Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Ah, good point on the human skin. Plus, machines give off some heat, too, I guess.

Although, the T-1000 seems like it would just stay mostly at room temperature, giving it's thermo weaknesses. In that case, it probably would have some added stealth against a Pred.
    Well good point, Dutch did cover himself in mud to disguise himself from the Jungle Predator's thermal vision and cleverly so.

But even if the Pred may not detect the T-1000 through thermal vision, he still has other vision frequencies to select from his bio-mask, such as high ultraviolet on his spectrum or his night vision.

Though the T-1000's ability to blend among the environment will make it somewhat difficult for the Pred to track him down, i will give you that.

I dunno, they seem to have some pretty decently advanced scanners. Maybe not long distance, but I think a Terminator, at least the Arnold model, could see through the camo at a decent range.
    Well if the distorted outlines of the Pred's camoflauge is to be taken literally at face value rather than just a visual special effect for only the audience to see as opposed to the unaware characters in the movie, then Arnold might be able to spot him. I mean Arnold in Genisys was able to detect a piece of the T-1000 stuck on the lock of his truck's door from behind while driving.

Going from James Cameron's Terminator 2 FAQ page, he does have something called the "'Telepathic Communication Implant Cores", which can detect the presence of the T-1000 and his visors can detect weather patterns, gravity of an object's force, bullet trajectories, etc. So you might be right, but the Predator is still fast enough to hide from the T-800.

Although, I just realized, we never saw the perspective of the T-1000s. I wonder if they have the same scanner tech, or if they had to compromise it for their liquid body?
    Yeah I was always curious to see what a T-1000's point of view would precisely look like on screen. That is until I did a search on google and read James Cameron's Terminator 2 FAQ page...

and this is going to shock both you and I, but, the T-1000 doesn't actually see at all, but rather and I quote:
    The deleted scene of T-1000 searching John's room was specifically shot to show the audience that T-1000 doesn't see but that he senses, like an insect or Alien. He carefully touches and massages everything with the tips of his fingers. "Touch" is a key word here - it's the same way T-1000 samples objects.

Novelization: "(T-1000) took in the details of the neighborhood. It wasn't just his eyes he was seeing with. His entire body registered the environment in a dozen subtle ways"

"It didn't need lights. It could sense the molecular structure of things by touch"

There's no distinction in T-1000's form - same drop or part can become a piece of leg, or an ear, nose or knee - doesn't matter

Novelization: "Sirens reached its auditory sensors, which could have been formed anywhere on its body (since every molecule had the genetic blueprints for all needed parts programmed into them), but were now in shape of human ears"
    going by the above, I'm guessing the T-1000 is going to need to be able to touch the camouflaged Predator in order to find him and the way Pred moves, it'd be like a blind man trying to touch a fly.

That doesn't say that he can't see, it says that he doesn't just use visual input but also scans things constantly with touch sensors everywhere.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    Well if the distorted outlines of the Pred's camoflauge is to be taken literally at face value rather than just a visual special effect for only the audience to see as opposed to the unaware characters in the movie, then Arnold might be able to spot him. I mean Arnold in Genisys was able to detect a piece of the T-1000 stuck on the lock of his truck's door from behind while driving.
    I'm pretty sure the ripple is a literal representation. In the first movie, characters mention seeing the vague shape of the Predator when it was up close, "blending in like a chameleon."

and this is going to shock both you and I, but, the T-1000 doesn't actually see at all, but rather and I quote:

going by the above, I'm guessing the T-1000 is going to need to be able to touch the camouflaged Predator in order to find him and the way Pred moves, it'd be like a blind man trying to touch a fly.
    That's very interesting, that it has some kind of extra-sensory web. But I'm pretty sure it's able to see on top of that, given how it interacted with the world in the movie.

just remembered that the Predator was able to see the rock Dutch threw as a distraction, and then project the trajectory he'd thrown it to find his position, so he can "see" inanimate objects

BANNED

I'm pretty sure the ripple is a literal representation. In the first movie, characters mention seeing the vague shape of the Predator when it was up close, "blending in like a chameleon."
    In Predator 2, Mike Harrigan or one of the characters said that it was like seeing gas in broad daylight in the midst of a heatwave.

But as of Predators, you can see that the "distortion" lines have pretty much been discarded as a trope for a camouflaged Predator giving us a more accurate picture of what true Predator stealth should look like. But granted that's because when Royce and Isabelle (or who else was it) was looking at the spot of the tree the Predator was in, the Predator remained as still as possible.

That's very interesting, that it has some kind of extra-sensory web. But I'm pretty sure it's able to see on top of that, given how it interacted with the world in the movie.
    Yes true, it does make the T-1000's line of sight more impressive, but not sure how it would fare against a Pred's camouflage. And the fact that Pred is smart enough to keep out of range, well...

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    just remembered that the Predator was able to see the rock Dutch threw as a distraction, and then project the trajectory he'd thrown it to find his position, so he can "see" inanimate objects
    I'm not saying he couldn't see the T-1000, but the T-1000 likely wouldn't give off a sufficient heat signature, so that wouldn't give him away if he shape-shifted into something in the area. Although if Pred has other sensors, he's probably got something that'll pick up the T anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    In Predator 2, Mike Harrigan or one of the characters said that it was like seeing gas in broad daylight in the midst of a heatwave.

But as of Predators, you can see that the "distortion" lines have pretty much been discarded as a trope for a camouflaged Predator giving us a more accurate picture of what true Predator stealth should look like. But granted that's because when Royce and Isabelle (or who else was it) was looking at the spot of the tree the Predator was in, the Predator remained as still as possible.
    Sure. Point is, the cloak isn't quite perfect and could be spotted by someone looking hard enough and was close enough, even if at first they don't quite know what they're looking at. It'd be enough that an Arnold model could probably detect it with his sensors at a reasonable range.

Yes true, it does make the T-1000's line of sight more impressive, but not sure how it would fare against a Pred's camouflage. And the fact that Pred is smart enough to keep out of range, well...
    I'll buy that it probably doesn't have the solid T's superior scanners, so it could have a much harder time picking out the camo. If it could, it might have a better time throwing chunks of itself around to act as ranged sensors, in case the Pred might accidentally step on one. But I don't know if that's even something it could do.

BANNED

Sure. Point is, the cloak isn't quite perfect and could be spotted by someone looking hard enough and was close enough, even if at first they don't quite know what they're looking at. It'd be enough that an Arnold model could probably detect it with his sensors at a reasonable range.
    Fair enough. But the Predator can always play keep away.

I'll buy that it probably doesn't have the solid T's superior scanners, so it could have a much harder time picking out the camo. If it could, it might have a better time throwing chunks of itself around to act as ranged sensors, in case the Pred might accidentally step on one. But I don't know if that's even something it could do.
    oh yeah it could do that.

in that case, the T-1000 may have the superior stealth to the Predator then, but even so in a fight, the Predator still can annihalate it with spammed blasts from the plasma casters, the plasma cannon, a vial of dissolving liquid (wolf predator), surrounding laser traps (wolf predator), and a throw a wrist-nuke at him and run away as fast as possible.

but in melee, the T-1000 shish-kabobs the Pred.

Why are we spotting the Predator canon being affective against the T-1000? The resistance uses plasma weapons as well and they have no lasting effect against T-1000s.

as for it generating heat, the T-1k in the Terminator series was described as cool to the touch. So it should never be above room temperature.

According to the wiki it could withstand "phased plasma" attacks, whatever that's supposed to be, however the TX outright destroyed a T1000 with a single shot from her plasma weapon in the T3 prequel comics so take it for what you will.