BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    CASSIE LANG FANART TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Magickmarker
    Very funny!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I guess she'll forever be a young avenger as long as the other Ant-Men are around. I hope she gets a chance to break away and become her own character one day soon.
    It would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    It would be nice.
    even if there weren't Ant-Men, she'd still be one of several size-changing female characters vying for the spotlight. i was going to just start another thread. but it might not get many hits. so does anyone have any ideas for how to distinguish Cassie/utilize her long-term? does she just need a new non size-changing powerset/not be part of the Ant-Man legacy? she could always be the new Starbrand. there are also other axes of the Pym particle to explore.

they could always have her be exposed to Mothervine. sounds forced but there is at least one reality where Cassie is a mutant. if she were a mutant, she could enroll at Xavier's school and appear w/o any worry about ant-men. she did absorb the Pym particles at an accelerated rate. and her genes (on scott's side) are supposedly exceptional at manipulating the particles. and she was a sickly child (like Wolverine). so they could use all of that as precedent. they could even say that it was the particles that temporarily muted her mutancy/"stunted her growth." it would correct any problems associated with her having her heart removed.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-27-2018 at 07:42 PM.

floating some new codenames for Cassie (if she were to prefer being a giant)

Big Screen
    Megastar
    Extra
    Zoom Girl
    Aspect
    Epic
    Feature or Featurette
    Focus (if she has the full range of Pym particle powers ex. intangibility)
    Frame
    IMAX
    Jumpcut (if she uses the Pym particles similarly to the infinite mansion)
    Stinger (it is a movie term)
    Vignette (not for Cassie but that would be a bad*** name for a street level female vigilante)

^the idea is to play upon her cinephile character quirk; in an effort to make her known for something. Kamala has her hero fangirlism, inhumanity, and traditional muslim family. Nadia has her mission to empower female geniuses, red room background, and her unfamiliarity of the U.S. I think that Cassie's unconventional nerdiness could be of benefit. plus she's sort of grown up around the costume crowd.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-27-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    even if there weren't Ant-Men, she'd still be one of several size-changing female characters vying for the spotlight. i was going to just start another thread. but it might not get many hits. so does anyone have any ideas for how to distinguish Cassie/utilize her long-term? does she just need a new non size-changing powerset/not be part of the Ant-Man legacy?
    I think the Stinger identity already distinguished her from the other Pym Particle users, because now she basically has the powerset of all of them combined in one, plus the bonus of being able to communicate with various different species of insects instead of just one specific kind, which opens up a lot of possibilities for her. Maybe they can find a way to make her replicate the powers of each insect she can communicate with; that would be something different. I think her powerset is already pretty busy with all of that, BUT if I had to suggest something new, I think it would be cool if she got some tech equipment. Like, the original Honey Lemon from the Big Hero 6 comics had this bag she used alongside Pym Particles; she'd shrink anything she needed and then store it in the bag, which was basically a small portal to other dimensions, and she could pull all sorts of stuff from there. Since Honey Lemon is not gonna appear in Marvel Comics anymore, maybe they could find a way for Cassie to get a hold of the bag, or something like that.

As for Cassie appearing in a long-term capacity in comics, I really don't think this has anything to do with her powerset, but with Marvel just not really being all that interested in the character. The easiest way for that to change is Cassie becoming a hero in the MCU. Marvel Comics would be all over that like vultures for synergy's sake. Also, WE. NEED. MORE. YOUNG. AVENGERS. It's the one thing Cassie has going on for her that no other Pym Particle user can take. Just publish Young Avengers books more often and let Cassie be a regular part of the team for a long time. That's what kept her relevant as a hero in the first place.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 03-27-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Yeah, a new Young Avengers run would be amazing! Cassie is a great character and it's a shame to see her not get much time in the comics at the moment. I liked her in The Astonishing Ant-Man's most recent run.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think the Stinger identity already distinguished her from the other Pym Particle users, because now she basically has the powerset of all of them combined in one, plus the bonus of being able to communicate with various different species of insects instead of just one specific kind, which opens up a lot of possibilities for her. Maybe they can find a way to make her replicate the powers of each insect she can communicate with; that would be something different. I think her powerset is already pretty busy with all of that, BUT if I had to suggest something new, I think it would be cool if she got some tech equipment. Like, the original Honey Lemon from the Big Hero 6 comics had this bag she used alongside Pym Particles; she'd shrink anything she needed and then store it in the bag, which was basically a small portal to other dimensions, and she could pull all sorts of stuff from there. Since Honey Lemon is not gonna appear in Marvel Comics anymore, maybe they could find a way for Cassie to get a hold of the bag, or something like that.

As for Cassie appearing in a long-term capacity in comics, I really don't think this has anything to do with her powerset, but with Marvel just not really being all that interested in the character. The easiest way for that to change is Cassie becoming a hero in the MCU. Marvel Comics would be all over that like vultures for synergy's sake. Also, WE. NEED. MORE. YOUNG. AVENGERS. It's the one thing Cassie has going on for her that no other Pym Particle user can take. Just publish Young Avengers books more often and let Cassie be a regular part of the team for a long time. That's what kept her relevant as a hero in the first place.
    Yeah, Cassie has all the powers of both Ant-Man and Wasp - and though we haven't seen her grow big since she became Stinger, she should still be able to use her old Stature abilities too. Everyone else is missing something. Neither Janet nor Nadia can control insects (Janet's advantage is experience, Nadia's is her science knowledge). Hank, Scott, and Eric can't fly (Hank and Scott both use flying ants to compensate for this).

As for Honey Lemon, that character has already been replaced. One of the supporting cast members from Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat had a bag that could act as a hammerspace.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    floating some new codenames for Cassie (if she were to prefer being a giant)

IMAX
    Can't use IMAX. It's a registered trademark. There's nothing wrong with Stinger anyway.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    As for Honey Lemon, that character has already been replaced. One of the supporting cast members from Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat had a bag that could act as a hammerspace.
    Oh, I know that, but let's be real: that character means even less to Marvel than Cassie. I don't think a similar equipment would be a problem at all.

Nadia pulls shrunken weaponry out of her Pym pockets, as well.

Maybe Cassie could combine the ionic powers with shrinking. She already has a purple costume, just make her more glowy and give her Kirby Krackles.

I figure the reason she doesn't grow anymore is due to some unresolved trauma from when she died.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I figure the reason she doesn't grow anymore is due to some unresolved trauma from when she died.
    To be fair, it's not like we got to see her being a hero long enough again for her to use the full extents of her powers. It's like people completely forgot she was supposed to be Stinger after The Astonishing Ant-Man ended. But what you're suggesting is a very interesting angle to explore. I would love a proper follow-up to how Cassie feels about the events surrounding her death.

can she join the champions or is her power a little redundant compared to miss marvel?

There's not really a convenient way to place her, just yet. That's why I suggested making her a mutant. Bigger issue is her mother. Why would she allow Cassie to be part of a superhero team?

I'd almost rather there just be. Stinger series dealing with her future career as an adult heroine. It doesn't have to be the MC2 universe. I would like to see what she ultimately becomes and who is in the rogues gallery.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-30-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    can she join the champions or is her power a little redundant compared to miss marvel?
    She'd be redundant because Nadia is now on the team.