Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wrestling Video Games

Just a thread to discuss wrestling video games

to start

you can play as the terminator in wwe 2k16

With Stone Cold on the cover and Terminator in the game whom says WWE haven't got a talented superstar roster nowadays.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well, I'll be getting this game as I always buy WWE games. But I'll reserve judgement until we see more or until I actually get it personally.

Did anyone play those old THQ wrestling games on N64? WCW/NWO World Tour, Revenge, WWF No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000. Those were hilariously arcadey from what I remember, but tons of fun to play with friends.

Authentic Comic Junkie BTNLegend's Avatar

I used to play WWF Wrestlefest back in the day at the arcade. That was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed the WrestleMania arcade game that came out during the mid 90s. I still have the CD-ROM to this day.

Aside from playing and customizing the horrible THQ WCW Nitro game (PC Version), I've only played WWF No Mercy for N64 and WWE Smackdown Shut Your Mouth for PS2.

However, some of the best wrestling games I've ever played were non-WWE/WCW titles. Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for PS2 and Wrestling Revolution for both PC and iOS have been by far the most fun I've ever had with wrestling games because of customization and all of the equipments or props at one's disposal.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I will devote a post at times to discuss what games I enjoyed wrestling wise growing up. Lets start at the CLASSICS baby....

NES Pro Wrestling 1986

This was the 3rd actual video game released for the NES system and one of the best. The game consists of the roster of wrestlers and their close comparisons in a way ; Fighter Hayabusa (Antonio Inoki in Japan , Bruno Sammertino USA) , Starman (Mil Mascaras) , Kin Corn Karn (Nikita or Ivan Koloff) , Giant Panther (a close comparison to Hulk Hogan with more hair and no fu-manchu) , The Amazon (pretty close to Missing Link) , and King Slender (Ric Flair) .

When I 1st got this game as a young SupeE , I was happy and played it for hours. I'd run the ropes and use Starman and his flashy acrobatic moves. He was one of my favorite characters to use in this game. As far as playing with friends , the most silly , frustrating character to have was Kin Corn Karn and his dumb karate chop and kicks deal. I never used Fighter Hayabusa or Giant Panther much. My dad would take The Amazon and make me crazy lol. King Slender is who I'd use in playing the game solo and win with.

Its one of the best , classic wrestling games I loved. I haven't played it in years so sadly , but its one I have a lot of memories playing.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

There may as well just be the AKI stuff, sadly AKI/Syn Sophia doesn't get to make wrestling games anymore. There Ultimate Muscle games were also a lot of fun. It's too bad 2K Sports don't just get them to do something. Doesn't really make any sense why they haven't, it's like every year for a while now those AKI N64 games come up as what to strive for, and every year they're nothing like them. Just get Syn Sophia, they're still around, they still want to make wrestling games.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Did anyone play those old THQ wrestling games on N64? WCW/NWO World Tour, Revenge, WWF No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000. Those were hilariously arcadey from what I remember, but tons of fun to play with friends.
    The arcadey ones were always the PSX ones, the AKI game played like wrestling sim games next to stuff like the WCW/NWO Thunder, the Acclaim stuff, and then the Yuke's games. The N64 games were slower, and focusing on limbs for submissions, or just generally wearing down your opponent for a pin fall were bigger things than in other titles.

No Mercy is still my favourite. Some of the Gamecube ones were fun. Never really like the Smackdown! series. RAW 2 for the original X-Box is hilariously bad. It has a co-op story mode that was fun to play because it had lots of laughs. Stuff was so random in that game. People randomly getting eliminated in Royal Rumbles even when they weren't thrown out or pinned. I remember Shawn Michaels whooped my character's ass in a cutscene because I was trying to hit on Molly Holly. I once won the World title and my friend's character got it instead and he wasn't in the match. He then lost the title the next day by DQ to the computer. My brother made Venom and Ric Flair hated his guts for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    The arcadey ones were always the PSX ones, the AKI game played like wrestling sim games next to stuff like the WCW/NWO Thunder, the Acclaim stuff, and then the Yuke's games. The N64 games were slower, and focusing on limbs for submissions, or just generally wearing down your opponent for a pin fall were bigger things than in other titles.
    I was actually hoping to hear about other peoples fun memories with the games, not a redundant explanation of the mechanics Im already familiar with. I get it, you really liked the AKI games but Im not going to waste time debating what is and is not considered arcadey with you.

Mighty Member

I had a lot of fun playing around with character creation in Raw 2. The ability to use your own music for the character's entrances really made for some fun entrance videos.

And then, my best friend started experimenting with music for established stars. Our favorite: using KISS' "Lick It Up" for Shawn Michaels' entrance. It was hilarious how much Shawn Michaels movements in his entrance synced perfectly to the song. For example, when Shawn pauses walking down the ramp, spreads his arms, and twirls around to show off his body, Paul Stanley is belting out "It ain't a crime to be good to yourself!"

Another great memory: my best friend was assistant manager at Electronics Boutique back in 1998. Part of his job was trying out games so he could give honest opinions of games. So, one day he brings 5 games with him to my apartment so we could sample them. He pops in "WCW/nOw Revenge" and says, "We'll get this game out of the way first before we move on to the better games."

Five hours later, we're still playing it and having a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    WWF No Mercy & WM-2000 on the N64 are still up there as some of the best wrestling games ever created. I also loved Wrestlemania Challenge for the NES and WrestleFest in the Arcade, but yeah.....tons of phenomenal wrestling games have entertained me throughout the years.

Let's not forget Pro Wrestling for the NES, and Tecmo World Wrestling too. While not affiliated with a pro wrestling company they were still amazing wrestling games.
    Visit the blog @ http://thekingofretro.blogspot com and follow up me on Twitter & Instagram @TheKingofRetro!

I prefer WCW Revenge to No Mercy. I still play the games to this day from time to time, but I think the WCW game has a much better roster... Bret, nWo, Goldberg, Jericho, Ultimo Dragon, Eddie and Dean... it's blinding.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyleSpirit View Post
    I prefer WCW Revenge to No Mercy. I still play the games to this day from time to time, but I think the WCW game has a much better roster... Bret, nWo, Goldberg, Jericho, Ultimo Dragon, Eddie and Dean... it's blinding.
    You named 3 people in the No Mercy roaster though.

Yeah, but would you rather play Malenko against Juventud Guerrera, Ultimo Dragon, Chavo Guerrero etc or against Scotty Too Hotty and Jeff Hardy?