Page 203 of 208 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3117
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

And why do I still have that feeling that nobody seems to care?

What happens to Marvel specifically with this character?

Why Jason Aaron is not able to take advantage of her decently in his Thor run?

BANNED

Defenders #4 Feb 1973
    The New Defender!
    Amora the Enchantress transforms Barbara Norris into the Valkyrie,

teams up with the Defenders

and turns the Black Knight to stone

Script by Steve Englehart, pencils by Sal Buscema, inks by Frank McLaughlin

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    And why do I still have that feeling that nobody seems to care?

What happens to Marvel specifically with this character?

Why Jason Aaron is not able to take advantage of her decently in his Thor run?
    I think, overall, the two biggest thing holding her back are a lack of presence in outside media and her original character motivations are a little outdated.
    I’m not really sure how popular of an opinion it is, but I’d really like to see her as more of a major villain in the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I think, overall, the two biggest thing holding her back are a lack of presence in outside media and her original character motivations are a little outdated.
    I’m not really sure how popular of an opinion it is, but I’d really like to see her as more of a major villain in the Marvel Universe.
    If that is the justification for the treatment that Marvel is giving to the character, I honestly do not believe it and I do not buy it at all.

That everything is summarized in the theme that she does not appear in any of the MCU movies does not seem at all a justification for the treatment she receives in the comics and it would be terrible, besides a brutal lack of originality if it turns out to be true.

I just wish and I want to read a good comic and that a good writer give her a fair, decent and dignified treatment, besides that it would be fair and respect the character giving her something new that improves her, not to make it go back because for me, that's almost the same as killing her off and making her disappear like what Oeming did in his first issue (Thor 80, just after Jurgens finished his run).

Amora the Enchantress is one of the best Marvel female characters since its inception in the 60s, a woman who unlike other characters at the time, was able to not depend on anyone and was strong and intelligent, since that time until now, nobody can be able to do something interesting with her, it's very unfortunate, there are a lot, a lot of very good ideas to improve and make her go ahead. Why it seems so complicated to do it, it´s really easy.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree that those things should count against her, but I feel like behind the scenes, the powers that be feel those things.

I love the character and would like to see her used more.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, I don’t agree that those things should count against her, but I feel like behind the scenes, the powers that be feel those things.

I love the character and would like to see her used more.
    It's just what I want, but at least with a clear and right direction and getting a good development not like the last two decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    If that is the justification for the treatment that Marvel is giving to the character, I honestly do not believe it and I do not buy it at all.

That everything is summarized in the theme that she does not appear in any of the MCU movies does not seem at all a justification for the treatment she receives in the comics and it would be terrible, besides a brutal lack of originality if it turns out to be true.

I just wish and I want to read a good comic and that a good writer give her a fair, decent and dignified treatment, besides that it would be fair and respect the character giving her something new that improves her, not to make it go back because for me, that's almost the same as killing her off and making her disappear like what Oeming did in his first issue (Thor 80, just after Jurgens finished his run).

Amora the Enchantress is one of the best Marvel female characters since its inception in the 60s, a woman who unlike other characters at the time, was able to not depend on anyone and was strong and intelligent, since that time until now, nobody can be able to do something interesting with her, it's very unfortunate, there are a lot, a lot of very good ideas to improve and make her go ahead. Why it seems so complicated to do it, it´s really easy.
    I feel you. I was expecting a minor mention of her on movies, even in Thor Ragnarok...I like Hela but c'mon Amora IS an incredible asgardian character.
    Pd: If you speak spanish we can talk about it :v

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    I feel you. I was expecting a minor mention of her on movies, even in Thor Ragnarok...I like Hela but c'mon Amora IS an incredible asgardian character.
    Pd: If you speak spanish we can talk about it :v
    Yes, I also expected it, I feel this way for more than 15 years, it is very sad the marginalization that the character suffers in all the senses, and seen the seen, it does not seem that the situation changes.

Many times I have tried to write something to Marvel, Tom Brevoort, Jason Aaron on his twitter ... but I never get an answer, I do not know what else to do.

I am in love with this character since I first read the Secret Wars (First Ones) and Walt Simonson's Thor, my first contacts with the comics of when I was a little boy and I have always been fascinated by the character but I have never understood why nobody did more with all the potential that she had or explained her story.

PD: Yes, I speak Spanish, of course we could talk about it without problem.

As usual, another month of solicitations, and no Enchantress in any place.

More than six months, and still nothing.

Amora powers cool

Nice, but still not convinced on her portrayal in this Avengers show.

Omg where's her skirt? xd

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Omg where's her skirt? xd
    I thought more or less the same, without the skirt or the circle loop's leggings, it doesn't seems her.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Sorry I have been Gone for So long, was sick for a good while back in Feburay and needed time to catch up with reading and projects since.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Just glad to see Amora being included in the Show, glad they got her Headdress down nice but she needs her Skirt and allot more variety of Colors like her costume always has a good amount of yellow in it too, miss that in this version of her.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!