodie style once in awhile. It's cold in New York and it really looks based still...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love everything about classic Scarlet Spider, including his look (although I also dig the new Kaine version as a darker twist on the theme), so I'm sold on this idea.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Love everything about classic Scarlet Spider, including his look (although I also dig the new Kaine version as a darker twist on the theme), so I'm sold on this idea.
    It really does have a "do not @%#& with me" theme written all over it where the opposition instinctively knows it's about to get trashed.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

The Spider-Hoodie. By Ben the Trope Maker and Gwen the Trope Codifier.

despite how divisive it was at the time i'm partial to the look. out of all the awful 90s designs, it weirdly holds up. and in some ways (like londo says) was a tad before its time.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    The Spider-Hoodie. By Ben the Trope Maker and Gwen the Trope Codifier.
    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    despite how divisive it was at the time i'm partial to the look. out of all the awful 90s designs, it weirdly holds up. and in some ways (like londo says) was a tad before its time.
    Agreed. Perhaps it's bias based on my age, but I love the spider-hoodie look and the original Scarlet costume in general. I don't need Peter to use it though; we have Gwen to carry the torch, and she's doing it well.

Plus, Peter kinda strikes me as too dorky to go with a cool hoodie. I like when he's portrayed as socially awkward. The guy should be wearing a collared shirt or something.

-Pav, who would love to hear what fashion-conscious artists like Jamie McKelvie think about Peter's wardrobe...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Agreed. Perhaps it's bias based on my age, but I love the spider-hoodie look and the original Scarlet costume in general. I don't need Peter to use it though; we have Gwen to carry the torch, and she's doing it well.

Plus, Peter kinda strikes me as too dorky to go with a cool hoodie. I like when he's portrayed as socially awkward. The guy should be wearing a collared shirt or something.

-Pav, who would love to hear what fashion-conscious artists like Jamie McKelvie think about Peter's wardrobe...
    does that mean ben is cooler than pete?

nerd/geek culture is so mainstreamed now, i wonder what today’s peter would be like. collared shirts are cool at the mo.

He'd rock a bolo tie ofc
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    does that mean ben is cooler than pete?

nerd/geek culture is so mainstreamed now, i wonder what today’s peter would be like. collared shirts are cool at the mo.
    That's the thing, though: I don't see Peter even knowing about current fashion trends. So even though he's always been a nerd/geek, I don't think he'd suddenly be wearing thick black glasses or t-shirts with dorky references on them. He'd still be unfashionable.

-Pav, who thinks this topic merits long discussion...

EDIT: Ben is most definitely cooler than Peter because Ben is more brazen yet simultaneously more open to treating his identity as something malleable.
    Last edited by Pav; 07-27-2015 at 05:52 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details