Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    I will absolutely get A Voice in the Dark now. It is one of those books I always thought about but never took the plunge, probably because my habit ia already out of control.

And what's wrong with voting for yourself? You are too nice.You should say "forget about those other punk hacks! I need your support! I rule!"

I saw you got your start on Kickstarter. I try to back good projects but a lot of time I never hear about them until later. It is odd. Sometimes I find real cool ones, other times I miss the boat. But I will support you now. I like it when writers come on the board. Middle aged nerds like me enjoy the personal touch.
    Enh, it's just tacky voting for yourself. The book IS largely ignored, probably in part because it's black and white, though we're switching to color with the next arc. It's also about the least commercial book I could have made, so that gives me some hope for my future projects.

I hang around the boards, I just try not to get obnoxious in pimping my book. Hope you enjoy the trade!

All-New Member

My vote is for Sovereign, because I don't see many reviews or discussions about it whatsoever. There's not much in the way of epic fantasy in comics currently and this has been a really promising book. It's pretty ambitious too.

Second would have to be Alex + Ada. This is my favorite Image book at the moment.

Drumhellar: Never see anyone talking about it…

Whispers: It was a mini, it's over, but I loved it!!

Revival: Really does deserve more praise than it gets.

ALEX + ADA: I think this is the best comic on the stands at the moment, really needs more people to check it out!!

Those are definitely the most underrated Image titles that I read.
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Amazing Member

Alex + Ada is absolutely the most underrated Image comic and perhaps the most underrated across the board. I just read issues 1-7 last night and was blown away.

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pretur22 View Post
    Five Ghosts, excellent colouring.
    Totally agree.

Going to second ThroughTheMoonDoor's reply --

Sovereign is a very cool book, has a dune-type epic feel and I have enjoyed each issue more and more
    Alex & Ada is amazing. Like an iPerson world come to life.

I wasn't a fan of the art on Alex + Ada, but based on this thread I might have to give this another shot...
    Last edited by Curt Baboon; 07-12-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Guys could I get some help?? I do not want to start a new thread and I figured I'd ask here for a bit of help! I am looking for a Indie comic I heard about, I think it might be the Authority but I am not certain could be from image. I heard about the comic on fresh ink hosted by Blair Butler, back when attack of the show still aired on G4tv. The story was about a super villain scientist who beat a super hero team like the Justice league by making a weapon/ device that prevented anyone from thinking violent thoughts or doing them otherwise they would die of a brain aneurysm I think. This in turn made superheroes obsolete because the radius of the device was the entire planet and prevented basically all or most crime from happening in the first place. Does this sound familiar to anyone??
    Last edited by devil leonx; 07-03-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Satellite Sam is pretty underrated IMO

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Elephantmen you really don't hear much about, even though it must be succesful since they're like 50+ issues in already right? Just never see it reviewed, no previews appear on CBR, don't see much talk about it on forums and such.
    I saw Image previewing this comic at C2E2 like 3 years ago. I thought the art and the concept was really cool, but I never really heard much about it after that. I didn't even realize it was still ongoing.

Deadly Class for me. I haven't really heard much about it, and I'm glad I gave it a shot. I searched for a preview online, and immediately liked the art and the concept. It looked like something I'd be hooked on, and after searching for all 6 issues yesterday, I was right... hooked!

Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    Drumhellar: Never see anyone talking about it…

Whispers: It was a mini, it's over, but I loved it!!

Revival: Really does deserve more praise than it gets.

ALEX + ADA: I think this is the best comic on the stands at the moment, really needs more people to check it out!!

Those are definitely the most underrated Image titles that I read.
    Can you give a summarized one-liners about these to tickle my interest.. I have been looking for underrated titles to check out lately.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by devil leonx View Post
    Guys could I get some help?? I do not want to start a new thread and I figured I'd ask here for a bit of help! I am looking for a Indie comic I heard about, I think it might be the Authority but I am not certain could be from image. I heard about the comic on fresh ink hosted by Blair Butler, back when attack of the show still aired on G4tv. The story was about a super villain scientist who beat a super hero team like the Justice league by making a weapon/ device that prevented anyone from thinking violent thoughts or doing them otherwise they would die of a brain aneurysm I think. This in turn made superheroes obsolete because the radius of the device was the entire planet and prevented basically all or most crime from happening in the first place. Does this sound familiar to anyone??

Maybe this one?

I'm thinking Sex Criminals for the underrated Image title. Mostly because I have heard anyone talk about it on the interwebz.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

personally, I'd say Elephantmen. But I may say Alex+Ada if I read it...(though it seems plenty of ppl talk about it)

Honorable mentions to Manifest Destiny, Sex, Sovereign, Deadly Class, Peter Panzerfaust, and Rat Queens, if any of those count as "underrated", in regards to forum/LCS talk traffic.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

Sometimes things are special because they don't last. -- Zhi, Tales from the Loop