Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Are we really debating with Rlaam? Who I remember vividly saying Bobby never wore girl clothes or acted like a girl? Cause that automatically disqualified him from having anything to say about someone's sexuality.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    There's no "issue" with being straight. It's completely normalized behaviour.

That's why people who perceive a character to be sexually fluid due to subtext are defending their stance. It's erasure that straight people don't have to face since they're already the normal. Hence the inherent false equivalency of asking "Do you have issues with Storm being straight?" as if it's the same as asking "Do you have issues with Strom being bi?".

So to answer your question / concern / whatever: No the fans don't have a problem with her being straight, they have a problem with a potential other case of bi-erasure. Especially right after that whole Hercules debacle.
    Hercules isn't Ororo... And, last time I checked "potential" is defined as the possibility of becoming something as opposed to "being" something...

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Hercules isn't Ororo... And, last time I checked "potential" is defined as the possibility of becoming something.
    Uh yeah... ?

It's better not to answer if you don't have a counterpoint.

js

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Are we really debating with Rlaam? Who I remember vividly saying Bobby never wore girl clothes or acted like a girl? Cause that automatically disqualified him from having anything to say about someone's sexuality.
    Well i was thinking bisexual is the more accurate term than gay for Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Well i was thinking bisexual is the more accurate term than gay for Iceman.
    You were debating zilch.

You just trotted out a homophobic stereotype.

BANNED

You were debating zilch.

That's what homophobes and biphobes do.

BANNED

You were debating zilch.

Im sure there are different levels/types/classes. Im just not sure where to put Iceman but i believe gay is a very broad term so i was thinking Bendis should have been more specific.

Im sure there are different levels/types/classes. Im just not sure where to put Iceman but i believe gay is a very broad term so i was thinking Bendis should have been more specific.
    Gay is a very specific term.

Not sure what you're on ?

BANNED

Uh yeah... ?

It's better not to answer if you don't have a counterpoint.

js
    You answered my question and I responded accordingly... What need was there for a counterpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    You answered my question and I responded accordingly... What need was there for a counterpoint?
    The answer brought nothing to the discussion. When that's the case, it is better skipped.

Anyways, you seem to have trouble with the basics of argumentation, so I'll leave you with your thoughts...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Truth and tea go together.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Marvel isn't a person with one voice. It's a corporation controlled by a bigger corporation. So the way you phrase your question is problematic.
    You know this yet you choose to base your answer to DDD's question on the actions of one (or maybe two) writer(s)?

This is why I said Storm is hetero because she's currently portrayed by Marvel in heterosexual romantic relationships until they decide otherwise.

Nuff said. Gimme No-Prize.

BANNED

No gay has a specific definition. A man who wears women clothes does not mean that you are gay. You might be anyway, but it is not a given. There are other definitions for other types of sexuality or behavior. Its called LGBT for a reason and not just gay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You know this yet you choose to base your answer to DDD's question on the actions of one (or maybe two) writer(s)?

This is why I said Storm is hetero because she's currently portrayed by Marvel in heterosexual romantic relationships until they decide otherwise.

Nuff said. Gimme No-Prize.
    Because those two writers wrote that she was and doesn't make her straight just because she's single right now and not in a relationship. When a character is bi that means they can date more than one gender. They don't stop being bi because they are dating someone that is a different gender.
    Last edited by Arya; 08-06-2015 at 09:27 AM.

BANNED

Gay is a very specific term.

Not sure what you're on ?
    Hmmm. I think there are degrees. Im not going to talk further on this cos i might be misunderstood/misinterpreted or worst, make a mistake.