Default Abe Sapien #13 :The Healer

The second in a series of one shots. The art's by Sebastián Fiumara, and I've seen a little snippet of #13 and it looks good. :biggrin:

#13 comes out on the 11th of June.

Last edited by middenway; 05-12-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm loving these one shots immensely so far, hopefully they continue to knock these out of the park.

Since it's clearly labeled "Starting Point for New Readers", I may give this a try when it comes out next week.

I really hope #13 will be a good issue, because previous one was not my cup of tea.

Wait… did I just read there is a GUY DAVIS back-up story in this issue!?!?!?!?!! Woohoo!

http://bigcomicpage.com/2014/06/10/r...-horse-comics/

UPDATE: Just found out it is a reprint of Abe's first meeting with Vaughn… not new material.
    Last edited by Storey; 06-10-2014 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    . . . UPDATE: Just found out it is a reprint of Abe's first meeting with Vaughn… not new material.
    Hey, for a newbie like me, that's not a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hey, for a newbie like me, that's not a bad thing.
    Well, it is an issue geared towards first time readers... and I really like Casualties.

Here's my review for this one.

Amazing Member

I'm...not sure what to think of this issue. It ended rather abruptly. (but Casualties is nice)
    I don't know where it didn't work for me. Maybe it was because the climax and the resolution finished within 3 pages?

And I think the only thing that geared towards first time readers is the backstory provided in the Hellmail section.
    As a new reader there might too few information in the story that actually explain how the characters came to be.
    But I can see how this is a starting point for a new arc that welcomes both old and new readers alike. A fresh start perhaps, regarding Abe and Grace.