Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doom 4

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Default Doom 4

I know its gonna be quite a long while before this comes out, but dammit that was pretty fucking badass. I'm a bit confused as to why they didn't include the "4" at the end. Anyway, I really hope there's some actually gameplay footage on next months "Reveal" trailer.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

Well DOOM 4 is now called just "DOOM". The reveal was pretty much just Quake Con exclusive so that sucked big time for the rest of us Doom fans. However, the reveal from those who got to see have nothing but praise. Here's some highlights:
    -Fast-paced combat against multiple enemies at once - Doom 3 this ain't.
    -Set outside a massive UAC research facility on Mars as it's being invaded by the forces of Hell.
    -Hellknights, cyberdemons, revenants, mancubii, and other classic monsters were spotted throughout the demo.
    -Classic Doom weapons, including the fan-favorite double-barrell shotgun return. Plasma rifle, rocket launcher, and the good old chainsaw were also shown off.
    -Go fast. "Doom is not about about taking cover" said executive producer Marty Stratton.
    -Doom is powered by IdTech 6, and will be for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. They are "committed" to 1080P at 60 frames-per-second.
    -Wonderfully gory close range executions, including special ones for dropping down on enemies from above.
    -Revenants now have jetpacks and can hover about while firing rockets at you.
    -At least one weapon, the combat shotgun, has an alternate fire mode, which allows you to charge up and release multiple shells in rapid succession.
    -Sprinting, double-jumping and mantling are all possible, making for very fluid motion during combat.
    -Enemies can teleport in for old-school style ambushes
    -Dying results in a crazy fatality scene depending on what killed you a la Dead Space. Revenants rip your arms off and punch straight through your combat helment.
    -Old school mechanics. No reloading your clip, hold as many weapons as you want, health and ammo pick-ups etc. NO REGENERATING HEALTH.
    Here's a review that really has me hyped http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-new-doom.aspx

As much as I like games like Dishonored, Bioshock and Metro, it's good to hear that Doom is going to be old-school insanity

Finally something new!

I gotta say, those 5 seconds are promising.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

BANNED

It's a about time they showed the rest of us the game. It's dumb they've waited this long. And by this long I mean when they do show it at E3.

BANNED

The waiting for new Doom 4 footage is driving me nuts!!!!

BANNED

While you wait, here's some footage of a cancelled version.

Not only does it look good but if it PLAYS like the Old School Doom?

That would be awesome!!

Been tired of this regenearative health cover bull **** thing FPS have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    While you wait, here's some footage of a cancelled version.
    I'm glad they scrapped it and started over. It doesn't look or feel like DOOM, more like Rage.

I spent a lot of time playing Doom II and I loved how a lot of levels had this "open-field" feel, like I was in a football/soccer arena. It felt like I'd see all the monsters come at me and I'd have to survive. When I played a little of Doom 3, it felt like another corridor fighter, which could have been any game.

I want to see what the new game will be like.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

The power of the all mighty Chainsaw.........

Hell..........

BANNED

Well, that wasn't very exciting. The game is slower than I was hoping for, and you aren't really ever taking on more than a few monsters at once. The cinematic kills aren't that fluent looking, even less so with the chainsaw. The chainsaw doesn't even seem to feel like a weapon you're wielding, just looks like it's a cutscene trigger when you're close, and in the demo it triggers the exact same cinematic two times in a row. Hell looks really boring; was hoping to see something at least as interesting as the first two games, but nope. There's also a boring color filter over hell that makes everything the same boring color.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    and you aren't really ever taking on more than a few monsters at once.
    When people say this, I wonder if they actually remember what the old Doom was like. It wasn't 10,000 guys running at you at once all the time. It could get fairly slow paced and had a big emphasis on exploration and puzzles. I don't know why people think the game was Dynasty Warriors. Fighting off a huge 20+ swarm was an exception, not the rule. Rather than throw a million guys at you at once the old games would tend to put in a lot of back-to-back encounters so you didn't have much downtime in between them (unless you got lost or something).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr4KUA6s-H4
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 06-18-2015 at 03:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    When people say this, I wonder if they actually remember what the old Doom was like. It wasn't 10,000 guys running at you at once all the time. It could get fairly slow paced and had a big emphasis on exploration and puzzles. I don't know why people think the game was Dynasty Warriors. Fighting off a huge 20+ swarm was an exception, not the rule. Rather than throw a million guys at you at once the old games would tend to put in a lot of back-to-back encounters so you didn't have much downtime in between them (unless you got lost or something).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr4KUA6s-H4
    Watch that video you posted, and then watch that first Doom 4 gameplay video. Doom is far faster than Doom 4, and the Doom 4 stage sure as hell doesn't look like it's going to give way to exploration.