Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FiveGhosts View Post
    Totally agree.
    I must say that Chris Mooneyham's art style reminds me of Klaus Janson's.

Quote Originally Posted by Larime Taylor View Post
    Enh, it's just tacky voting for yourself. The book IS largely ignored, probably in part because it's black and white, though we're switching to color with the next arc. It's also about the least commercial book I could have made, so that gives me some hope for my future projects.

I hang around the boards, I just try not to get obnoxious in pimping my book. Hope you enjoy the trade!
    Larime, I've said this on other boards but love your work. I'm not one to double dip but after getting all the singles I picked up the trade last week just to support the cause. It's a great book and can't wait to see the next arc.
    www.grayhavencomics.com
    For Creators, By Creators

Tough question as I think most of them are deserving of wider attention.

Five Ghosts is amazing. Took me a couple issues to get into it but it's a wonderful pulpy adventure in the style of Tales of the Gold Monkey (if anyone remembers that awesome show). Really one of my favorites now

Mentioned A Voice in the Dark and that's certainly a fantastic title that really needs more attention. First trade just came out

Mercenary Sea is just an awesome concept and I'm really enjoying that one. Great art, as well

I think I'm going to have to go with Alex + Ada though. Favorite new series and while it's getting great reviews it just doesn't get the attention some other books do.
    www.grayhavencomics.com
    For Creators, By Creators

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pretur22 View Post
    I must say that Chris Mooneyham's art style reminds me of Klaus Janson's.
    Not to derail the thread or anything, but which Janson issues/series should I check out? (besides his work w/ Frank Miller)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FiveGhosts View Post
    Not to derail the thread or anything, but which Janson issues/series should I check out? (besides his work w/ Frank Miller)
    He did Batman :Gothic with Morrison and short story in Batman B&W volume.1 which has been animated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5B2-Vhdp_0

Mighty Member

Just finished reading Heart by Blair Butler. Awsome book.

Quote Originally Posted by GatheringComic View Post
    Larime, I've said this on other boards but love your work. I'm not one to double dip but after getting all the singles I picked up the trade last week just to support the cause. It's a great book and can't wait to see the next arc.
    Thank you very much!

Spectacular Member

Mind the gap, Zero and Stray bullets. Three great titles no one seems to buy (the sales are pretty damn low).

No mention of Thief of Thieves. Sean Matinborough is killing it on that book (and is a hella nice guy too). That and Five Ghosts need far more attention (and sales). I kind of see the Janson aura in Mooneyham's art, but I get a much more Joe Kubert feel/vibe (even down the the way he signs his name on the art) from his work. He is a Kubert school grad, so it's understandable where that influence came from. (As to other Image books I get, Fatale, Velvet and Lazarus I think get attention, but they are good enough to deserve more too).

-M

Quote Originally Posted by Larime Taylor View Post
    Enh, it's just tacky voting for yourself. The book IS largely ignored, probably in part because it's black and white, though we're switching to color with the next arc. It's also about the least commercial book I could have made, so that gives me some hope for my future projects.

I hang around the boards, I just try not to get obnoxious in pimping my book. Hope you enjoy the trade!
    A Voice in the Dark definitely deserves some more attention. Picked up the first two issues at Las Vegas Comic Con just to see what it was about. Was interested enough to pick up the first trade. The 2nd story arc contained in the trade really kicks the story into gear. Really good read and will be adding it to my pull list now.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

All-New Member

Manifest Destiny is amazing and I think it is underrated

All-New Member

i have to agree with you Undertow has fantastic art

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by greenish lantern View Post
    Mind the gap, Zero and Stray bullets. Three great titles no one seems to buy (the sales are pretty damn low).
    Zero get's quite a bit of press, which it deserves as it is fantastic but I wonder if the rotating will put some people off but I would not consider it underrated.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Well, I never do see a lot of chatter about the miniseries Severed

BANNED

I would say Sex is the most underrated Image comic these days.