Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I miss the days when people dying or coming back were surprises you got to read in the issue. I really miss surprises in comics...

Only way to preserve the surprises is to stop reading comic web sites....

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Its nice to see that she will be coming back
    The whole premise of the new Ant-Man series is to show a single dad who is a superhero. It will be fun to seeing them team up, I can imagine ant size Scott on the nose of a giant size Cassie.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Isn't Newsarama the only site that called Cassie a "co-lead" in the new Ant-Man? It seems a bit premature, especially since the people at Marvel were so hesitant to say much of anything about Cassie's status in the new Ant-Man beyond her being in it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    The whole premise of the new Ant-Man series is to show a single dad who is a superhero. It will be fun to seeing them team up, I can imagine ant size Scott on the nose of a giant size Cassie.
    That's actually pretty hard for me to imagine. An ant sized man on a normal size person is easier to picture though. lol. I have a feeling we're going to get a kid Cassie and she won't have any powers... yet.

BANNED

Double post. Two for the price of one. Gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Isn't Newsarama the only site that called Cassie a "co-lead" in the new Ant-Man? It seems a bit premature, especially since the people at Marvel were so hesitant to say much of anything about Cassie's status in the new Ant-Man beyond her being in it.
    Maybe they have an inside man, who knows. All I know is that it is another reason for me to get the new Ant-Man series.

Plus I think it is most likely the actual Cassie coming back and not a younger version. BTW I've noticed that there's not a lot of fan art on this thread. I will have to find some out.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Also I think the start of her return might be beginning in Avengers World #16
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Yep Cassie returns in Avengers World #16 and I really hope that she still has her powers, if not that would be a lost opportunity.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

I hope Cassie gets a lot of focus. She died when she was roughly sixteen, and now her friends have gone and grown up: Billy and Teddy are eighteen, Kate's twenty-one... They've been through and grown a lot since she died. I'd be interested to read about that "left behind" feeling she might experience.

Maybe she and America Chavez could have a connection... Give America a fellow superhero to date.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

I still hope that she has her powers but I can see them maybe not giving them to her so that her father would be at the forefront. What's shrinking and speaking to ants against a teenage girl who can grow to giant size?
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Yep Cassie returns in Avengers World #16 and I really hope that she still has her powers, if not that would be a lost opportunity.
    I hope so too. Hopefully they don't pull a Franklin on her and de-age her for the sake of the story-line...

I still hope that she has her powers but I can see them maybe not giving them to her so that her father would be at the forefront. What's shrinking and speaking to ants against a teenage girl who can grow to giant size?
    A bigger target. Scott can turn giant too, FYI.

But yes, keep in mind that the title of the book is "Ant-Man", not "Stature." Scott's going to be the main star, not Cassie.
    Last edited by Harpoon; 12-11-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    A bigger target.

But yes, keep in mind that the title of the book is "Ant-Man", not "Stature." Scott's going to be the main star, not Cassie.
    She will be in it on a regular basis. Maybe Cassie still has her powers but will be trying to have a normal life. Also here is some fanart since this thread needs it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    Till All Are One

Ultimate Member

It'd be a HUGE wasted opportunity if they DON'T go with the whole "father/daughter super-hero team" angle. We almost never see that in comics and an opportunity like this rarely presents itself. To not go there, and instead do a cliché "father is afraid, so Cassie cannot be a hero anymore" thing would be hugely disappointing.

I am excited. I wonder if they'll give her the same costume or create a new one.