Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol. and to add to this. yukio and Logan were f@ck buddies. that is something proven by canon.
    which would still make her bisexual....

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    which would still make her bisexual....
    no one has yet to show her kiss a woman beyond axis when her mind was warped lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I wasnt talking about Storm.

I wasnt talking about Storm.
    oh gotcha. yukio may definitely be bi. I'm not sure about all her appearances
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

why do you want her to be bisexual so badly? if she was they would clearly show it like they have done with iceman and daken. it wouldnt be all this hidden subcontext.
    Answering this here because its not the topic of the other thread. I cant remember which writer was forbidden to make Gambit bi. Craig Kyle was forbidden to make X23 gay (or bi? I can't remember). Idr if it was Tini Howard or Leah Williams who was forbidden to write a story about bi Psylocke even tho she's been canonically bi for years now. The Iceman writer has detailed at great length how he was pressured to not make his series "too gay".

Your argument either misses the point of why there isnt more diversity in comics (and media in general) and why it is important to have that diversity, or it willingly misconstrues the situation.

Storm entire 80s journey through the mohawk phase was a great metaphor for coming out and makes very little sense, as well as has its quality completely diminished if seen through any other lens. Storm wanting to break free of the constraints others but more important she, pu on herself after meeting Yukio, Kitty calling her a monster, Ororo asking Xavier to check her mind for mental disease. Some of the best writing in the entire franchise and not understanding why it is so great because it contradicts how you headcanon your fave's sexuality is.... the real mess.

BANNED

I think this thread has shown there is more textual evidence for Storm being bi than her being in a healthy relationship with Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I think this thread has shown there is more textual evidence for Storm being bi than her being in a healthy relationship with Black Panther.
    So essentially her sexual relationships matters more than the interpersonal understanding of their fellow human beings? Oh okay...

Astonishing Member

Why are there so many LGBT characters in the x verse but hardly in the rest of the MU.

BANNED

LOL everyone and their mailman knows Ororo has been bi since at least Yukio. It wasn't subtle as a kid. Since then we've had ludicrously kinky shit like Arena and people are still asking for receipts? At this point anyone who refuses it has baggage of their own.

Answering this here because its not the topic of the other thread. I cant remember which writer was forbidden to make Gambit bi. Craig Kyle was forbidden to make X23 gay (or bi? I can't remember). Idr if it was Tini Howard or Leah Williams who was forbidden to write a story about bi Psylocke even tho she's been canonically bi for years now. The Iceman writer has detailed at great length how he was pressured to not make his series "too gay".

Your argument either misses the point of why there isnt more diversity in comics (and media in general) and why it is important to have that diversity, or it willingly misconstrues the situation.

Storm entire 80s journey through the mohawk phase was a great metaphor for coming out and makes very little sense, as well as has its quality completely diminished if seen through any other lens. Storm wanting to break free of the constraints others but more important she, pu on herself after meeting Yukio, Kitty calling her a monster, Ororo asking Xavier to check her mind for mental disease. Some of the best writing in the entire franchise and not understanding why it is so great because it contradicts how you headcanon your fave's sexuality is.... the real mess.
    you can have diversity without it having to be captured in one character. in the age where we do have characters' sexuality shown, such as daken and iceman, freely and without subcontext I do think if marvel wanted this character to be bisexual it would be explicitly shown as such.

moreover, I didnt see her 80s punk phase as a metaphor of coming but a her shedding the ideas of perfection as it relates to being a "weather goddess." It was her trying come to terms with the anger and rage she had with leaving her life in Africa to become an xman. It was her stripping the expectations that those had of her and living a life to what she desired, which is why she told kitty she wasnt her mom and could never be. So I didn't see it as a metaphor for the things you claimed.

nevertheless, the irony of all of this is while you say the moments in the 80s contradict my headcanon, you still cant find one image ororo kissing a woman outside of axis. so it seems the headcanon is actually how you reimagined her punk phase as being a vehicle to show her embracing liking women, which I think devalues the story that was actually told in that period.

BANNED

you can have diversity without it having to be captured in one character. in the age where we do have characters' sexuality shown, such as daken and iceman, freely and without subcontext I do think if marvel wanted this character to be bisexual it would be explicitly shown as such.

moreover, I didnt see her 80s punk phase as a metaphor of coming but a her shedding the ideas of perfection as it relates to being a "weather goddess." It was her trying come to terms with the anger and rage she had with leaving her life in Africa to become an xman. It was her stripping the expectations that those had of her and living a life to what she desired, which is why she told kitty she wasnt her mom and could never be. So I didn't see it as a metaphor for the things you claimed.

nevertheless, the irony of all of this is while you say the moments in the 80s contradict my headcanon, you still cant find one image ororo kissing a woman outside of axis. so it seems the headcanon is actually how you reimagined her punk phase as being a vehicle to show her embracing liking women, which I think devalues the story that was actually told in that period.
    It's a very surface level understanding which you're entitled to.

And its being kept subtextual because as several creators have come out and confirmed Marvel is not as progressive as they want to appear, which is a point you have ignored from my previous post conveniently. Oh well.

It's a very surface level understanding which you're entitled to.

And its being kept subtextual because as several creators have come out and confirmed Marvel is not as progressive as they want to appear, which is a point you have ignored from my previous post conveniently. Oh well.
    call it what you will; however, you won't be able to find anything to suggest shes bi beyond scans that you describe as metaphor or subtext. as I stated, if marvel today wanted her to be bi they would simply show her as such. but they havent, which is why such a thread like this exists. if you have to ask the question its probably safe to assume the answer is no.

to your last point show me the receipts in canon. it's the same thing I was told and many other fans when it came to ororo being a real goddess and omega. it wasnt accepted because willow Wilson called her an omega. therefore that doesn't now change because you want it to fit nicely in the narrative you are trying to convey. so provide me more scans of women in a hot tub together or other hypersexual and/or sexist scans that play into the male fantasy of women interactions versus actual proof of her bisexuality but until you find concrete evidence from canon it's just fanfic and your headcanon boo.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-18-2019 at 03:08 PM.

BANNED

The question is asked because readers understand and have always understood Marvel books narrative is restrained in what can be shown and stated clearly while still being created by individuals with their own limitations, being their personal biases or the imperative to target a mass audience comprized of children AND adults eachi with their own biases and limitations. Is Kitty Pryde a racist? Is Emma a rapist? Is Captain America gay? Do white people in the MU hate black people? Etc. The entire point of discussion boards is to extrapolate on what can and can't be shown to it because we work under the presumption that this universe is alive in our imaginary and not limited to the confines of what's on the page.

This is kinda basic stuff tbh and Im pretty sure you understand it when it comes to topics you're less invested in personally.

The question is asked because readers understand and have always understood Marvel books narrative is restrained in what can be shown and stated clearly while still being created by individuals with their own limitations, being their personal biases or the imperative to target a mass audience comprized of children AND adults eachi with their own biases and limitations. Is Kitty Pryde a racist? Is Emma a rapist? Is Captain America gay? Do white people in the MU hate black people? Etc. The entire point of discussion boards is to extrapolate on what can and can't be shown to it because we work under the presumption that this universe is alive in our imaginary and not limited to the confines of what's on the page.

This is kinda basic stuff tbh and Im pretty sure you understand it when it comes to topics you're less invested in personally.

you dont have to extrapolate such things when there is evidence that clearly state it. as I said others told me, if it isnt said in canon it ain't true. maybe Hickman will have her kiss a girl, and perhaps she will like it but as of now this is all fake news. sorry

Considering it was she who talked on twitter about writing her as bi, it was probably Williams.
    Last edited by djoki96; 11-18-2019 at 03:53 PM.