Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Fiegel View Post
    I wonder how she's gonna react when she finds out he's starring in a big villain event soon.
    Hopefully she'll feel as stupid as I know her to be.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

A strong leader can make things good or bad. Doom is a strong leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Of course comics are going to handle politics, economic engines, etc in a simplified manner. Just think of the CEO of a large corporation. Corporate giants like a Bill Gates and his partners had to not only know their technology but became business men also, or they put people in place to handle that role. But the company policies, etc are still guided by them. A CEO may make the decisions, come up with strategies, make policy etc. In the same respect Doom lets his underlings take care of the details and he's done this before. He even had Reed along with some other scientists unknowingly work for him to implement his plans on the Solartron complex in FF#196-200. It's also consistent with how he handled things in Doom 2099 when he returned to Latveria and then briefly became President of U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Hopefully she'll feel as stupid as I know her to be.
    I would imagine Doom in Axis is be comparable to him being a part of the Cabal in Dark Reign. I think the he's potentially going to be as much of a problem for Skull as he might be for the heroes, so from Val's perspective I honestly doubt it'll be that big a deal one way or the other.

BANNED

Also as noted the rest of the kids are in the hands of the US government. I'd be very surprised if they weren't dissected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Also as noted the rest of the kids are in the hands of the US government. I'd be very surprised if they weren't dissected.
    Under Human Torches care, I'm sure they will be fine.

Though I'm sure if you're Sue you're just as worried over them as you are of Val, if not moreso. Val, despite being in a potentially dangerous situation, I believe has things under control.

BANNED

A strong leader can make things good or bad. Doom is a strong leader.
    and when he isn't, he just rewrites history or bullies people into cooperation.

BANNED

Strong leaders do that too. A strong leader isn't necessarily a good leader. A strong leader cares about success at all cost, a good leader cares about success and knows what the meaning of success is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    and when he isn't, he just rewrites history or bullies people into cooperation.

BANNED

I'm not worried about Val. Doom may have his faults but he doesn't have the record that the government in the mu has. Remember the last group of kids at Camp Hammond and what they went through? They were under Tigra's and Hank (skrull but doing his best Hank imitation) and neither of them could stop Gyrich from bringing in the Taskmaster. If the kids are useful as experimental fodder I'm sure that Sue knows quite well that they'll be experimented on or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Under Human Torches care, I'm sure they will be fine.

Though I'm sure if you're Sue you're just as worried over them as you are of Val, if not moreso. Val, despite being in a potentially dangerous situation, I believe has things under control.

BANNED

I'm not worried about Val. Doom may have his faults but he doesn't have the record that the government in the mu has. Remember the last group of kids at Camp Hammond and what they went through? They were under Tigra's and Hank (skrull but doing his best Hank imitation) and neither of them could stop Gyrich from bringing in the Taskmaster. If the kids are useful as experimental fodder I'm sure that Sue knows quite well that they'll be experimented on or worse.
    what was wrong with Taskmaster being there? he was good enough to train U.S.Agent. that stuff at Camp Hammond happened because of skrulls. it's not like the government did something stupid like put Tigra, Quicksilver, and Pym in charge of at-risk youth.

Extraordinary Member

The dumbest of those kids is a functional demi god with average intellegence(Franklin), the next
    dumbest is very bright and has gravity powers (Alex Power).

The rest of them are uber-geniuses.

Bently started out as a lab rat.

Its not like the Government is going to get him to ever be a lab rat again.

The folks at Camp Hammond will be luckly if those kids don't level the place outright to escape (or just to prove that they aren't to be messed with, in Bentley's case).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post

proof of Val's immaturity
    Beg to differ. They needed a fully functioning Dr. Doom to buy some time against the Celestials that decimated the Council of Reed Richards from alternate universes. She saw the bigger picture that others did not, as she set up Doom to sacrifice himself.... something Doom rarely does for anyone else.

BANNED

Maybe, but I'd bet that Val is safer with Doom than the rest of the kids are with the US government. After all isn't the FF due to be canceled for a while? What better way to do that than to take out the kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The dumbest of those kids is a functional demi god with average intellegence(Franklin), the next

The folks at Camp Hammond will be luckly if those kids don't level the place outright to escape (or just to prove that they aren't to be messed with, in Bentley's case).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    What caused Doom to receive brain damage? I don't remember it happening during Hickman's early issues.
    Doom was one of the world's 7 (8?) smartest people targeted by the Intelligencia. They gave him brain damage out of jealously and a fiendish plan to take over the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deprive View Post
    Doom was one of the world's 7 (8?) smartest people targeted by the Intelligencia. They gave him brain damage out of jealously and a fiendish plan to take over the world.
    you are incorrect. they gave him brain damage because he stabbed them in the collective back; when he was part of the Intelligencia.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

i want to know when Leech became a brain?