Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Catch me up: Why is Val with Doom?

I only picked up the FF with the recent launch I have always had mixed feelings about the team. (like Ben and Sue and not so much Reed and Johnny)

I noticed Val is in the custody of Doom which seems a little odd. I know I probably have to go back and read the last 50 issues to fully get it but in a nutshell why is she there.

Spectacular Member

In Fraction's run, the team was being destroyed by their powers. Like, their cells were breaking apart and stuff. Reed found about it first and of course didn't tell anyone. He took the family on a space trip to find a cure, but didn't tell them that was why they were doing it and said they were going on a vacation. Eventually everyone found out. Val was mad so she went to live with Doom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    In Fraction's run, the team was being destroyed by their powers. Like, their cells were breaking apart and stuff. Reed found about it first and of course didn't tell anyone. He took the family on a space trip to find a cure, but didn't tell them that was why they were doing it and said they were going on a vacation. Eventually everyone found out. Val was mad so she went to live with Doom.
    She also has faith in Doom like no one else does.
    She wants him to be the good man she knows that he can be.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I think it's possible that they will always have a mystical bond that was started when Doom delivered Valeria when Sue started to experience the same difficulties she had with Franklin. But future Val seems to be the source of a lot that faith when she came back into the past to visit her younger self. Both Val and Franklin were given the cryptic message "All Hope Lies with Doom". After this visit, young Valeria visited Doom in Latveria without her parents' knowledge and began their secret alliance.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    She also has faith in Doom like no one else does.
    She wants him to be the good man she knows that he can be.
    I wonder how she's gonna react when she finds out he's starring in a big villain event soon.

BANNED

I wonder how she's gonna react when she finds out he's starring in a big villain event soon.
    There's probably more to AXIS than we know.
    I'm thinking Skull could be controlling his team OR everyone has a motive.

Doom isn't one to follow, you know?

Thanks. So her friendship with Doom started under Hickman's run? I know Doom worked with the FF for a bit so I am guessing they got closer then?

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

It makes NO SENSE whatsoever that one of Sue and Reed's kids are with Von Doom!

You can write whatever you wish to write but it is just plain stupid. The FF (if they really existed) would never let Doom baby sit their real kids!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    It makes NO SENSE whatsoever that one of Sue and Reed's kids are with Von Doom!

You can write whatever you wish to write but it is just plain stupid. The FF (if they really existed) would never let Doom baby sit their real kids!
    What are you talking about?
    Only Val is with Doom and it DOES make sense if you read the title.
    Val and Doom have a report that developed during Hickman's run.

On top of that even though she's three, she's almost as smart as Reed.
    Because of this she's allowed to make her own decisions and has.

Even though Sue and Reed might disagree.

The rest of the kids are with SHIELD at camp Hammond being looked after by Jim Hammond the original Human Torch.

The bargain between them was struck in Fantastic Four #583,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The bargain between them was struck in Fantastic Four #583,

Love that scene.

Love that scene.
    I liked this scene also but I wish Epting had drawn this one too...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I liked this scene also but I wish Epting had drawn this one too...

Everyones faces scared me. lol

BANNED

LOL! At least with Robinson, we might actually find out, instead it getting ignored entirely.

What are you talking about?
    Only Val is with Doom and it DOES make sense if you read the title.
    Val and Doom have a report that developed during Hickman's run.

On top of that even though she's three, she's almost as smart as Reed.
    Because of this she's allowed to make her own decisions and has.

Even though Sue and Reed might disagree.

The rest of the kids are with SHIELD at camp Hammond being looked after by Jim Hammond the original Human Torch.
    I have to disagree with this. Being smart, doesn't mean she isn't a child who has very little experience of the world or self control. If being smart is the criteria for making your own decisions, then most of the Future Foundation shouldn't be 'under the care' of the FF or guardians -- they should be making their own way.

A big part of parenting is doing what's best for the child, not indulging their every immature whim. I thought Hickman did a great job of showing Sue and Reed doing that while Franklin and Val were trying to seek their own way. I didn't read half of Fraction's run, so maybe there's a reason shown there. Or maybe Robinson just hasn't shown us yet -- like the red uniforms -- at least I hope so. Cause I totally disagree that either Sue or Reed would knowingly allow Val to go live Doom.

There's also the problem that Reed Richards really could use another super-intelligence to help him in the Illuminati because they are facing the end of the Multiverse, so Valeria should be brought into the loop as soon as possible.