Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Juan678 you are so AWESOME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Magickmarker
    LOL!!! Thanks for sharing juan678

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

You know, that comic strip of Cassie and Victor reminds me that we never got to see how Cassie dealt with what happened to Jonas in Children's Crusade. I mean, I'm sure SOMEONE told her about it, right? It must have been pretty upsetting for her to come back from the dead only to find out that her ex-boyfriend murdered her then current boyfriend in cold blood. I would like to see her POV on the whole situation.

BANNED

Man, how did I miss that comic strip?

@Drops of Venus, I do hope Spencer returns to develop Cassie more.

Yeah, I'd be down for Spencer writing Cassie again. I REALLY loved that issue of The Astonishing Ant-Man focused on her. It was very nostalgic for Young Avengers fans. Spencer had me at the moment he rememered Cassie is supposed to be Kate's best friend; very few people remember that these days, specially with the AmeriKate friendship being all the rage and stuff. If not in another Ant-Man book, then at least I want Cassie back with the Young Avengers. I just really want her to interact with her friends again.

I'd be down with Spencer writing Cassie again, moreso then I would writing her dad again. Though Scott in a supporting role for Cassie as a hero seemed to be how things were developing anyways...

I actually thought things were building up to an Ant-Man & Stinger book, which would be a great idea, IMO. But I don't know, I guess if it were to happen, it would've by now. Or maybe they're saving it for Legacy; it would actually fit perfectly with the theme. Or maybe they're saving it for next year when the Ant-Man sequel arrives; but I'm just afraid that movie synergy will dictate that Nadia should be the one they'll be pushing and not Cassie.

I prefer a new writer take a hold of Scott and Co. Spencer took way too long with the Small Time Crook stuff and just kept treating him like a loser far too many times.

I do hope Cassie is still a hero in the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I actually thought things were building up to an Ant-Man & Stinger book, which would be a great idea, IMO. But I don't know, I guess if it were to happen, it would've by now. Or maybe they're saving it for Legacy; it would actually fit perfectly with the theme. Or maybe they're saving it for next year when the Ant-Man sequel arrives; but I'm just afraid that movie synergy will dictate that Nadia should be the one they'll be pushing and not Cassie.
    Synergy would NOT be a good thing here. It makes no sense for Scott to work with Nadia when Cassie has the same powers. Saying that though, the two girls are about the same age, so it'd be interesting to see them interact... they could always use both together, calling the comic Ant-Man and the Wasps. Cassie is a Wasp in the same way that Silk is a Spider-Woman (as in Spider-Women).

Well, that's how synergy works sometimes: it doesn't have to make sense as long as they're promoting what the movies are doing. Just look at the out of the blue makeover some GOTG characters got in looks, personality AND story.

It's just Nadia hogging the spotlight at the expense of Cassie that worries me, specially because I feel like this is already sort of happening with Janet, which is understandably pissing off her fans. I'm not against Cassie and Nadia co-existing, though. I would like if they got to be on a title together and maybe even bond over the fact that they are Wasp-like heroes who are daughters of Ant-Men. I feel like Cassie would probably fit in well with the whole G.I.R.L. club thing Nadia is promoting in her book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Synergy would NOT be a good thing here. It makes no sense for Scott to work with Nadia when Cassie has the same powers. Saying that though, the two girls are about the same age, so it'd be interesting to see them interact... they could always use both together, calling the comic Ant-Man and the Wasps. Cassie is a Wasp in the same way that Silk is a Spider-Woman (as in Spider-Women).
    So Cassie can lose any more time being showcased to somebody else? No thanks!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I personally don't see why they would push Nadia more for movie synergy because, other than being Hank Pym's daughter (and in a very different way than in the movies), she has almost nothing to do with Hope. At least Cassie is a character (even a very minor one) in the film, so it honestly makes more sense to have it be an Ant-Man & Stinger book. Or like someone mentioned, maybe they could do an "Ant-Men And The Wasps" book that brings together everyone (Hank, Scott, Eric and Janet, Cassie, Nadia).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I personally don't see why they would push Nadia more for movie synergy because, other than being Hank Pym's daughter (and in a very different way than in the movies), she has almost nothing to do with Hope. At least Cassie is a character (even a very minor one) in the film, so it honestly makes more sense to have it be an Ant-Man & Stinger book. Or like someone mentioned, maybe they could do an "Ant-Men And The Wasps" book that brings together everyone (Hank, Scott, Eric and Janet, Cassie, Nadia).
    Ok I want that

But she's basically their Hope stand-in, which is why she was introduced in the first place and probably played a part in her getting a solo book.

She's like Fury Jr. in that regard.

I do like you idea of an Ant-Men and Wasps book though (preferably not written by Nick Spencer) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But she's basically their Hope stand-in, which is why she was introduced in the first place and probably played a part in her getting a solo book.

She's like Fury Jr. in that regard.

I do like you idea of an Ant-Men and Wasps book though (preferably not written by Nick Spencer) .
    Exactly. Mark Waid openly admitted that MCU Hope is what prompted the creation of Nadia. So even if she is a different character, her very existence was based on synergy, and I wouldn't be surprised if she continues to be used as such every time something relevant happens to the MCU Wasp, like a movie coming out.

But yeah, Cassie being a character in the MCU is something that gives me hope that they might push her a little in the comics side as well, but I guess that'll depend mostly on what is going to be her role in the MCU going forward. If she actually becomes Stature/Stinger at some point, then the odds of her getting a bigger role as a hero in comics would probably be better.

Anyway, I third the idea of a book with all of the Pym-Particle heroes. They could call it Ant-Squad.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-14-2017 at 02:23 AM.

Incredible Member

I'm still predicting the fact that Antman and Wasp will probably end with Scott and Hope starting to plan out a costume for Cassie.