Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Stinger cassie has been confirmed for the ant-man and wasp dlc for lego marvel 2. (teen version) You don't think she will get powers in the movie do you?

Doubt it. We'd have already seen the suit. I do think it'll happen in Ant-Man 3 though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd expect to see it in an animated series, first.

Would prefer her to be in her Stature persona.

Also still unhappy about lack of X-Men or Fantastic Four characters in the game.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    can she join the champions or is her power a little redundant compared to miss marvel?
    I don't want any Young Avenger to join the Champions, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    There's not really a convenient way to place her, just yet. That's why I suggested making her a mutant. Bigger issue is her mother. Why would she allow Cassie to be part of a superhero team?
    Like people telling Cassie what to do was ever a problem before. Her whole career as a hero started with her going behind her mom's back. And also doing the exact opposite of what Tony Stark and Steve Rogers told her to. She's probably just gonna keep doing that. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Stinger cassie has been confirmed for the ant-man and wasp dlc for lego marvel 2. (teen version) You don't think she will get powers in the movie do you?
    Nice! I don't think this necessarily has anything to do with the movie. She's probably just there by association. Other Marvel games will probably do this too, as in, add characters related to the Ant-Man mythology to their roster in light of the new Ant-Man movie. Here's hoping she'll make it to Future Fight when they have an update for the movie, as that's pretty much the only Marvel game I play.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't want any Young Avenger to join the Champions, tbh.
    Yeah, I don't see why the two teams can't co-exist - DC has two Titans teams. And like I said, it's not Kamala that would make Cassie redundant on the Champions, it's Nadia. She's definitely not joining. Instead, they should bring back YA (everyone except Hawkeye and Prodigy is in limbo at present) and include Cassie on that team.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I would rather read a series taking place in the future; placing Cassie in her 20s. I've seen enough of her as a rebellious child. They could just set the next Young Avengers (but maybe not that exact title) book slightly ahead of continuity.

That would be A-Next then. The Avengers of MC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That would be A-Next then. The Avengers of MC2.
    eh. not really. none of the other Young Avengers, besides Cassie, were present in the MC-2 Universe. I'm talking about fast forwading to a Young Avengers-centric future. I'm not talking about Cassie running her own lab like in the MC2 (she seemed much older and established). it hasn't been set up in the present. I want to see what they'd do with the story now. what would that future look like? where's Wiccan? where's Kate Bishop? what other former members are now around?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm not against stories set in the future, but I think they have to mean something to the present characters. A book that features characters from the future is very likely to just be forgotten and brushed off as an AU afterwards. We just saw that with that future Wiccan on the Doctor Strange book. He had a lot of potential, but it's unlikely anything will come out of it and I can't help but feel like the time they spent publishing a story about him would've been best spent on the version of the character most people actually care about. So if it ever came down to what's best for Cassie, I think focusing on her present self and allowing her to grow as a character should be a priority.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-17-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    eh. not really. none of the other Young Avengers, besides Cassie, were present in the MC-2 Universe. I'm talking about fast forwading to a Young Avengers-centric future. I'm not talking about Cassie running her own lab like in the MC2 (she seemed much older and established). it hasn't been set up in the present. I want to see what they'd do with the story now. what would that future look like? where's Wiccan? where's Kate Bishop? what other former members are now around?
    That's because they weren't introduced in 616 yet - MC2 predates Young Avengers by six years, and Cassie's the only member not created specifically for YA, having debuted at the same time as her Dad in 1979. It is odd they weren't added to the continuity later though, like Anya Corazon was (in MC2, she never stopped being Arana).

Wasn't there a future shown once in which the Young Avengers had reunited as the main Avengers in the future? That had Cassie as Stinger, Wiccan as the new Doctor Strange, and Hulkling as Captain Marvel. Kate was still Hawkeye but now dressed more like classic Clint.

That's because they weren't introduced in 616 yet - MC2 predates Young Avengers by six years,
    yeah, that's why I said that what I was suggesting wasn't A-Next. I don't want it to be a rehash of A-Next. I want it to be something different; not taking place in the MC2 Universe. I don't even want them to allude to that stuff.

and Cassie's the only member not created specifically for YA, having debuted at the same time as her Dad in 1979.
    I have all of her appearances.

It is odd they weren't added to the continuity later though, like Anya Corazon was (in MC2, she never stopped being Arana).
    I'm sure that this is part of the reason why they weren't added. you never know what changes are going to be made.

Wasn't there a future shown once in which the Young Avengers had reunited as the main Avengers in the future? That had Cassie as Stinger, Wiccan as the new Doctor Strange, and Hulkling as Captain Marvel. Kate was still Hawkeye but now dressed more like classic Clint.
    they seemed slightly sinister in that appearance (and realigned with Kang). I would want them to be heroic. but, yes, what I want would be more like that lineup. I think it would be fun to reunite the Young Avengers to see how they've grown. they could even blend the various rosters.

Avenegrs 4 is rumoured to include time travel - and apparently Cassie has been recast with an older actress. We might be getting Stature or Stinger!
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-4-older-cassie-lang/

Avenegrs 4 is rumoured to include time travel - and apparently Cassie has been recast with an older actress. We might be getting Stature or Stinger!
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-4-older-cassie-lang/
    I will UGLY SOB in the theater if the Young Avengers appear in SOME capacity.

UGLY.

SOB.

that's how it should be done.