Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657
    BANNED

Lightbulb Marvel Comics can push black women marvel characters in leadership positions!

Storm and Captain Marvel...

...leaders of the X-Men and the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Storm and Captain Marvel...

...leaders of the X-Men and the Avengers.
    I'd like to see a duo team up mini series. Could be fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yes, Monica was one of the first "All New, All Different"... after the X-Men, of course. (Am I the only one that remember that header appearing above the X-Men logo waaaaaaaaay back when? If you don't remember, go find a copy of Uncanny X-Men #94 and you'll see what I mean.)
    Yes, UXM #94 featured the header "All-New, All-Different"

BUT

AS Annual #16 added "All-Terrific...

Captain Marvel!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    True. Monica was one of those characters that obtained a "Marvel" title while not being related to the Mar-Vell legacy and somehow Marvel to only associate the name to Mar-Vell related characters, which is probably why Marvel Boy became Justice.
    Marvel Boy became Justice because he was not related to Mar-Vell and yet Kamala Khan who is not related to Carol Danvers became Ms. Marvel
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Give it time, she'll get more than one name change as soon as her creator loses interest.
    To me, a costume change is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Or more likely, once some writer comes along that wants to use the name for a legacy character, the legacy character's kin or someone "more closely connected" to said legacy character.
    Then it stands to reason that, since the comicbook character Adam Brashear is not kin or "more closely connected",
    the superhero-name "Blue Marvel" can thus be bestowed upon Captain Mar-Vell's daughter: Phyla-Vell!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Then it stands to reason that, since the comicbook character Adam Brashear is not kin or "more closely connected", the superhero-name "Blue Marvel" can thus be bestowed upon Captain Mar-Vell's daughter: Phyla-Vell!
    Nothing Marvel does would surprise me. For what it's worth, Adam is the second person to use the name Blue Marvel. One of my issues with Grevioux's original design for Adam is that he didn't give him a far better, more original, more unique name. (His original costume was something else that I had issues with, but that's a story for another day.) So it wouldn't bother me if another Mar-Vell kid decided to borrow the name. It's practically community property already.

To me, a costume change is more likely.

Then it stands to reason that, since the comicbook character Adam Brashear is not kin or "more closely connected",
    the superhero-name "Blue Marvel" can thus be bestowed upon Captain Mar-Vell's daughter: Phyla-Vell!
    It wouldn't be that shocking. Those Vell's will steal any name that's not nailed down.

That said, if Adam lost his super hero name I honestly don't think it would be that big a deal. His name is cool enough that he could just go by Adam Brashear or Dr. Brashear and he could actually get away with it.

SImilar to Luke Cage. When you're name is already Luke Cage you really don't need to go by Power Man since your name already sounds pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It wouldn't be that shocking. Those Vell's will steal any name that's not nailed down.

That said, if Adam lost his super hero name I honestly don't think it would be that big a deal. His name is cool enough that he could just go by Adam Brashear or Dr. Brashear and he could actually get away with it.

SImilar to Luke Cage. When you're name is already Luke Cage you really don't need to go by Power Man since your name already sounds pretty cool.
    Agreed.

Then again, if Luke asked Adam Brashear to use the name Power Man (and the kid, Alvarez, who is presently using it didn't mind), it wouldn't be an entirely bad fit. Not enough to help everyone who is already familiar with Brashear, but future readers who may not be that familiar with Luke or Adam would probably take to the name quite well. That's probably what Grevioux should have called Adam anyway. The beauty of being retconned into existence back in the 60s is that Adam could claim any name not already used by Golden Age heroes and be the first to have that name. Josten would have been Power Man II, with Luke Cage being the third Power Man.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 07-19-2019 at 04:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what celebrities know about Monica? Have any spoken about her publicly?
    Even though DeWanda Wise who dropped out of Captain Marvel did not speak publicly about portraying the live-action woman version of the Captain Marvel girl, she, however, did speak about being interested in portraying the live-action version of the marvel character STORM in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.. https://screenrant.com/dewanda-wise-mcu-storm/

BANNED

It is wise for marvel comics to acknowledge the comicbook character Monica Rambeau to be;
    "Capitan Maravilla"

"Captain Universe"

including the Captain Universe mask
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It is unwise for Marvel to use any kind of name that might remind people of the Marville comic.
    Captain Universe it is to be then.

Captain Universe it is to be then.
    It's funny how much alike are Tamara Devoux (Captain Universe) and Monica Rambeau. Now we just need to add a similarly powerful black woman hero with magic based powers.