Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast
    BANNED

I think Greg Pak pretty much solidified their complicated friendship.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I think Greg Pak pretty much solidified their complicated friendship.
    exactly.

10char.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

There was nothing there that Pak undid. He just didn’t mention it. Not the same at all.

What he did specifically mention was her not being a goddess and never really worshipped as one. So if you want to claim him as your source I guess you have to accept both.

BANNED

I never suggested that he undid anything in regards to Yukio. He added layers of complications to their relationship. He also tried to make sense of her goddess days before Xavier in his own way. There’s no need to throw his work under the bus. After all, there are still nonbelievers within Wakanda and without who doubt her goddess heritage. That’s both in universe and out as well. Coates made it a thing newfound agency for her character. Despite the many desires of the few to see it stripped from her, Marvel has already acknowledged it in a major way. I believe she is a bisexual, I believe she is a goddess, I believe she is a black woman, I believe she would choose her own path in a world where mutants don’t all think alike and I believe she would hold both Wakanda and Krakoa in high esteem given what they both mean to the people who live there and the culture they intend to preserve.

BANNED

I didnt read Pak solo but what was complicated about Callisto having her tentacles all over Storm naked body in a hot tub? Seems pretty straightforward.

BANNED

Who spoke of complications is regards to Callisto and her tentacles and hot tub? I'm certain you were the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    There was nothing there that Pak undid. He just didn’t mention it. Not the same at all.

What he did specifically mention was her not being a goddess and never really worshipped as one. So if you want to claim him as your source I guess you have to accept both.
    Pleass read Black Panther 172.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I never suggested that he undid anything in regards to Yukio. He added layers of complications to their relationship. He also tried to make sense of her goddess days before Xavier in his own way. There’s no need to throw his work under the bus. After all, there are still nonbelievers within Wakanda and without who doubt her goddess heritage. That’s both in universe and out as well. Coates made it a thing newfound agency for her character. Despite the many desires of the few to see it stripped from her, Marvel has already acknowledged it in a major way. I believe she is a bisexual, I believe she is a goddess, I believe she is a black woman, I believe she would choose her own path in a world where mutants don’t all think alike and I believe she would hold both Wakanda and Krakoa in high esteem given what they both mean to the people who live there and the culture they intend to preserve.
    My point wasn’t to negate or discredit Pak’s run. It was that if people are trying to use him as an example of not showing Storm/Yukio as a love interest in his story as some sort of proof than they should also except all the other parts. I enjoyed his run for the most part but he definitely made it a point to show her as a woman and not a goddess.

Also people should be able to accept another writer such as Coates stating she is a Goddess later the same way that Frank Tieri did about Storm being bi.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    My point wasn’t to negate or discredit Pak’s run. It was that if people are trying to use him as an example of not showing Storm/Yukio as a love interest in his story as some sort of proof than they should also except all the other parts. I enjoyed his run for the most part but he definitely made it a point to show her as a woman and not a goddess.

Also people should be able to accept another writer such as Coates stating she is a Goddess later the same way that Frank Tieri did about Storm being bi.
    Okay. We agree for the most part. I do believe that Pak aimed to highlight the woman and minimize the goddess. I don’t believe that it runs counter to what Coates has done with her. He highlights the woman as well. He uses the characters around her to elevate her in that way. She actively chooses to fight like hell to claim her humanity and womanhood. She really doesn’t care whether or not people call her a goddess. I fully believe she believes T’Challa when he tells her tho. She just wants to hold on to the love they share, titles be damned.

BANNED

Who spoke of complications is regards to Callisto and her tentacles and hot tub? I'm certain you were the first.
    Cool long as we're all on the same page this was the comicbook equivalent of Callisto fingering Storm we good.

BANNED

You’re a whole mess. The entire thing!

has ororo ever even kissed yukio on panel lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Not that I can recall. Greg Pak made it canon that Yukio lies and manipulates Ororo kinda like T’Challa does.

Not that I can recall. Greg Pak made it canon that Yukio lies and manipulates Ororo kinda like T’Challa does.
    lolol. and to add to this. yukio and Logan were f@ck buddies. that is something proven by canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol. and to add to this. yukio and Logan were f@ck buddies. that is something proven by canon.
    I’m hollering! You are a big mess and I love it!