Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Predator vs. Terminators

hmm, it could be interesting.

would the T-800 or T-1000 last longer in an extended battle against a Predator?

Neither of them can really stand up to hits from the Plasma Caster

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Hand to Hand, Terminator could beat the living hell out of the Predator, although a Predator would certainly make a better fight of it than a human.

Fully armed, the Pred has much better chances. T-800 goes down to the energy cannon. Then again, the T-800 armed would give the Pred a good gun fight. The issue here is whether or not the T-1000 will go down to the energy bolts. Could probably get vaped by the arm bomb, but even that might be survivable for the liquid metal bot if it can get enough range.

If the T1000 can't survive a dip in molten steel it's not standing up to a plasma caster either, even if you assume it isn't actual plasma(which starts out on the lower end at several times that of the melting point of steel) they still have feats of doing stuff like vaporizing holes in humans(vaporizing biological matter takes an enormous amount of energy due to water being one of the best heat insulators known to man), completely blowing humans(and xenomorphs) apart, etc

Edit: as for h2h, yeah no shot with the T1000, but I'm a bit unconvinced by the T800, well depending on the Predator, the lead Predator from the Predators movie survived 6 or 7 grenades going off in it's face, which is in insane.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-26-2015 at 01:13 PM.

It took it's sweet time getting melted sitting in that molten steel, though. The plasma might vaporize a chunk of it, but I don't think it's one-hit killing the T-1000. Problem here is whether or not it has sufficient firepower to shoot back before it gets vaped from multiple shots.

It may not have been insta destroyed but it was certainly insta incapacitated, the Casters can fire fairly rapidly as well

Would Terminators would see through the predator stealth?

Would Predators be able to see the heat sigs of Terminators?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Would a T-1000 even have a heat sig?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

In an arena setting I don't see why they'd need to, they have other vision modes anyway, and if they can see Xenomorphs which are essentially invisible to thermal I don't see why it matters

But I'd assume they would, we know the T800 has a beefy core that generates power for it(apparently the novelization says they have a nuke power cell, which given the T850 had two similar cells would make sense, also it was what the T1000 stabbed with the pipe in the factory scene to shut it down, apparently T800s can absorb heat to an extent in order to run off of in a pinch), one would assume that it puts off plenty of heat, also one would assume the T1000 has to have some kind of power core or something producing juice as well, but I can't find anything one way or the other on it. I mean common sense says it produces power to run on somehow.
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-26-2015 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    If the T1000 can't survive a dip in molten steel it's not standing up to a plasma caster either, even if you assume it isn't actual plasma(which starts out on the lower end at several times that of the melting point of steel) they still have feats of doing stuff like vaporizing holes in humans(vaporizing biological matter takes an enormous amount of energy due to water being one of the best heat insulators known to man), completely blowing humans(and xenomorphs) apart, etc

Edit: as for h2h, yeah no shot with the T1000, but I'm a bit unconvinced by the T800, well depending on the Predator, the lead Predator from the Predators movie survived 6 or 7 grenades going off in it's face, which is in insane.
    And the Terminator from the first movie survived a fuel truck blowing up with it in it; I think that's more impressive grenades. And even if it isn't, Terminator Salvation had a T-800 taking hits from a grenade launcher with virtually no effect.

If you give the Terminators their beam weapons (future defaults), then they probably take it. Giving them modern weapons, neither has enough to take out the Predators without being multiple plasma-casted themselves.

BANNED

I'll be more than glad to answer this match-up as this is one i've always been thinking about in my head from time to time.

Which version of the Terminator?

If this is anything before Genisys, the Predator has by default, far superior weapons/equipment and arguably better stealth, tracking, agility, and fighting prowess. I can reckon a Predator could just cleave the T-800 with a flying disc and blast the T-1000 to oblivion by abusing the plasma caster. Therefore I would give the Predator a win more times than not. Even though the Terminator does have superior durability to the Predator's via feats and due to the logic of "metal over flesh".

A T-800 or T-1000 isn't going to last generously long against a bloodlusted and armed Predator with prep, but would still give him a decent fight.

If this is the Genisys ones, then the Predator is finally going to be provided a real challenge here, and against the T-800 and T-1000, it all comes down to distance and prep.

Without prep, the Predator probably gets gutted and killed by the T-1000 in close quarters combat and 50/50's against a pre-memetic polyalloy dip Guardian T-800. But it's said in the movie that .50 calibre rounds from a sniper rifle could kill a T-800 and if that's the case, the Predator could probably one-shot Guardian or the original T-800 with a plasma caster blast to the head or chest.

With prep, the Predator could just use the Dissolving Liquid that Wolf used from AvP:R and just throw it at the T-1000 thus melting him instantly and the same could go for the physically less durable Guardian Terminator. Or use the laser trap device to bait and lure the T-1000 (though I figure the T-1000 could probably morph himself to a shape that could fight through the holes in the trap without getting touched by the lasers).

Arnold would need his fuel cell nuke from Terminator 3 and possibly his plasma weapons from the 3D Universal Studios ride if he wants to have a shot at killling the Predator.

Overall, I place the Predators above the Terminator in a fight more times than not. Even if again, the Terminators are normally stronger and more durable, physically.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    considering they have heat vision and the terminator's skin are human flesh... maybe?

and i doubt the terminators can sense a camoflauged predator from long distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    considering they have heat vision and the terminator's skin are human flesh... maybe?
    Ah, good point on the human skin. Plus, machines give off some heat, too, I guess.

Although, the T-1000 seems like it would just stay mostly at room temperature, giving it's thermo weaknesses. In that case, it probably would have some added stealth against a Pred.

and i doubt the terminators can sense a camoflauged predator from long distances.
    I dunno, they seem to have some pretty decently advanced scanners. Maybe not long distance, but I think a Terminator, at least the Arnold model, could see through the camo at a decent range.

Although, I just realized, we never saw the perspective of the T-1000s. I wonder if they have the same scanner tech, or if they had to compromise it for their liquid body?