Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Taylor Discusses Unsheathing X-23's Claws in "All-New Wolverine"

Writer Tom Taylor tells CBR about putting Wolverine's clone daughter in the title role and continuing her predecessor's fight in "All-New Wolverine."

Full article here.

BANNED

noticed quite the goof up/mistake....at the bottom of the page when the article it ends it says that All New Wolverine will debut in october and since we've already gotten the October Solicits we know that's incorrect....so what's with the false info?

BANNED

Dear Marvel,

Still waiting on Logan's eventual return. Until then, as far as I'm concerned, there is no Wolverine.

Amazing Member

Post the non-conformist-bub !

last I checked X-23 only had adamantium claws her skeleton isnt laced with the metal like her dads was so if she should run afoul of a heavy hitter like the Hulk or Obamanation she could likely be ripped to pieces !

BANNED

what this series could use is a few team ups or two like Logan had with the rest of the Marvel universe. Maybe pairing Laura up with other heroes and heroines could establish her a bit better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by matevenados View Post
    last I checked X-23 only had adamantium claws her skeleton isnt laced with the metal like her dads was so if she should run afoul of a heavy hitter like the Hulk or Obamanation she could likely be ripped to pieces !
    Laura is gonna fight Obama nation? She's gonna need obama care then

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matevenados View Post
    You are right sir! She only has metal claws in her hands and feet the rest are still just bone.

One thing I am nervous about is in the long run Wil we have Laura moments or just Wolverine moments. What I mean is I want to see quiet moments of Laura. I don't want fighting all the time. I love human normal moments in comics. For example x-men playing games or shopping etc.

That said I can't wait to see her new foes. She doesn't have a lot herself really. Kimura is the one that stands out. Also I wish they asked about her role with teen O5. I know solos don't need it but I like to see a sense of continuity
    X-Men Forever

Wait, so Daken is still alive?!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    Wait, so Daken is still alive?!
    most likely. He never died. (I'm not counting the world blowing up)
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

they shouldnt forget Kimura as a villain for Laura

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I really just hope that Laura sounds a little more like herself in this series. Bendis's generic snarky teen voice was the absolute last thing that would ever sound right coming out of her mouth.

I hope this is better than Superior Iron Man.

Do people really want a new, different Wolverine? I get that Marvel had some success with putting the female spin on other heroes, but this isn't Wolverine, to me. I'll stick with the old man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    That said I can't wait to see her new foes. She doesn't have a lot herself really. Kimura is the one that stands out. Also I wish they asked about her role with teen O5. I know solos don't need it but I like to see a sense of continuity
    Thinking of potential rogues:

Characters Laura has already dealt with:

Kimura (Duh)
    Claudine Renko
    Mr. Sinister
    Gamesmaster (not so much a villain, but a tragi-comic suitor obsessed with her)
    Mystique
    The Hooded Woman from her solo
    The demon formerly known as Hellverine (a DEFINITELY villainous suitor obsessed with her)
    The Whirldemons
    Mephisto (she does owe him a favor over Circle of Four, after all)
    Facility remnants

A couple other possibilities due to her "familial" ties with Logan:

Silver Samurai (Shingen Harada II)
    The Hand
    Sabretooth if he ever gets un-inverted (reverted?)

Some non-X-characters I'd love to see her interact with in general:

Kingpin (for a time she was his favorite assassin, and one of her main employers under the Facility)
    Black Widow (they seriously need to have a team-up for more than just an issue)
    Ms. Marvel (Kamala will need to start updating her shipping fics...)

"I think the best Wolverine stories are ones where it's Wolverine against the world; not with a lot of backup or a team of people. That's what we're doing with Laura from the very beginning as well.
    This will be quite a solo book. There will be some familiar faces, and some backup, but we really want to establish that she is the "All-New Wolverine" and she doesn't need help from other X-Men at this phase"

Awesome

It has been quite some time since we got a story where Laura wasn't part of a team or group and I have missed being really into her thoughts and her being the main focus of the story like only a solo can do. Hopefully this will be as good and enjoyable as her earlier solo stories although that is a very high standard.
    "This is me being reasonable"