Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Come on! Some of you rejecting the subtextual and textual evidence for Storm’s bisexuality will squeeze ALL the subtext and “implications” from a scene to argue Storm can craft space lightning from galactic cores and out magnetize Magneto. Bring that penchant for inference on over. No, it hasn’t been explicitly confirmed, but it’s all right there. She’s a literal pagan, bisexual goddess who should be the most subversive character in superhero comics. Mama needs the guardrails off.
    The simple answer is that some fans want her to be a goddess but don't want her to be bisexual. I don't see what's the problem with her finding men and women attractive but some people seem to have massive problems with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

If you asked Claremont he'd probably take out a full page ad in the New York Times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Y'all know she can still be with the Panther if she's been with women, right?
    you always spoiling my fun :/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    you always spoiling my fun :/
    I mean, we might as well get 'em on the record.

BANNED

I mean, we might as well get 'em on the record.
    its willfull ignorance. You're too nice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    its willfull ignorance. You're too nice.
    I'm really not. I just want to hear it acknowledged it's possible to have both. I'm sure posters insisting Ororo isn't bi can do that.

BANNED

I'm really not. I just want to hear it acknowledged it's possible to have both. I'm sure posters insisting Ororo isn't bi can do that.
    If someone's been in a thread for almost 50 pages arguing that a character cant be bi while not knowing the first thing about bisexuality, Im not expecting good faith.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Storm being Bisexual is really not that important to the readership in general...as there are many readers of many varied identities who couldn't care less (myself included).
    Comic books are not the only source of positive LGBTQ representation. And there's much greater representation in the real world through music, art, entertainment...and any gay boy or girl who's into comics are already fully aware of the LGBT icons in the real world.

Plus...
    Bobby being gay didn't suddenly make him more relatable...nor did it make him more interesting (maybe to a few readers, I would acknowledge)...in fact going by the way he was written, I'd say quite the opposite.

The same can certainly be said of/for Storm's Queer identity...and her Divinity.
    She's had intimate encounter(s) with Yukio (the only one we can be sure of with any degree of certainty...the subtext is there to interpret as we see fit).
    She's had a singular display of Divine Goddess Power.
    Yes, they are BOTH in canon.
    But in the grand scheme of the current, ongoing storytelling as directed by HiX-Man and Duggan, unless specifically integral to the story...her Sexuality and Divinity remain irrelevant.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Her sexuality and divinity are NEVER irrelevant.

She's a fertility goddess. Since. Day. One.

Disney-Marvel is just too restricted to fully explore the narrative potential of an African goddess fully in touch with her [Eternity-scaled] sexuality.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Storm being Bisexual is really not that important to the readership in general...as there are many readers of many varied identities who couldn't care less (myself included).
    Comic books are not the only source of positive LGBTQ representation. And there's much greater representation in the real world through music, art, entertainment...and any gay boy or girl who's into comics are already fully aware of the LGBT icons in the real world.

Plus...
    Bobby being gay didn't suddenly make him more relatable...nor did it make him more interesting (maybe to a few readers, I would acknowledge)...in fact going by the way he was written, I'd say quite the opposite.

The same can certainly be said of/for Storm's Queer identity...and her Divinity.
    She's had intimate encounter(s) with Yukio (the only one we can be sure of with any degree of certainty...the subtext is there to interpret as we see fit).
    She's had a singular display of Divine Goddess Power.
    Yes, they are BOTH in canon.
    But in the grand scheme of the current, ongoing storytelling as directed by HiX-Man and Duggan, unless specifically integral to the story...her Sexuality and Divinity remain irrelevant.
    The LGBTQ community shouldn’t have to rely on subtext that can be interpreted “as we see fit.” Bigots in power have literally spent centuries erasing us from art and history in their efforts to portray us as wicked aberrations, so no, it isn’t irrelevant.

People fight this development so hard because they’ve been conditioned to do so, but Storm shouldn’t be constrained by the rules of our oppressive patriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Her sexuality and divinity are NEVER irrelevant.

She's a fertility goddess. Since. Day. One.

Disney-Marvel is just too restricted to fully explore the narrative potential of an African goddess fully in touch with her [Eternity-scaled] sexuality.
    LOL.

Irrelevant in the sense that...

Guy: You know Storm had a "thing" with Yukio back in the day.
    Girl: Really? Hmm...who's warming her bed these days?
    Guy: The King of Wakanda, her Ex husband. For quite some time now. Our girl looks radiant.
    Girl: As you mentioned Wakanda, Did you hear? Storm is now a Goddess. She saved all of Wakanda from the Adversary.
    Guy: Powerful stuff. What's she up to these days?
    Girl: Being "High Priestess" welcoming the newly resurrected on Krakoa, Sitting on the Quiet Council and Saving Mutants around the Globe.
    Guy: Damn! Storm's doing great for herself...she definitely glowed up!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-19-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    The LGBTQ community shouldn’t have to rely on subtext that can be interpreted “as we see fit.” Bigots in power have literally spent centuries erasing us from art and history in their efforts to portray us as wicked aberrations, so no, it isn’t irrelevant.

People fight this development so hard because they’ve been conditioned to do so, but Storm shouldn’t be constrained by the rules of our oppressive patriarchy.
    No one said we "have to rely on" anything.
    But we are not the ONLY demographic these books and stories are being published for. (We are still talking specifically about the X-Men, right? and not ALL entertainment media)

As for the actual subtext given between Yukio and Storm, they were actually quite beauty-full and meaningful and well written by Claremont...who was clearly not a bigot and who had quite a bit of influence and responsibility over his X-Men at the time...with some pressure by the then Editors, yes but still...he and others managed to do quite a lot in their own capacity and skill as writers, in an industry of that time.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yukio shows up once every five years. What's the big deal?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yukio shows up once every five years. What's the big deal?
    LOL.

Excatatiously!!!...pro/against, either way you cut it.

Storm is the Whitney Houston of the X-world.