Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i'm surprisingly very excited for this. haven't been into deadpool in the last few years but him and spider-man teaming up will be aweomse. also the arts amazing

This could be epic, I hope it lives up to the hype.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I have high hopes for this book. Please don't disappoint

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I certainly miss Copycat who was a better companion for Wade. I hope she makes a return to his life once again.
    I forgot about Copycat but I think Outlaw is more suited for Wade.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    You find a way to get your desired pairings into every thread, don't you? I've never seen anybody so obsessed with a comic character's relationships.
    This series will probably sell very well. The ones you suggest are good for single stories, not a series. There's no hook to draw readers back every
    issue
    Of course there is a hook to draw the readers back every issue. A good writer can make that happen. Remember on how a lot of people didn't think that Spider-Man and Wolverine or Spider-man and Dealpool wouldn't work as a team up pair? Look how well the readers respond to those stories? The goal is to create a story where an unlikely scenario occurs, which is the hook of the story that brings the readers coming back for more. Relationships opens the doors to the types of stories yet to be told.

Therefore, I believe that a Spider-Man x Tigra team-up adventure or a Black Widow x Spider-man team-up adventure series would work as well as The Super-Man & Wonder Woman series or Spider-Man & The Black Cat series.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-29-2015 at 04:39 PM.

supersean

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Star View Post
    "Spider-Man and Deadpool may not be the strongest or smartest heroes in the Marvel Universe..." What?! Deadpool may not be inside the smartest "heroes" but Pete definitely is. With a doctorate in chemistry and all the other accomplishment (some of them before even graduating from high school) he has made over the years...of course he's one of the smartest in the Marvel Universe!!

When I first read this line my thought was "Does the writer of this article know anything about either character?" I don't really care though, not everyone can know everything. There are plenty of characters I am clueless about. BUT I wanted to back you up. Parker is genius level intellect, one of the best chemists on the planet. He solved a problem that Reed Richards was stumped by and even Reed said something along the lines of forgetting how smart Spider-Man actually is. On to Deadpool. He is actually the greatest tactician in the Marvel Universe. He is like Jack Sparrow, everything seems like its chaos when in fact its perfectly orchestrated plans 20 moves ahead of anyone else. It is done so well you are left wondering if it was all a master plan or fluke. that is perfect planning.

Quote Originally Posted by supersean View Post
    When I first read this line my thought was "Does the writer of this article know anything about either character?" I don't really care though, not everyone can know everything. There are plenty of characters I am clueless about. BUT I wanted to back you up. Parker is genius level intellect, one of the best chemists on the planet. He solved a problem that Reed Richards was stumped by and even Reed said something along the lines of forgetting how smart Spider-Man actually is. On to Deadpool. He is actually the greatest tactician in the Marvel Universe. He is like Jack Sparrow, everything seems like its chaos when in fact its perfectly orchestrated plans 20 moves ahead of anyone else. It is done so well you are left wondering if it was all a master plan or fluke. that is perfect planning.
    Loved your answer.

BANNED

Peter is more Jack Sparrow than Wade, Wade is like indiana jones.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    Peter is a drunken, lying pirate?

Soooooo do we now have a kinder gentler Deadpool running around? Or is he still the ultra violent murdering crazy guy that was popular years ago?

Because... what the heck?!? Spidey has trouble teaming up with Punisher and he at least has a 'Only kill bad guys' code where Deadpool was always a mercenary doing things for cash or fun.... Pete's not going to brush off the fact he just blew a guys head off because he matched one-liners with him...

But not only Spider-man... but he's on a team led by Steve Rogers??? Has something drastically changed with Deadpool... or with EVERYTHING else about Marvel?!? How much did this Secret War screw with things?!?

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valjean999 View Post
    Gave up on Deadpool years ago, but Joe Kelly coming back to the character makes its very tempting to make a brief return...
    Joe Kelly was the best Deadpool writer. He kept the comedy and drama in perfect balance. Wade gradually become too much of a Bugs Bunny type character after the 90's. I'm pretty tempted to pick this up too.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    I don't think I'd make that comparison, but if I did, I'd switch it around. Indy is heroic and committed to an educational pursuit, similar to Spider-Man (though Pete is probably committed to helping people first and educational pursuits second). Jack is drunken scoundrel looking to make a buck, but still has some redeeming qualities, like Wade. But, maybe you see it differently than I do. What made you think to make this comparison?
    Last edited by August_Gorman; 10-03-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."