Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseReverseFlash View Post
    Booster is running around with Tim's lost history as Robin in Future's End for a reason...
    Can you explain? As someone who isn't reading Future's End I have no idea what you're talking about lol.

All-New Member

Booster is running around with Tim's lost history as Robin in Future's End for a reason...
    Or is it the DCAU Dick Grayson appearing there? I would have said impossible! But Batman Beyond...

Yes definitely. He's my favorite Robin out of the bunch and it really saddens me to see a tiny retcon talking about how he was never Robin and instead worked as Red Robin. Seriously, change it like it used to be!
    "Batman couldn't make it. Sunshine depresses him." - Tim Drake.

Incredible Member

They should redo Tim's origin. but like Major Hoy said what's the use since Lobdell's doing it. It won't change.

I actually liked Tim's n52 origin, but then again I've never read anything prior from him and the only interpretation of him I know is the one seen on BTNAS. However if Lobdell can just change one thing in the Secret Origins issue it's that he was once Robin.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I agree for the change.

You can keep the aspect of the gymnast but also I like the idea of him being a martial artist before hand. I think he should have his real name back and certainly his parents in WP should be done with, the whole penguin thing seemed dumb. You can easily have it where Tim finds out about the Penguin and the Penguin finds out about him, if you really have to use the WP. Bruce offers him help, and he become Robin for a short time but then opts to change it as a nod to Jason who was before him or something like that. Or when Damian came on the scene. Also you can have Tim help Bruce deal with some issues like in the past. Not sure what else.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I agree for the change.

You can keep the aspect of the gymnast . . .
    Dick clone?

Extraordinary Member

I could see Lobdell having Tim deliberately ape Dick's gymnastic career if he knew who Dick became and that Bruce was Batman; that would actually add some reasoning to the change and make a nice callback. It would still, unfortunately, make Tim look exactly like a Dick clone. Self defense knowledge and natural detective abilities would work much better.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I could see Lobdell having Tim deliberately ape Dick's gymnastic career if he knew who Dick became and that Bruce was Batman; that would actually add some reasoning to the change and make a nice callback. It would still, unfortunately, make Tim look exactly like a Dick clone. Self defense knowledge and natural detective abilities would work much better.
    I also understand that Tim should become good at gymnastics . . . but publically known Olympics-level contender seems to be pushing it a bit

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I also understand that Tim should become good at gymnastics . . . but publically known Olympics-level contender seems to be pushing it a bit
    It's just more taking from Dick Grayson and giving to Tim Drake.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder Wolfe View Post
    Or is it the DCAU Dick Grayson appearing there? I would have said impossible! But Batman Beyond...
    As far a we know, this Terry Batman is from the New 52 timeline. He isn't a castaway from the animated universe.

I'm pretty sure that is supposed to be a time-bent Tim Drake running with Booster. He has the little ninja toed-shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    I actually liked Tim's n52 origin, but then again I've never read anything prior from him and the only interpretation of him I know is the one seen on BTNAS. However if Lobdell can just change one thing in the Secret Origins issue it's that he was once Robin.
    What's the difference here? He was Batman's sidekick, publically known as Robin, who referred to himself as Red Robin, despite public confusion.

The "Red Robin" identity was put in place so Tim wasn't running around pretending to be a kid that died a month ago. He wasn't the 'next' Robin, he was a new take on it. His relationship with Batman is entirely the same. He left town when Damian showed up. Everyone knew Tim as Robin, regardless of what he called himself. Even Damian considered Tim the current Robin when he got rid of him.

What a lot of you can't answer for is the fact that the origin of the name "Red Robin" can't be in continuity anymore. That identity was carried here from Earth 51 by Jason Todd in Countdown. That didn't happen, now.
    Last edited by ReverseReverseFlash; 06-04-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Dick clone?
    Not really clone, just like he did it more as a kid due to just wanting to do something different. Maybe his mom got him involved in it or something. I figured it could be useful in explaining why he didn't need years of training.

As far a we know, this Terry Batman is from the New 52 timeline. He isn't a castaway from the animated universe.

I'm pretty sure that is supposed to be a time-bent Tim Drake running with Booster. He has the little ninja toed-shoes.

What's the difference here? He was Batman's sidekick, publically known as Robin, who referred to himself as Red Robin, despite public confusion.

The "Red Robin" identity was put in place so Tim wasn't running around pretending to be a kid that died a month ago. He wasn't the 'next' Robin, he was a new take on it. His relationship with Batman is entirely the same. He left town when Damian showed up. Everyone knew Tim as Robin, regardless of what he called himself. Even Damian considered Tim the current Robin when he got rid of him.

What a lot of you can't answer for is the fact that the origin of the name "Red Robin" can't be in continuity anymore. That identity was carried here from Earth 51 by Jason Todd in Countdown. That didn't happen, now.
    Red Robin may have come from something else. Maybe Tim took it for the red that Dick wore or Jason even, if Jason had come back while he was running around with Batman. If that's the case and Jason was there to help out some, maybe he took the Red as a nod to Dick and Jason for being his Mentors? That or it's a guilt thing like "Red stains my breast for the crimes I commited and thus I need to be reminded of what I did to my family." God I hope not.

Extraordinary Member

I actually hope the "Red" came as a designation after Damian showed up as a sign of how irritated. Tim was with the situation. The reason behind the name change in the previous continuity was also pretty weak, so I don't see that as too big of a hurdle.

And I think the reason for fans insisting on him being Robin is all about the pride. There's a prestige and legacy attached to that name that even regualr people know, and removing the identity both removes any character evolution Tim may have had and makes him seem like a ripoff. There's a slight legitimacy attached to the title that "Red Robin" by itself doesn't carry.

Still, I'm all about the possible erasure of Tim's evolution. He shouldn't be a peer of Damian, but a graduated hero in at least some respects. Plus, retconning just one or two of his old adventures would kick all his subpar Teen Titans ones to the curb. Jason got some variation of Under the Hood, Dick got his time in the Batsuit, so why can't Tim have some version of his last solo?

BANNED

If Tim has never been Robin, that leaves the door open for him to be Robin: Omega.