Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Do you think that there will be a Mutant/Inhuman war?

At some point I believe that Marvel will have some kind of huge event where it is basically Mutants fighting against Inhumans. I can see many superheroes being torn since they have friends on both side. It would definitely be an event on the level of like AvX but if it did happen I could see it as Marvel's answer to getting rid of Mutants and making Inhumans the dominate superhuman race on the planet.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

It is not an event they announced it as an arc for the next comic Season. Maybe war is too hard but they will definitely fight a few times.

That seems to be the story Marvel is setting up with the post-Secret Wars comics. Mutants and Inhumans are bound to clash at one point once mutants start being affected by the Terrigen Mists. My only concern is that when this clash does happen, Marvel is going to basically let the Inhumans win because they need them to stay prominent for the movies. That, and it would be another slight against Fox over the movie rights. It's petty and predictable, but would anybody really be surprised by this? Marvel may claim they're not de-legitimizing the X-men, but it's hard to believe them when they've shown they're willing to be that petty.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    At some point I believe that Marvel will have some kind of huge event where it is basically Mutants fighting against Inhumans. I can see many superheroes being torn since they have friends on both side. It would definitely be an event on the level of like AvX but if it did happen I could see it as Marvel's answer to getting rid of Mutants and making Inhumans the dominate superhuman race on the planet.
    The Eternals are the dominant superhuman race on earth neither Mutants or Inhumans stand a chance of unseating them.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That seems to be the story Marvel is setting up with the post-Secret Wars comics. Mutants and Inhumans are bound to clash at one point once mutants start being affected by the Terrigen Mists. My only concern is that when this clash does happen, Marvel is going to basically let the Inhumans win because they need them to stay prominent for the movies. That, and it would be another slight against Fox over the movie rights. It's petty and predictable, but would anybody really be surprised by this? Marvel may claim they're not de-legitimizing the X-men, but it's hard to believe them when they've shown they're willing to be that petty.
    All this.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    The Eternals are the dominant superhuman race on earth neither Mutants or Inhumans stand a chance of unseating them.
    LOL, no. No one cares about them.

I don't see it happening personally..

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Clearly the X-Men would be the villains in any conflict. Hopefully they execute it as incompetently as they did AvX where they intended Scott Summers and mutants to be the villains, but made Scott the ultimate winner of the story.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Clearly the X-Men would be the villains in any conflict. Hopefully they execute it as incompetently as they did AvX where they intended Scott Summers and mutants to be the villains, but made Scott the ultimate winner of the story.
    Our only hope against the petty revenge and corporate lapdog culture is the sheer incompetence of the people involved.

That doesn't apply only to Marvel, should be said.

I would like this to be like the Tarbeck, Reyne rebellion from A Song Of Ice And Fire. The Inhumans would be the Tarbecks and Reynes who rise up against the Mutants (who are House Lannister) because they seem to be weaker and they think that they'll be the ones who come to power. Magneto leads the mutants against the rebel Inhumans and destroys them with such efficacy that there wouldn't be a single Inhuman left. I think the Rains Of Castamere sum it up pretty well.

And who are you the proud lord said
    That I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat
    That's all the truth I know
    In a coat of gold or a coat of red
    A lion still has claws
    And mine are long and sharp my lord
    As long and sharp as yours
    And so he spoke, and so he spoke
    That Lord of Castamere
    But now the rains weep o'er his hall
    With no one there to hear
    Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall
    With not a soul to hear.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I think it's less of a "need" and more of a deluded, suffocating, "want". Nothing that happens in the books will effect the movies or their box office. I still believe Marvel/Disney believes the books are the driving force behind the MCU, which in my opinion is false. I'd say less than 10% of movie goers have ever opened a book, much less been inside of a dedicated comic book store.

But as for the subject... I dont know, but I wouldnt put it past them at all. Remember the claims of the X-Men (mutants) being sent off of Earth, now we have a handful of team books that I cant imagine how theyd function without being on earth. It's not like we havent seen this before. This was supposed to happen with the Neo, but it never came to fruition and ended with Magneto committing genocide or at least mass murder (awesome guy). Then again with whatever Vargas is/was. I would only hope by time this post SW univese rolls around we dont accept that it all with down during the 8 month gap, but I guess it'd explain why Storm's team looks fairly rag-tag and Magneto seems to have gathered a hit-squad of known killers, including/excluding (depending on how you see her and her intentions) Psylocke... I still think the whole premise of having to two species of born metahumans on Earth is misbegotten. One due to evolution (mutants) and another due to alien experimentation and world wide crossbreeding over the span of a millennia (Inhumans).
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Probably so. And it'll be more of a trainwreck than AvX.

Most likely, and expect poor innocent Kamala Khan to be caught in the middle of it all when she refuses to side with either group.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Currently a war with mutants would not fare well for the Inhumans.

After SW, this might be a real fight.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

There are about 3000 mutants and 100's of thousands of inhumans (once the gas goes around the whole world). They pretty much are the dominant species already.

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    There are about 3000 mutants and 100's of thousands of inhumans (once the gas goes around the whole world). They pretty much are the dominant species already.
    I think it's been said that the Mist is killing more potential Inhumans than transforming them (most die in the cocoon because their bodies can't take it), and some just aren't affected by the Mist at all. The final number likely won't be nearly that high.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!