Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's the thing.

You have to do a whole bunch of "In the past"/"Hints"/Implication" hoop jumping to even get to a "maybe" when it comes to Storm and Yukio.

Meanwhile, there is a pretty logical case for that they have a friendship based on things in common.
    The only thing they have in common is a love for clubbing.

That's the thing.

You have to do a whole bunch of "In the past"/"Hints"/Implication" hoop jumping to even get to a "maybe" when it comes to Storm and Yukio.

Meanwhile, there is a pretty logical case for that they have a friendship based on things in common.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    The only thing they have in common is a love for clubbing.
    Incorrect.

Yukio is not a mutant and as such possesses no super powers. She is however a skilled hand to hand combatant with considerable expertise in multiple Japanese martial arts, and an expert with hurling bladed weapons. She is in peak health and an athlete with great agility.

Yukio is known to utilize many forms of weaponry such as throwing knives and scalpel-like shuriken. Yukio is a ronin, a masterless samurai. Occasionally a thief by profession, she has been portrayed as a free spirit with an almost careless disregard for personal danger.

BANNED

Or best friends for that and lovers in the past.
    However, you can't find any scans stating that they're lovers. I did see a lot of "friends" terms for both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    May you consider that same sex relationships were taboo and not done at the time so the most that could be done was implication and hints.
    Because Marvel knows that Storm is straight so they don't want writers to write her differently. And i dont really consider them hints but rather, misinterpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    However, you can't find any scans stating that they're lovers. I did see a lot of "friends" terms for both of them.

Because Marvel knows that Storm is straight so they don't want writers to write her differently. And i dont really consider them hints but rather, misinterpretations.
    Or anything but heterosexuality was/ is still pretty taboo so the idea was never explored. Anything you say doesn't matter.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

Or anything but heterosexuality was/ is still pretty taboo so the idea was never explored. Anything you say doesn't matter.
    That's the thing. If "conspiracy!" is the best counter point that you have, you'll get a "maybe?" out of me. At best.

That's the thing. If "conspiracy!" is the best counter point that you have, you'll get a "maybe?" out of me. At best.
    I don't have a counter point I was giving a reason to the previous poster why storm and yukio weren't romantically involved but still could have been. I was just saying there's a possibility that they could have been together
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

It's also possible that they both grew wings and flew to the moon.

The possibility doesn't amount to much with what has shown up on the page. If anything, everything on the page has pointed away from there.

BANNED

It's also possible that they both grew wings and flew to the moon.

The possibility doesn't amount to much with what has shown up on the page. If anything, everything on the page has pointed away from there.
    Just because you interpret the stuff on the page as being insignificant to Ororo's sexual expression doesn't mean it was. She's bi just accept it and move on.

Just because you interpret the stuff on the page as being insignificant to Ororo's sexual expression doesn't mean it was. She's bi just accept it and move on.
    While it may not, there is nothing to point to that it was. That being the case, why accept it instead of just saying "So far, it looks like she is straight. That doesn't mean it is the only possibility going forward."

I don't have a problem with the possibility. That I don't have a problem with it doesn't make it a fact.

BANNED

If the idea was "never explored" because they didn't allow it, then it never happened.

If ever Marvel plans to change her sexuality, i want them to use the term "pansexual". The"gay" term used to Iceman didnt seem right. I feel that bisexual is the right term for Iceman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    If the idea was "never explored" because they didn't allow it, then it never happened.

If ever Marvel plans to change her sexuality, i want them to use the term "pansexual". The"gay" term used to Iceman didnt seem right. I feel that bisexual is the right term for Iceman.
    It was explored just covertly.

BANNED

why don't you guys just let this thread die?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

If Marvel won't officially confirm Kitty, Magik abd Rachel as bi than they never will with Storm. Those 3 ladies have a ton of suggest content from past issues that made it pretty easy to see that there's far more going on yet Marvel never made it official.

Agreed. Storm is bi; the Earth keeps spinning. The end.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

It was explored just covertly.
    If Marvel didnt allow it but the writer intended to explore it covertly by making a script that can be interpreted diffrently, then it still didnt happen because Marvel only accepted to continue publishing the story thinking that it's not referring to Storm's sexuality. Or maybe Marvel asked the writer to explain and the writer said it's not about Storm's sexuality so Marvel continued to publish it.