Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Ghosted for sure. The art is great and the story is fun. Initially being solicited as a mini probably hurt it's initial sales but I have a feeling this could be a slowburn hit for Image.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The current PROPHET series is amazing. ZERO is good.

LAZARUS is my favorite, but that gets decent love.

Quote Originally Posted by harpier View Post
    Ah, Bedlam! The first arc in particular I find criminally overlooked.

My understanding is that it is NOT cancelled, and Nick Spencer does plan on continuing the series, but given his current and upcoming output, it may take a while for the next one to be released. Sad, but there it is.
    Thanks for the info.

Need to add Five Weapons to this list as well.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Minimum Wage for sure.

If you like watching Louis CK's "Louie", then you'll dig Minimum Wage.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Don't know about underrated or not, but I buy 3 Image titles every month: Manhattan Projects, East of West and Black Science.

All three are AWESOME!
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Also, Image's other zombie series, '68.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I like your tastes
    Why, Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    Rat Queens? Just nominated for an Eisner for best new series and has the largest thread in the Image forum. Sales are pretty decent too.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyjumpermike View Post
    True. Rat Queens is highly rated. For good reason too!
    Well, I did say toss up.. Anyway, I love Rat Queens, but truth is, it's not as highly rated as other Image books I read, (Saga, East of West, Lazarus) but it's just as good...

Speaking of which, I believe the general consensus, agrees that it's Prophet, which is ashame because, Grahm and Roy have done an amazing job with that property...
    #MagnetoWasRight

...sixteen, seventeen... Fifteen's Avatar

Revival. Definitely Revival. It deserves a lot more praise than it gets.

To me some series that deserve much more attention because they art was/is fantastic, the story are well structured and they are just fun to read, but you never hear/heard about them before:

Out now:
    Mice Templar - Consistently fantastic, and going into it's final arc right now. Wonderful fantasy type story that just happens to have mice and rats!
    Five Weapons - Jimmie Robinson is doing a great job with this title. It's got a little of everything, humor, intrigue, and violence....but not too much violence.
    Alex + Ada - After reading the praise for some of the other Luna books I took a chance on this one when it first came out. I have been really impressed with the story so far. The pacing is spot on, and so far it has never gone the way I thought it would go when I first read the premise behind it.

Not being published right now:
    Proof - Alex Grecian and Riley Rossmo's first ongoing series. Riley's art was fantastic throughout the series...if you like Bedlam or any other books Riley draws and you haven't read this one you should feel bad. And Alex's writing was great too. Loved this story and was very disappointed when it had to end due to lack of readership.
    Dynamo 5 - Jay's book always entertain me. This one was the tale of 5 kids that were concieved by the promiscuous "Greatest Superhero" Captain Dynamo of the Faeberverse. The kids are brought together by Captain Dynamo's widow and trained to be a superteam after his death.
    Noble Causes - Another Faerber book that deserved more attention. It was a comicbook superhero soap opera. While it had superhero stuff going on, it was more about how the family was seen through the eyes of a non-super when she married into the family.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

All-New Member

A Voice in the Dark
    Sheltered

2 of the best books out people!

Revival and prophet for sure

All-New Member

Yeah I was digging it until the Jesus mockery. I just can't deal with that. I thought that was over the line completely. So I'm trading all my issues in. What a joke. (Revival)

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Going by this thread, because I don't have much of a point of reference, I would agree with
    Ghosted
    Mind the Gap
    and ALEX AND ADA!!!!

I really think that Alex and Ada may be the best written comic going, by far. It is astounding.

No one enjoying Sex Criminals? Or is that thing rated? I guess the name Fraction kind of already overrates stuff before someone even reads it, but the series is hilarious.