Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that was when the xmen were inverted causing them to behave outside their normal behavior. that would make a better case for her being heterosexual than bisexual based on the premise of the entire story. if there were canonical evidence outside of her mind being warped I would have no issue but that isnt the case.
    Their moral code was inverted, not their sexuality. And, despite what some preachers claim, sexuality, as long as it's SSC, isn't a moral issue.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    Their moral code was inverted, not their sexuality. And, despite what some preachers claim, sexuality, as long as it's SSC, isn't a moral issue.
    that's not correct. it caused them to act differently than they normally would. there was nothing about moral code being defined as the determining factor of what was inverted in each of the characters.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-17-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

that's not correct. it caused them to act differently than they normally would. there was nothing about moral code being defined as the determining factor of what was inverted in each of the characters.

It is correct. You just won’t accept it. Again it changed her behavior not her sexuality. Name one other inverted character that acted outside of their sexual orientation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    It is correct. You just won’t accept it. Again it changed her behavior not her sexuality. Name one other inverted character that acted outside of their sexual orientation
    I don't have to name any other characters. in the case of storm it caused her to behave in sexually fluid manner. the bottom line is that her behavior wasnt normal and sexuality does fall under the purview of "sexual" behavior.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The entire premise of SIXIS is that the heroes became villains, villains became heroes, and chaotic individuals became pacifistic. The whole event was based around inverting morality. If you’re honestly trying to fight that based on a biased interpretation of a single sentence of a recap of a tie-in, then please direct yourself to the nearest rheumatologist to check if arms aren’t sore after all that reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    Shhh. Some people are trying to keep their heads in the sand.

I really don’t understand how they can keep arguing against it when it is perfectly clear. Apparently they want Storm to just go around shouting “I call down the fury of Mother Nature and would hit that **** too!”
    The thing is, I don’t even know why it’s so important that she just be another straight hero in the sea of already heterosexual heroes. I guess I want to know what part of Storm’s character is being sacrificed because she also likes women? It’s so baffling that people are so against her bisexuality when it only enriches her character and the relationships she has with other X-Women like Yukio, Callisto, etc etc

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

One can argue that if it's not being actively explored in story then her bisexuality is just a character footnote and doesn't add anything meaningful to Storm's character...that is to say: it doesn't "enrich" anything.

At this point with all the changes HiX-Man has made to the X-World...there is room for it to be explored or it can be completely ignored.
    Either way...As with Bobby...enh!-Whatever.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    One can argue that if it's not being actively explored in story then her bisexuality is just a character footnote and doesn't add anything meaningful to Storm's character...that is to say: it doesn't "enrich" anything.

At this point with all the changes HiX-Man has made to the X-World...there is room for it to be explored or it can be completely ignored.
    Either way...As with Bobby...enh!-Whatever.
    One can argue that. Is it a good argument? One can argue it isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Interesting take.

One can argue that. Is it a good argument? One can argue it isn’t.
    Quoted for truth.

You all hashing it out here doesn't amount to anything.
    Some will continue to believe she is bisexual, others will claim she isn't ...so please...keep that tone to yourself...this irrelevant debate is not at all important.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    You all hashing it out here doesn't amount to anything.
    Some will continue to believe she is bisexual, others will claim she isn't ...so please...keep that tone to yourself...this irrelevant debate is not at all important.
    Interesting take to have in a thread called: Is Storm Bisexual?

Let’s not minimize things that may be very important to some just because you don’t find them important. I don’t believe it’s a debate anymore as if you read the entirety of this thread it has been overwhelmingly decided she is at the very least bisexual.

Some will always be naysayers and if they want to stay that way then you’re right, not much to debate.

I just want to see finally the acknowledgment of her past with Yukio and others akin to what they are now doing with Mystique and Destiny.

Astonishing Member

I'm just waiting for the Storm/Yuriko sex tape to be leaked.
    Last edited by shooshoomanjoe; 11-17-2019 at 07:28 PM.

No minimising, just stating a fact whether you want to believe it or not.
    And my point was...what you want and others want acknowledged is entirely up to the writers who may or may not care either way.
    For the sake of this discourse...as written and implied by Claremont...yes, there was something more than platonic between Storm and Yuriko.
    In the absence of her having sexual relations (implied or otherwise) with other women...Axis was utter garbage...by other, more important franchise writers, including HiX-Man et al, it's neither here nor there.

BANNED

that was when the xmen were inverted causing them to behave outside their normal behavior. that would make a better case for her being heterosexual than bisexual based on the premise of the entire story. if there were canonical evidence outside of her mind being warped I would have no issue but that isnt the case.