Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Avenegrs 4 is rumoured to include time travel - and apparently Cassie has been recast with an older actress. We might be getting Stature or Stinger!
    https://www.cbr.com/avengers-4-older-cassie-lang/
    Looks like the actress deleted a tweet of hers that retweeted a Marvel video shortly after these news came out, and her team didn't want to comment on the news when asked about it by the original source, so I'm guessing this is probably true. I really try not to get my hopes up for Young Avengers in phase 4, but come on, it really seems like there is a perfect set up:

- Kree/Skrull war on Captain Marvel, plus rumors about Mar-Vell being in the movie
    - Romance between Wanda and Vision, plus a casting call for twin babies on Avengers 4
    - Eli Bradley almost appearing on Black Panther
    - Clint Barton maybe taking on a new identity, leaving the Hawkeye mantle free
    - Rumors about Cassie Lang being aged up for some reason

I'M FREAKING OUT HERE!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I will UGLY SOB in the theater if the Young Avengers appear in SOME capacity.

UGLY.

SOB.
    SAME, SIS. SAME. I mean, I'm already shaking and quaking here just with rumors and speculation alone, I don't know what kind of things will happen to my body if I actually see it in the flesh.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-19-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Looks like the actress deleted a tweet of hers that retweeted a Marvel video shortly after these news came out, and her team didn't want to comment on the news when asked about it by the original source, so I'm guessing this is probably true. I really try not to get my hopes up for Young Avengers in phase 4, but come on, it really seems like there is a perfect set up:

- Kree/Skrull war on Captain Marvel, plus rumors about Mar-Vell being in the movie
    - Romance between Wanda and Vision, plus a casting call for twin babies on Avengers 4
    - Eli Bradley almost appearing on Black Panther
    - Clint Barton maybe taking on a new identity, leaving the Hawkeye mantle free
    - Rumors about Cassie Lang being aged up for some reason

I'M FREAKING OUT HERE!!!!!!!!

SAME, SIS. SAME. I mean, I'm already shaking and quaking here just with rumors and speculation alone, I don't know what kind of things will happen to my body if I actually see it in the flesh.
    Yeah, Kree/Skrull War and Mar-Vell's MCU debut - and in a story set 20 years ago - certainly makes Hulkling viable. And the twins would be Wiccan and Speed. Clint will be Ronin, which is the identity he initially took on when he came back from the dead after Kate's debut. They can't use Eli, but they could just use Rayshaun Lucas instead. Since neither he nor Kate actually have powers, they don't need a lot of time spent on origin. Iron Lad's still no-go though because Kang is part of the FF rights. They'll probably sub him out for one of the newer teen heroes. Jonas Vision is likely no-go as well due to how Vision's powers work in the MCU (he's powered by an Infinity Stone).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They can't use Eli, but they could just use Rayshaun Lucas instead.
    Because the two black teenaged boys are interchangeable right?

thinking about that casting of an older Cassie, for a second. I wonder if they would introduce Kate Bishop or try to use movie-Clint's actual daughter (Lila). she and Cassie are similarly aged, iirc.

Huh, I just looked it up, and for some reason all three of Clint's kids had their names changed in the movies from what they were in the Ultimate Comics (they don't exist in 616).

Anyway, there's no reason to use Lila. Not only is her comic counterpart just a background character who was killed, they'd need to recast anyway, so it's not a case of saving on the casting process. In which case, it might as well be Kate.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, Kree/Skrull War and Mar-Vell's MCU debut - and in a story set 20 years ago - certainly makes Hulkling viable. And the twins would be Wiccan and Speed. Clint will be Ronin, which is the identity he initially took on when he came back from the dead after Kate's debut. They can't use Eli, but they could just use Rayshaun Lucas instead. Since neither he nor Kate actually have powers, they don't need a lot of time spent on origin. Iron Lad's still no-go though because Kang is part of the FF rights. They'll probably sub him out for one of the newer teen heroes. Jonas Vision is likely no-go as well due to how Vision's powers work in the MCU (he's powered by an Infinity Stone).
    To be fair, we don't really know what's going on with Eli. We don't even know to what extent they supposedly can't use him in the comics (as he has appeared on-page, even if his name wasn't acknowledged), and we have no idea how that translates to the movies. I mean, the fact that he was even being considered for the Black Panther movie is strange if the character was completely off the table. Of course, he could've not have made the cut precisely because they can't use him legally, but that's not the reason the director gave as to why they didn't follow through with the idea, unlike James Gunn who once admitted to a fan they couldn't use Bug on GOTG because Marvel didn't have the rights to that character anymore. So, who knows... but I like to stay positive and think they will be able to use him by the time a live action Young Avengers production begins.

As for Iron Lad, I'm actually not convinced Kang is 100% FOX's property considering his presence in video games and animation where FF characters were completely absent, but even if that is the case, there is always the FOX/Disney merge coming up, so that will no longer be an issue in a near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    thinking about that casting of an older Cassie, for a second. I wonder if they would introduce Kate Bishop or try to use movie-Clint's actual daughter (Lila). she and Cassie are similarly aged, iirc.
    I've seen lots of people suggesting that about Clint's daughter ''becoming Kate'' in the MCU and, honestly, I hate it. Kate Bishop deserves to be Kate Bishop, with her complicated daddy issues and all, which would NEVER work if her father was actually Clint. Cassie already fills the role of the daughter of an Avenger trying to follow on her father's footsteps, so it would be quite unoriginal to do the same thing with Hawkeye.

Huh, I just looked it up, and for some reason all three of Clint's kids had their names changed in the movies from what they were in the Ultimate Comics (they don't exist in 616).

Anyway, there's no reason to use Lila. Not only is her comic counterpart just a background character who was killed, they'd need to recast anyway, so it's not a case of saving on the casting process. In which case, it might as well be Kate.
    I wasn't suggesting that they use the same actress (they aren't for Cassie). I was thinking of how weird it would be to bypass Clint's biological daughter and introduce Kate. She would have more claim to the Hawkeye name, after all.

To be fair, we don't really know what's going on with Eli. We don't even know to what extent they supposedly can't use him in the comics (as he has appeared on-page, even if his name wasn't acknowledged), and we have no idea how that translates to the movies. I mean, the fact that he was even being considered for the Black Panther movie is strange if the character was completely off the table. Of course, he could've not have made the cut precisely because they can't use him legally, but that's not the reason the director gave as to why they didn't follow through with the idea, unlike James Gunn who once admitted to a fan they couldn't use Bug on GOTG because Marvel didn't have the rights to that character anymore. So, who knows... but I like to stay positive and think they will be able to use him by the time a live action Young Avengers production begins.

As for Iron Lad, I'm actually not convinced Kang is 100% FOX's property considering his presence in video games and animation where FF characters were completely absent, but even if that is the case, there is always the FOX/Disney merge coming up, so that will no longer be an issue in a near future.

I've seen lots of people suggesting that about Clint's daughter ''becoming Kate'' in the MCU and, honestly, I hate it. Kate Bishop deserves to be Kate Bishop, with her complicated daddy issues and all, which would NEVER work if her father was actually Clint. Cassie already fills the role of the daughter of an Avenger trying to follow on her father's footsteps, so it would be quite unoriginal to do the same thing with Hawkeye.
    The Young Avengers were not that original. Most are legacy characters. Kate was an odd fit to begin with, imo. She's the only one to steal an existing character's name, at least.

Real Talk: I'm losing my collective shit the closer it gets to Infinity War. Like, its stupid.
    People at my job know that I'm "into superheroes" so its like their go-to thing to approach me about for small talk and this guy walks past my desk and says "Hey man, Infinity next week huh?" and my heart rate accelerated.

omg gurl get a grip, right?

For real though lets you and me meet for brunch and speak on it. < panting>

The Young Avengers were not that original. Most are legacy characters. Kate was an odd fit to begin with, imo. She's the only one to steal an existing character's name, at least.
    Same goes for the Champions.

Young Avengers:

Hawkeye = Hawkeye
    Hulkling = Captain Mar-Vell, though he originally pretended to be a Hulk legacy hence his codename.
    Wiccan = Scarlet Witch, though he initially pretended to be a Thor legacy as Asgardian
    Iron Lad = Iron Man
    Jonas = Vision
    Stature = Ant-Man/Giant-Man
    Patriot = Captain America
    Speed = Quicksilver
    Ms America = Golden age Miss America
    Marvel Boy = ALSO Captain Mar-Vell

Loki and Prodigy are the only non-Legacies

Champions:
    Ms Marvel = Captain Marvel Carol Danvers
    Nova Sam Alexander = Nova Richard Rider
    Spider-Man Miles Morales = Spider-Man Peter Parker
    Totally Awesome Hulk = Immortal/Incredible Hulk
    Viv Vision = Vision
    Ironheart = Iron Man
    Wasp Nadia = Wasp Janet

The only main member who isn't technically a Legacy is Cyclops, who is instead his time travelling younger self. Upcoming new member Snowguard doesn't seem to be a Legacy either.

As you can see, both teams are as unoriginal in terms of powers as each other - it's just that more of the Champions share the originals' codenames.

Same goes for the Champions.

Young Avengers:

Hawkeye = Hawkeye
    Hulkling = Captain Mar-Vell, though he originally pretended to be a Hulk legacy hence his codename.
    Wiccan = Scarlet Witch, though he initially pretended to be a Thor legacy as Asgardian
    Iron Lad = Iron Man
    Jonas = Vision
    Stature = Ant-Man/Giant-Man
    Patriot = Captain America
    Speed = Quicksilver
    Ms America = Golden age Miss America
    Marvel Boy = ALSO Captain Mar-Vell

Loki and Prodigy are the only non-Legacies

Champions:
    Ms Marvel = Captain Marvel Carol Danvers
    Nova Sam Alexander = Nova Richard Rider
    Spider-Man Miles Morales = Spider-Man Peter Parker
    Totally Awesome Hulk = Immortal/Incredible Hulk
    Viv Vision = Vision
    Ironheart = Iron Man
    Wasp Nadia = Wasp Janet

The only main member who isn't technically a Legacy is Cyclops, who is instead his time travelling younger self. Upcoming new member Snowguard doesn't seem to be a Legacy either.

As you can see, both teams are as unoriginal in terms of powers as each other - it's just that more of the Champions share the originals' codenames.
    Yeah, the Champions are not original either. But I was talking about code names, specifically.

Not the point. I just think it's boring to go with the ''daughter of an Avenger'' route with Hawkeye when that's already Cassie's thing within the Young Avengers. Kate was supposed to be the odd fit in the group, and that's what made her great. She was the rich girl that no one expected to be a hero, but she wanted to be one anyway. Characters with different backstories and motivations are good for shaking things up. I just don't see any universe where Lila Barton would be considered more important to the Young Avengers franchise than Kate Bishop.

Not the point. I just think it's boring to go with the ''daughter of an Avenger'' route with Hawkeye when that's already Cassie's thing within the Young Avengers. Kate was supposed to be the odd fit in the group, and that's what made her great. She was the rich girl that no one expected to be a hero, but she wanted to be one anyway. Characters with different backstories and motivations are good for shaking things up. I just don't see any universe where Lila Barton would be considered more important to the Young Avengers franchise than Kate Bishop.
    How could that be Cassie's thing when Kate is the only non-legacy? And we're only talking about the cinematic universe. It is it's own thing. Cassie is no more important to it than Lila. You are talking about a world where SHIELD assembled the Avengers and Hela is Odin's first child.

How could that be Cassie's thing when Kate is the only non-legacy? And we're only talking about the cinematic universe. It is it's own thing. Cassie is no more important to it than Lila. You are talking about a world where SHIELD assembled the Avengers and Hela is Odin's first child.
    To be blunt: I don't give a shit about Lila and I don't want her as Hawkeye in the MCU. That's just it. Kate is the Hawkeye I know and that I grew fond of within the Young Avengers. She is one of the most popular characters to come out of that franchise and definitely the most successful one, being the protagonist of an Eisner-winning book and being the only original member to get her own solo. So yeah, if I have to choose between her and a glorified extra from the Age Of Ultron movie, it's a no-brainer to me. And yeah, I realize this is a different universe where different things happen, but that's a change that woulnd't please me, as it would exclude a great character from the comics. And if you ask most Young Avengers fans, you will probably find a similar sentiment.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-21-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Just got back from Ant-Man & The Wasp. My thoughts on Cassie in the film:

spoilers:
    Naturally served as the emotional anchor for Scott in the film as he was dealing with his house arrest, and when he temporarily abandoned Hank and Hope. It's very nice how she approves of Scott and Hope's relationship, and of course they give nudges and teases towards her comic counterpart's superhero status.
    end of spoilers

MASSIVE SPOILER for what happens by the end of the film:

spoilers:
    Her dad is stuck in the Quantum Realm. Hank, along with Janet and Hope, who were supposed to get Scott out, ARE DUSTED BY THANOS! Makes me wonder how this'll play into the 4th Avengers film with the teenage Cassie and possible Stature appearance.
    end of spoilers