Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Default Most underrated Image comic

Regarding Image, you always hear tons of praise about comics like Saga and East of west. But what is that comic that is awesome, but you never hear anyone about?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Currently?

Age of Bronze - though it rarely comes out
    Elephantmen
    Prophet
    Savage Dragon
    Stray Bullets
    BB

Mercenary Sea
    Zero? (It does get a lot of love)

Sheltered .

The Bounce.

Zero doesn't sell much it seems, although its fans are still pretty vocal.
    Elephantmen you really don't hear much about, even though it must be succesful since they're like 50+ issues in already right? Just never see it reviewed, no previews appear on CBR, don't see much talk about it on forums and such.
    Clone seems similar to Elephantmen. Again, it's often solicited but rarely hear people talk about it.
    The Darkness is also weird in that it's a pretty popular franchise right? There are games and 100+ issues, but it used to live pretty close to the bottom of salescharts and I've literally never heard anyone talk about it yet.
    Lastly: maybe Morning Glories or Mind The Gap?

Not sure if any of these are underrated or just underreported though...
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

Savage Dragon is criminally underrated. To the point that some folk don't even know it's still published.

All-New Member

I'd say Prophet, mostly because it's great and I have a really hard time finding any reviews or discussion about it after an issue comes out. Probably Five Ghosts as well, to a lesser extent, although it gets good reviews. Zero doesn't sell a lot, but I think it gets a lot of praise and people talking about it.

Toss up between Rat Queens, or Prophet...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    I like your tastes

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    Rat Queens? Just nominated for an Eisner for best new series and has the largest thread in the Image forum. Sales are pretty decent too.

My choices would be Elephantmen and Mind the Gap. Mind the Gap is coming off a 5 month delay so that might have hurt it.

I certainly have to agree about Prophet and Morning Glories, both of which seem to have suffered a little by preceding (or, perhaps more accurately, ushering in) the major boom in Image titles over the last few years, a trend that was launched en force by the critical and commercial success of Saga just after. The same could also be said of other longer running Image books that I don't personally read, like Savage Dragon or Elephantmen.

As for more recent titles, Zero gets a lot of critical love but lacks the buzz other books receive, so too Kelly Sue DeConnick's darkly effervescent Pretty Deadly and Luna and Vaughan's Alex + Ada. But my biggest vote goes to Kieron Gillen's excellent response to Frank Miller's blockbuster 300, the meticulous, intelligent and thrilling ongoing-turned-limited-series Three.