Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Currently a war with mutants would not fare well for the Inhumans.

After SW, this might be a real fight.
    Of course we're talking about post-SW. :P

Currently there is no Earth, no terrigen cloud crossing the globe.. only Battleworld.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, she is tecnically part of the Avengers, so there is that too.
    Something tells me the Avengers would side with the Inhumans. I'd say more, but I don't want to get exiled to the Complex thread. But if AvX is any indication of how these things work..

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There should be a team entirely made up of characters who are sick of all the stupidity and BS that the various sides of the various hero vs. hero conflict get up to, and tell them all to @#$% off to go after ACTUAL villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Those kinds of teams are usually the ones who die in those conflicts. No one wants neutral parties getting in the way of the stupidity.
    That made me chuckle.

If they don't die, then they are surely told by the "grown ups" to stand aside and keep their silly idealism to themselves while the real heroes beat the **** out of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aren't the new Uncanny Avengers supposed to be about protecting Mutants and Inhumans, as well as the general public? Seems like stepping in and stopping a war between Mutants and Inhumans would be right up their alley. Well, if they're a better and more effective Unity Squad then the last incarnation at least...
    That's the thing though, isn't it?

[QUOTE=berserkerclaw;1382725]Can people please stop talking about the film rights? Leave that for the complex thread. Will I think there's a we coming..maybe. if not a war then a confrontation. Something has already happened on the 8 month gap where the mists are affecting mutants. Cyclops and some others are missing, Beast is with the inhumans. I see a crossover between Extraordinary X-men and Uncanny inhumans.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 07-27-2015 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Unnecessary

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    That made me chuckle.

If they don't die, then they are surely told by the "grown ups" to stand aside and keep their silly idealism to themselves while the real heroes beat the **** out of each other.
    Well, X managed to get the entire faculty of Avengers Academy to grow the frell up and realize how dumb the conflict actually was, but I think that says more about just how stupid AvX was from the start...

I doubt it. Crystal and Kamala Khan are friends with some of the X-Men and firmly stand behind mutant rights. I don't think either of them would want there to be a war between the mutants and Inhumans.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Really doubt either one would get much say in the matter. While Kamala has popular character shield to save her, I could see Crystal getting killed by "accident" to escalate things past the point of no return.

There will definitely be some interaction and some skirmishes. Marvel has already said as much. As for an actual event, maybe a crossover between a few series but I don't think we'll get a dedicated book that is just Mutants v Inhumans.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

i think there already is a mutant and inhuman war. and this war is being fought outside of the comics as well as inside.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I doubt it. Crystal and Kamala Khan are friends with some of the X-Men and firmly stand behind mutant rights. I don't think either of them would want there to be a war between the mutants and Inhumans.
    Yeah, a war with mutants is pretty much the antithesis of Medusa's mantra for her whole run in Inhuman. Like you said, characters like Crystal and Kamala, would have no possible reason to fight with the X-Men, except in self-defense. And I really don't want to see the X-Men as aggressors, can't they do something heroic for a change???? Not to mention, I really don't want to hear all the moaning and groaning, and everyone will take their frustration out by hating on the Inhumans, not that that's not already happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Really doubt either one would get much say in the matter. While Kamala has popular character shield to save her, I could see Crystal getting killed by "accident" to escalate things past the point of no return.
    BITE. YOUR. TONGUE!!! lol

Niffleheim

I hope there will be a war just to build on the hate that already exists.

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    BITE. YOUR. TONGUE!!! lol
    lmao! thanks
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-27-2015 at 10:55 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I could definitely see Magneto leading the mutants if there was a war. Maybe there are some anti-mutant campaigners who gain Inhuman powers and use it on mutants (because for some reason Mutants are hated and not Inhumans). That might be the first skirmish and it would escalate from there. As I said if it were up to me Magneto would turn a Tywin Lannister and annihilate the Inhumans to the point of extinction. As Atilan (I know its not the right spelling) is being torn down after the defeat of the Inhumans it begins to rain. Magneto mutters 'And now the rains, weep o'er his halls, without a soul to hear.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

BANNED

This makes me wonder about the marvel solicits for new series/ relaunches. For me the big question is, have we seen all the books they are releasing? Because if not, maybe there's a chance that Cyclops and Emma and Rachel and the rest of the Xmen not accounted for in Uncanny and Xtra are off-wporld like what was rumored on bleeding cool.

Maybe the conflict has caused them to just leave and establish a haven somewhere else like Counter-Earth or Europa or whatever. The other Xmen in Uncanny and Xtra have decided to stay and fight or try and survive. Now I know this hurts the Xmen mantra of hated and feared and protecting a world that hates them but it would stand to reason that at some point a faction would get tired and just try and start over. Now just imagine also that while seeking to establish a new mutant plant, you have humans who are afraid of the effect of the mist since many dont survive it, wanting to escape earth too, there could be conflict there. Then perhaps you get a conflict between certain mutants thinking they should rule over others on the new planet and we have segregation or prejudice among the mutants themselves. On top of that maybe some alien empire like the Kree or the Skrulls or the Shiar have decided to claim a new planet as their own or the Shiar feel that the mutants are trying to expand to other planets and are suspicious and act aggressively toward them. Maybe in a similar way to what happening in Inferno is Secret wars, perhaps once a year or every so often a team is selected to go back to earth and extract young mutants whose lives are in danger because of mist or maybe they still need supplies from earth and groups like the Purifiers or others are trying to prevent them receiving what they need. Or finally a mineral or an ore is found on said new planet.. say its Vibranium or Oil or something that would cause the big corporation and world leaders to want to establish rights on this planet.. that could also set up conflict. Thats all I could thin of but those are stories that could last for a year or two and it lets Marvel almost experiment like they used to with alternate universes or whatever. You have the Xmen on earth dealing with whatever and then you have them on a whole other planet. This way Marvel can gauge the interest and see which direction to take things in for the future. Plus it sets up what Marvel loves.... another big event that could involve the Xmen and Inhumans.

Im just speculating on earlier rumors but who knows? Its just a theory.. a weak one, but a theory nonetheless

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

No we haven't seen every book. They are rolling them out through February.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Cyclops is gonna get blamed isn't he?
    You betcha!

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I could definitely see Magneto leading the mutants if there was a war. Maybe there are some anti-mutant campaigners who gain Inhuman powers and use it on mutants (because for some reason Mutants are hated and not Inhumans). That might be the first skirmish and it would escalate from there. As I said if it were up to me Magneto would turn a Tywin Lannister and annihilate the Inhumans to the point of extinction. As Atilan (I know its not the right spelling) is being torn down after the defeat of the Inhumans it begins to rain. Magneto mutters 'And now the rains, weep o'er his halls, without a soul to hear.
    Why would Magneto attack New Attilan if the conflict is ignited by anti-mutant campaigners from the outside world? The Inhumans do police themselves as has been shown in their own serie, if they were to discover some Nuhumans are abusing their powers, they would deal with them harshly.
    Anyway, if Magneto ever lead such a charge, mutantkind WILL fail and lose the "war".
    The man always loses this sort of big conflicts.

I do not think a full-scale war will erupt though.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Astonishing Member

medusa might not want war; but black bolt?, lash?, red raven?, whoever-replaced-the-capo?, 616 jiaying? there's never been a better opportunity to take the world than there is now

the fact that the kree and eternals are probably stirring things from the shadows won't help

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There should be a team entirely made up of characters who are sick of all the stupidity and BS that the various sides of the various hero vs. hero conflict get up to, and tell them all to @#$% off to go after ACTUAL villains.
    thats basically what ANAD avengers is. its an outright rejection of the miltarisim (avengers army) and infighting that millar and bendis brought to the avengers; in favor of the more ad hoc and less poisonous infighting of pre-dissassembled. (UA is seemingly working off the bendis/hickman model, while NA is ewing's take)

I think it's been said that the Mist is killing more potential Inhumans than transforming them (most die in the cocoon because their bodies can't take it), and some just aren't affected by the Mist at all. The final number likely won't be nearly that high.
    its more because BB effectively poisoned the terrigen crystals he vaporised; wanda at least had driven herself crazy before m-day; black bolt effectively annihilated his civilization in some bizzare middle finger to the kree

Most likely, and expect poor innocent Kamala Khan to be caught in the middle of it all when she refuses to side with either group.
    i think its fairly obvious that kamala will be choosing a side. willow writes her as reasonably friendly to medusa, and her brother undergoing terrgensis means her family is going to end up involved with new attilan; so she has a stake in stopping the x-men killing everyone there (because you know thats how it would go)

besides; considering the bad blood between sam and steve; its easy to see ADANA and UA taking the inhuman and mutant sides respectively

not to mention that a throwdown with laura is sort of mandatory
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 07-27-2015 at 03:33 PM.

Well, I hope Black Bolt is not involved then, he would waste the X-men, Magneto and whatever homeland they have pretty quickly imo.

Also, the other factions you are referring to are just as extreme as Magneto' supremacist angle, and other "Brotherhood" types: if anything, the Royal Family and the X-Men would be even more inclined to work with each other, in order to neutralize the extremists and zealots on both sides.

Inverted Medusa and Inverted X-Men might have jumped in frantically though, they were ridiculously angry warmongers.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."