Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default A Theory On Donna Troy Being REBORN

In Wonder Woman #37, we saw Hecate and the old crown make a concoction out of Hippolyta's remains and a few other things giving birth to Donna Troy. She proceeded to follow their programming and lead the slaughter of all of the males on Paradise Island but what if she wasn't technically "born" then but "reborn"? The solicit for the first issue of Titans Hunt reads:

CONVERGENCE is over, but the ripples are still being felt, especially by a young precog named Lilith. What are these visions she’s having of a Teen Titans team the world never knew? And why does she feel compelled to seek out Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, Donna Troy and an Atlantean named Garth and warn them that something dark and sinister is coming after them? Who are Mal, Gnarrk, Hank Hall and Dawn Granger, and what is their connection to the others—and to the fate of every soul on Earth? This is the Secret History of the TEEN TITANS!

What if the reason no-one remembers this group of Titans is because one of the Titans' villains such as the Antithesis or Trigon slaughtered Donna Troy and made the rest of the team forget about their time together along with making the entire world(universe?) forget about Donna Troy's previous existence? Hecate, being an ancient powerful sorceress could have retained her memories of Donna Troy and fused her soul into the being that came out of her cauldron to torture Diana subconsciously. Could it be that when Diana threw her magic lasso around Donna that it awakened her previous heroic personality which is why is she is in a state of self-disgust over her slaughter of the male Amazons?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

While plausible that Donna was simply wiped out of 'mortal memory' by some enemy in the past, I am not sure I want to give the Finch's the credit of making her return some elaborate scheme of Hecates to stick it to Diana. Mostly because I/we still haven't seen any reason for Hecate to target Diana in the first place (not saying there isn't).
    And while I haven't read it, hasn't Hecate yet to appear beyond the page Donna rose out of the cauldron?

In regards to who did the wiping out? Antithesis... let that one stay dead please DC. Trigon? Honestly, I dont think he would vanish afterwards, not his style, but perhaps Donna gave her life to turn him back. Might have been Raven while under Trigon's sway, since she can tamper with memories. Might even have been Hecate herself.

That would be incredible, Dr. Poison.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    While plausible that Donna was simply wiped out of 'mortal memory' by some enemy in the past, I am not sure I want to give the Finch's the credit of making her return some elaborate scheme of Hecates to stick it to Diana. Mostly because I/we still haven't seen any reason for Hecate to target Diana in the first place (not saying there isn't).
    And while I haven't read it, hasn't Hecate yet to appear beyond the page Donna rose out of the cauldron?

In regards to who did the wiping out? Antithesis... let that one stay dead please DC. Trigon? Honestly, I dont think he would vanish afterwards, not his style, but perhaps Donna gave her life to turn him back. Might have been Raven while under Trigon's sway, since she can tamper with memories. Might even have been Hecate herself.

Well, IF, and I stress, IF, my theory is on the mark, I doubt this was all Finch's idea. I'm sure there was a collaborate effort at DC considering the a good chunk of the Titans are former sidekicks from various DC properties.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Well, IF, and I stress, IF, my theory is on the mark, I doubt this was all Finch's idea. I'm sure there was a collaborate effort at DC considering the a good chunk of the Titans are former sidekicks from various DC properties.
    It's creative speculation, and I like that. Honestly, though, speculation that there's an unannounced "collaborative effort between different comics usually turns out to be wrong. At least, that's been my experience, most of the time. And I think the new flexibility continuity outside the core books may have made collaboration on these versions of the "former sidekicks" less necessary.

Could it be that when Diana threw her magic lasso around Donna that it awakened her previous heroic personality which is why is she is in a state of self-disgust over her slaughter of the male Amazons?
    I don't know; I would think that a vision or dim memory of a "former self" like the pre-Flashpoint Donna would have made her more resolved to redeem herself, rather than making so sure that she is inevitably and always a monster and so willing to entertain the possibility of getting the fates to end her life.

I don't mean to throw cold water, though. Anything can happen.

BANNED

I'm kinda harbouring a desire to see this version of Donna slain or undone before being recreated to better resemble the old version.

Like either a deity appears and considers the current Donna 'undesirable' for his/her purpose and then just tears her apart before putting her back together, same face, new personality.

Or alternatively, we play into Hippolyta's ghost-hood and dust off the old Demeter-blessing the Amazons had for curing poisons; the current Donna eventually returns to Paradise Island to confront either her sisters or just Diana, and is instead faced with Hippolyta who lets the ground swallow her to 'take back what is hers' before disappearing. Later on Hippolyta, alive and well, returns with a 'blank' Donna in tow because she's decided she needed to be made into a proper Amazon. (Helped along by Hippolyta's own guilt over the fates of Denioe and her daughter).

All-New Member

Funny. It reads to me as if the book is going to be taking place in the new/old multi-verse and not necessarily as part of the main books continuity, despite the costumes.
    I guess, I just assumed it was part of the post-convergence-creative-freedom thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I'm kinda harbouring a desire to see this version of Donna slain or undone before being recreated to better resemble the old version.

Like either a deity appears and considers the current Donna 'undesirable' for his/her purpose and then just tears her apart before putting her back together, same face, new personality.

Or alternatively, we play into Hippolyta's ghost-hood and dust off the old Demeter-blessing the Amazons had for curing poisons; the current Donna eventually returns to Paradise Island to confront either her sisters or just Diana, and is instead faced with Hippolyta who lets the ground swallow her to 'take back what is hers' before disappearing. Later on Hippolyta, alive and well, returns with a 'blank' Donna in tow because she's decided she needed to be made into a proper Amazon. (Helped along by Hippolyta's own guilt over the fates of Denioe and her daughter).
    I would prefer if this new 52 version of Donna that the Finches created became Dark Angel. The magically created version is actually a doppelganger for the true Donna Troy that is the second child of Hippolyta and Zeus. That way the Finches can keep their nemesis as they stated in an interview, that this version of Donna Troy would be a great nemesis for Dian. In my version of the story the true Donna Troy was sent to man's world when she was just a baby to protect her from Hera's furry. Hippolyta knew that she could not use the same story she used with Diana, so to protect her second daughter she sent her to man's world with a trusted amazon. Hecate made the doppleganger look like the real Donna Troy to torture Diana and the soul of Hippolyta. She knew that very soon in the future she would Diana would meet the true Donna Troy and battler her, thinking it was Dark Angel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MTroy View Post
    I would prefer if this new 52 version of Donna that the Finches created became Dark Angel. The magically created version is actually a doppelganger for the true Donna Troy that is the second child of Hippolyta and Zeus. That way the Finches can keep their nemesis as they stated in an interview, that this version of Donna Troy would be a great nemesis for Dian. In my version of the story the true Donna Troy was sent to man's world when she was just a baby to protect her from Hera's furry. Hippolyta knew that she could not use the same story she used with Diana, so to protect her second daughter she sent her to man's world with a trusted amazon. Hecate made the doppleganger look like the real Donna Troy to torture Diana and the soul of Hippolyta. She knew that very soon in the future she would Diana would meet the true Donna Troy and battler her, thinking it was Dark Angel.
    I have to say your idea also brings back the things thats always been a problem for Donna; which Dark Angle embodied.

It's true with yours a Donna could remain as an adversary for Diana... but I kinda thought the whole point of all of the Finchs' doing were to redeem Donna? So isn't taking her off the enemies list already in place?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I really like the sounds of this idea. Please let it be so.

I really hope that the continuity from the upcoming Titans Hunt series plays into Wonder Woman. it would mean that Donna debuted as a hero before a mass murderer. Once the original Titans are back and everyone remembers their time together, I hope they stay together as a team and telling the current Teen Titans, "Ok, kids, play time' over. We'll take it from here."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I really hope that the continuity from the upcoming Titans Hunt series plays into Wonder Woman. it would mean that Donna debuted as a hero before a mass murderer. Once the original Titans are back and everyone remembers their time together, I hope they stay together as a team and telling the current Teen Titans, "Ok, kids, play time' over. We'll take it from here."
    If they were heading in this direction, why let Finch and Finch do any of what they've done?

I had this theory, too. I posted something about it in the DC forum. Donna was named rather arbitrarily when she emerged from the cauldron. Naming her Donna Troy would make more sense if the name was given based on the fact that there already was a Donna Troy. And, granting memories of her former life might be the key to her redemption. In the current arc, Wonder Woman vaguely recognizes her. We always assumed it was because she was created using the remains of Diana's mother, but maybe there's more to that.