Super Moderator

Default INTERVIEW: Kindt's "Dept H" Dives to New Depths for Thrills & Adventure

Matt Kindt discusses shifting from "MIND MGMT" to his next long-form comics work - an underwater suspense thriller titled "Dept H."

Full article here.

Incredible Member

Maybe this is closer to fruition than I first thought. I thought this was a good year away, but maybe we will see it this year.

This is the only thing that can properly replace Mind MGMT and I can't wait for it!

Amazing Member

Totally stoked!

I haven't read MIND MGMT yet but I've heard that it's amazing!! And after this this interview im extremely stoked for Dept. H!!! I should really connect with this too being someone who is afraid of the ocean and drowning, and also as a student getting ready to start core classes for a marine biology degree. Hopefully #1 drops pretty soon!

I'm going to check this out for sure. Anybody know a release date? I've been meaning to check out Mind MGMT too, I really need to get the first trade of that series and see what it's all about.

Oh man, I cannot wait for this. Mind MGMT has been the best ongoing for 3 years, so I can't wait to see what he does with this.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Maybe this is closer to fruition than I first thought. I thought this was a good year away, but maybe we will see it this year.

This is the only thing that can properly replace Mind MGMT and I can't wait for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by rellum View Post
    I haven't read MIND MGMT yet but I've heard that it's amazing!! And after this this interview im extremely stoked for Dept. H!!! I should really connect with this too being someone who is afraid of the ocean and drowning, and also as a student getting ready to start core classes for a marine biology degree. Hopefully #1 drops pretty soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    I'm going to check this out for sure. Anybody know a release date? I've been meaning to check out Mind MGMT too, I really need to get the first trade of that series and see what it's all about.
    Kindt said it's coming Winter 2016 in a previous interview during SDCC, sadly

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...over-the-world

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    Kindt said it's coming Winter 2016 in a previous interview during SDCC, sadly

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...over-the-world
    Why even bother announcing it now then? Unless that was a typo and it's really coming in Winter 2015, it's time to forget about this book. I am glad to see Black Hammer is back on track. Hopefully we will see a solicit for November.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Why even bother announcing it now then? Unless that was a typo and it's really coming in Winter 2015, it's time to forget about this book. I am glad to see Black Hammer is back on track. Hopefully we will see a solicit for November.
    Yeah, hopefully a typo. Makes more sense.

Btw, really excited for this!
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song