Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member just-my-2cents's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Oh dear God, I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone started a thread like this. I've seen the people who will fight to the death to claim that Storm is 100% hetero and the levels of reaching they'll use to explain away her relationship with Yukio and I am not going to get involved in this.
    Well you have to understand they want to convince everyone of her sexuality.Hard part is if it was so clear as it is to them we would not have all these varying opinions and views.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Denial is a hell of a drug
    Indeed it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Top 3 in order of preference:
    1. Yukio
    2. Psylocke
    3. Jean Grey

I like Callisto and Storm's rivalry, but I'm not really into love-hate pairings.
    Yes to all, takes me back to when ororo was hitting on jean! ah good timeS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    This thread is delicious !
    No more like ridiculous!
    Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    From Uncannyxmen.net

For years, Storm remained single. "There is no man, really, in the Marvel universe who's good enough for her, who is her equal," Claremont thought in The X-Men Companion. "She would not be taking a step down by falling in love with the Black Panther, perhaps. John Byrne and I toyed with the idea of having her get into a relationship with Scott Summers or start to, but unfortunately I've really kind of done that with Misty Knight and Danny Rand (Iron Fist). (...) Part of my antipathy toward the Black Panther is that I don't have any control over him as a character, and I don't want Storm suddenly showing up in other books, waltzing out with the Black Panther."

"There were relationships that I felt transcended gender," Claremont told Seriejournalen.dk. "Storm and Yukio is something that I never really got into. I mean, I had my own thoughts, but I never really got into it."
    Claremont's words is not enough we need every single person who enters the marvel building to say yes before we believe! (Sarcasm)
    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    For goodness sake. She's a fictional character.
    Nope some people live in her heart!
    Great post. I love it.
    I am weak laughing here!
    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    That's his take on it with Storm and Yukio. There was nothing going on save for friendship. Storm is straight. She's only been in a relationships with guys, she has only shown romantic interests in guys. Arkon, Forge, Dr. Doom, Black Panther, Slipstream, and (ugh, for this last one!) Wolverine are all proof of this.
    And that is your take on them,atleast his views came into fruition in print which "Marvel" allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Kitsune View Post
    Frank Tieri's response to RLAAMJR lol

btw let's rmeember Tieri is a writer from Marvel who has written canon stories about Storm, building off what Claremont already established. Who are you? No one.

I am beside myself here,I can't believe the poster actually went to the writer! seriously? Anyway he responded according!
    Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I don't even know who Frank Tieri is (Besides being a writer for Marvel comics) but I love him already!
    I am so following him on twitter come morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I know I am no one that's why I am asking him.

I know Tieri is a writer ( so no need to tell me that ) but I believe that his take is not Marvel's take.
    Yes it is his take and his take matters! I just can't stand people projecting their beliefs on a fictional character. Ignoring details like the year said comic was in print or the rules of what was allowed and what wasnt should play a part in this debate (bait thread) however all that is thrown out the window just so the agenda could be pushed! I AM NOT CONVINCED! Storm did not grow in western customs,doesnt view herself how people view her and her choices.She has always marched to her own beat without explanation. BI-Sexual storm all the way!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Storm is totes bi. It's canon. Deal with it.
    Purely false.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just-my-2cents View Post
    Yes it is his take and his take matters! I just can't stand people projecting their beliefs on a fictional character. Ignoring details like the year said comic was in print or the rules of what was allowed and what wasnt should play a part in this debate (bait thread) however all that is thrown out the window just so the agenda could be pushed! I AM NOT CONVINCED! Storm did not grow in western customs,doesnt view herself how people view her and her choices.She has always marched to her own beat without explanation. BI-Sexual storm all the way!
    All of this!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Purely false.
    What are you going to do when it turns out to be true?

She is, even Hudlin knew it. T'challa isn't a stupid man he was insecure for a valid reason.

Being in a relationship with a bi person is not a reason to be insecure. Bisexuals are no more prone to infidelity than anyone else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Being in a relationship with a bi person is not a reason to be insecure. Bisexuals are no more prone to infidelity than anyone else.
    Yup and Storm never cheated on him not once.

BANNED

Yes, of course she is; I was very disappointed Greg Pak didn't have the balls to show this in her solo series. *le sigh*
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-29-2015 at 01:05 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by K-Kitsune View Post
    Frank Tieri's response to RLAAMJR lol

btw let's rmeember Tieri is a writer from Marvel who has written canon stories about Storm, building off what Claremont already established. Who are you? No one.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh this made my day, thank you
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Excellent thread. Not as good as a D@N thread or SweetD thread but close enough. If only I could read another excellent analysis of Storm from Daymare.

At any case, I really don't like a certain user: from constant spamming to a complete canonical ignorance of a character they claim to worship. Enough is enough. Please go away. When I said I dislike the new CBR and the posters it seems to attract a few months back, only the dimmest of lights couldn't have realized what I was alluding to.

Storm is bi as in she is attracted to both sexes. However, we must take into context that Storm does not view love/attraction as something based on the sex of the other person. To her, being one with nature, love transcends any and all physicality.

Betsy had sex with female Fantomex. Is she bi? Maybe for Storm but in general no: she was just in love/lust with Fantomex regardless of what he had between his legs this week.

During Storm's most prosperous period (the 80s) sexuality wasn't something that was widely discussed and celebrated. Most things were hinted or alluded to in subtle ways and didn't rely on being so absurdly blatant just so the reader would grasp the gist of what the author (King Claremont) was conveying.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Wasn't this established like 25 years ago or more?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by just-my-2cents View Post

And that is your take on them,atleast his views came into fruition in print which "Marvel" allowed!\
    Not really. The instance you are referring to happened under a degree of mind control. Storm has never done anything like that when in her right mind. Again, while this writer may believe Storm is bi, other writers may disagree. Pak viewed Storm being bi as adding something new to her character. In other words, it hasn't been established yet in his mind. The same holds true for a bunch of her fans. Some believe Ororo to be bi while many others believe her to be straight.

BANNED

What are you going to do when it turns out to be true?
    I may be silent at first but if it happens then so be it. But i prefer her to remain straight.

BANNED

Im gonna say this again

In the real world, girls hug each other, hold hands each other and even say "i miss you" and "i love you" to each other. That's how friendship works on girls.

But if that's gonna be done in comics, then some would say they're attracted to each other and that they're not straight.