Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I hate to say it but I agree with that. Even with implications that she can be bisexual and can be read as such without changing anything in the books, as long as she doesn't identify, it's up in the air.
    Claiming she is straight is the same, though.
    Well at least we've seen Storm having relationships with men. So she's more likely straight.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    I'll go out on a limb here and say RLAAMJR cares because if a "MOD" did agreed with him in any form or fashion he ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶would declare himself indisputably correct in his analysis of Ororo's sexual preference(s)
    Lol. It really depends on the mods answer. Hehehe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Snopes It's weird that you want proof. It's obvious to most people.
    Sounds like there is none.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Aha, but they did allow it. All the not-so-subtle on-panel indications that Storm is bi passed a Marvel editor. So it's officially Marvel-approved and thus canon.

And c'mon. Wein wrote Storm hby imself for one appearance before handing her to Claremont. Cockrum created an interesting visual but it was based on ideas he had for Legion of Superheroes characters. She was Claremont's baby and he's the one who shaped her.

No they didn't .

I read it, and I disagree. We don't need an on-panel, direct announcement from the character to make it bi. Unless we're in denial about all the obvious signs because of some kind of gay panic.
    I see them as bestfriends, like sisters.

I will not believe you considering that you believe in what you call "obvious signs" of her bisexuality yet you don't believe that Storm is a mixture of all races when it's clearly stated on the scan. Inconsistent.

BANNED

Please, if you cannot find evidence wait until someone does, Rlaamjr then we can comment on that. I am asking that of "everyone", thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Err... Isn't that exactly what's being used to support the belief that Storm is a mixture of all races despite the fact that her birth parents are both of Black African decent?

It does in the world of the rabid fan-boy(girl). All one needs to do is isolate a single frame that can be taken "Out of Character" (so to speak), and presto! The deliberate misdirection takes on a life of it's own.
    No, because what's happening there is taking a minor character's uninformed speculation as ironclad proof. It's like posting one panel of the "Look, up in the sky!" sequence to "prove" Superman is a bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Totally ignoring the fact Star Jammer said about Ororo being a ficitonal character hence we actually need the creative team to submit a story about it to confirm her bisexuality.
    Not ignoring it at all, just saying they are expecting more explicit proof than is really reasonable. That rigid a standard doesn't allow for good and subtle storytelling about LGBT characters.

As far as posting proof, Storm had a female lover. Other people have posted pics and interviews that make that clear. I'm m not sure why not sure why I'm expected to waste bandwidth by posting them again.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 07-30-2015 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Well at least we've seen Storm having relationships with men. So she's more likely straight.
    Bisexuality does not exclude having relationships with men.

BANNED

And one relationship with a member of the same sex does not make one bisexual.

Sure, maaaaybe there's evidence of Storm having a relationship with Yukio. But just like one hetero relationship does not make a closet-case straight...

BANNED

It's part of the definition.

BANNED

And again people are missing a key component of sexuality: it is not your right to claim that someone is gay, bisexual, or straight. Taking that away from an individual is wrong.

People want what they want (and that's A-OK), but you don't know what they want until they tell you (or you read their mind ::snicker:: ).

If writers of Storm want to keep the issue open, that's well within their right to do so. It just means there is no definitive proof either way.

BANNED

I know but if you'll always apply that statement, then that's like saying I can't say my mom and dad are straight because bisexuality does not exclude getting married and having children.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    By the same logic... please post the scan where Storm claims she's straight Or does your lecturing only go one way? I mean you have people in this thread CLEARLY against the idea of her being bisexual because they have issue with all things LGBT, and yet you lecture the LGBT posters? REALLY? A poster called Storm coming out as bisexual "cheapening" the character; where is your indignity to that? Where is your soap box, now? I thought so... Good to see you've got your priorities str8 ('scuse the pun)

Cyclops didn't claim that he's straight. Batman didn't claim that he's straight. Thor didn't claim that he's straight. Rogue didn't claim that she's straight. Squirrel Girl didn't claim that she straight. I won't go on because there's just too many heroes who didn't claim that they're straight.

I know but if you'll always apply that statement, then that's like saying I can't say my mom and dad are straight because bisexuality does not exclude getting married and having children.
    Yes.

Cyclops didn't claim that he's straight. Batman didn't claim that he's straight. Thor didn't claim that he's straight. Rogue didn't claim that she's straight. Squirrel Girl didn't claim that she straight. I won't go on because there's just too many heroes who didn't claim that they're straight.
    Yes.

It's part of the definition.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    And one relationship with a member of the same sex does not make one bisexual.

Sure, maaaaybe there's evidence of Storm having a relationship with Yukio. But just like one hetero relationship does not make a closet-case straight...
    The difference being really few straights are in the straight-closet or in denial and hooking up with the same sex as them.

And again people are missing a key component of sexuality: it is not your right to claim that someone is gay, bisexual, or straight. Taking that away from an individual is wrong.

People want what they want (and that's A-OK), but you don't know what they want until they tell you (or you read their mind ::snicker:: ).

If writers of Storm want to keep the issue open, that's well within their right to do so. It just means there is no definitive proof either way.
    So we can assume whatever we want without imposing one's view, is that right ?

BANNED

No they didn't .

I see them as bestfriends, like sisters.

I will not believe you considering that you believe in what you call "obvious signs" of her bisexuality yet you don't believe that Storm is a mixture of all races when it's clearly stated on the scan. Inconsistent.
    That's because you can't read. You also don't notice your own hypocrisy on this. There are scans that show Storm's line staying in Africa for thousands of years. You know about them and you pretend they don't exist. Please stop typing.

BANNED

So we can assume whatever we want without imposing one's view, is that right ?
    Sure, you can assume what you want. That's within your right to do so as I cannot impose my will upon you. I would encourage you to look up the "golden rule" about assuming, though.

To address my stance (that you're missing, by the way) though, it's not right to assume anything about anyone (regarding ones sexuality).

BANNED

Sure, you can assume what you want. That's within your right to do so as I cannot impose my will upon you. I would encourage you to look up the "golden rule" about assuming, though.

To address my stance (that you're missing, by the way) though, it's not right to assume anything about anyone (regarding ones sexuality).
    This is fair. I don't agree with it but it is fair.