Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Ant-Man" Crosses $100 Million In U.S. Box Office, Remains #1 Over "Pixels"

Marvel's little hero that could stayed strong in its second weekend as Adam Sandler's video game adventure flopped.

Full article here.

REMAINS #1 OVER "PIXELS"
    Congratulations on the astounding achievement, Marvel Studios.

Seeing as how it cost $120 million to make and will probably go over $500 million in worldwide box office, it has done pretty well. Especially since a lot of people expected it to be a bust.

First of all, Ant-Man (IMO) has got to be one of THE lamest superheroes ever conceived. A character shrinks down to the size of an ant and does super hero things. Even at a very young age, I thought it was lame.

I went to see this movie, because I needed a family friendly movie for my nephew (9 years old) and niece (7 years) old to see. I was surprised as to how much I liked this movie. It won't make my top 5 superhero movies, nor my top 5 MCU movies, but man...it was a great time.

I'd recommend this movie for anyone looking to just have a good time at the theatres.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

What? "Pixels" flopped? Color me shocked (not).

Niffleheim

My god i just watched Ant-Man it was such a small movie lol! After watching AoU i feel like i'm in rehab experiencing some withdrawals. It was a good movie but i feel like Ant-Man 2 would be even better.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I saw it for the second time last night, a 10 p.m. showing, and I was shocked at how empty the theater was. I think there were fewer than 20 people there. I still couldn't see who or what was in the Quantum Realm. The second time around the exposition was more annoying.
    Last edited by Tighelander; 07-26-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    First of all, Ant-Man (IMO) has got to be one of THE lamest superheroes ever conceived. A character shrinks down to the size of an ant and does super hero things. Even at a very young age, I thought it was lame.

I went to see this movie, because I needed a family friendly movie for my nephew (9 years old) and niece (7 years) old to see. I was surprised as to how much I liked this movie. It won't make my top 5 superhero movies, nor my top 5 MCU movies, but man...it was a great time.

I'd recommend this movie for anyone looking to just have a good time at the theatres.
    Well to be fair he didn't do any superhero stuff here, he was essentially a super criminal.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Yay! One step closer to a sequel.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yeah its gonna get a sequel. It will do in line with what Thor has done as far as box office goes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

What! How on earth did Pixels do so badly in the box office?! That movie was funny as heck!!

Don't get me wrong, Ant-Man was a great movie (way better than I'd thought it would be), but Pixels was almost just as awesome. I geeked out at all the great video game references and it had me and the rest of the audience LOL hard. However I was wondering why there weren't a lot of people there. I mean honestly, even GL did better on it's opening weekend.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

BANNED

1. People are sick of Adam Sandler
    2. Sandler's last ten years of films don't have a good reputation.
    3. They didn't know how to market this film. Was it a family film? Was it a nostalgia feat for people who grew up in the 80's? It just had a weird DNA.

If it was a standard Sandler film it might have done better.

Beating Pixels at the box office isn't much of an achievement. Adam Sandler hasn't had a successful movie in over a decade. I think Ant Man lucked out, being released during this time of the year. It's real test will come later this week when the new Mission Impossible comes out. Unlike Adam Sandler, Tom Cruise has managed to be in successful, critically acclaimed movies over the course of his three decade career. I have a feeling that he'll knock Ant Man out of the top spot. The real test will be how much Ant Man can make in the long run compared to its recent MCU predecessors.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Sheesh, I bet a Black Widow movie could do 100 million in two weeks and have cost less. Just saying

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Beating Pixels at the box office isn't much of an achievement. Adam Sandler hasn't had a successful movie in over a decade. I think Ant Man lucked out, being released during this time of the year. It's real test will come later this week when the new Mission Impossible comes out. Unlike Adam Sandler, Tom Cruise has managed to be in successful, critically acclaimed movies over the course of his three decade career. I have a feeling that he'll knock Ant Man out of the top spot. The real test will be how much Ant Man can make in the long run compared to its recent MCU predecessors.
    I don't think it'll have legs. First week my cinema was packed out and had huge lines. Second week we came late and there was no line and the back seats were still empty and when the film started the screen was only half full. Mission Imp and Fantastic 4 come out soon don't think it bodes well for Anty.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.